Another rough couple of weeks...

Roman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping and praying for a speey recovery for Mrs. RDad and a new start in the new year for the entire RDad family. You all could sure use it.

Wishing your wife gets back to 100% and better than ever as quickly as possible. And hoping you can relax and get some much needed rest.

Hope that she makes a quick and uneventful recovery-you have definitely had a rough go of things over the last few months. Uterine fibroids, or leiomyomas, can grow to some tremendously large sizes that distort the pelvic cavity. I probably size tumors in the size of 25 cm, and larger, on a weekly basis. They can actually become so large that they autoinfarct their blood supply and subsequently become necrotic. Only very rarely are the tumors malignant. By the way, if it six weeks for the pathology to come back, let me know, as I need to work at that hospital, as I usually can get this kind of case turned around in a couple of days-max.

Glad she's okay. I'm surprised they thought they could get it out laparoscopically. Probably the ole college try. Glad it wasn't cancer. Hopefully she has a speedy recovery. Make sure she's up walking as much as possible. That and the incentive spirometer are the 2 things that will hasten her recovery.

So they had the sucky blow toy on her table when I got there this morning. I told her she needed to use it and she had no idea what it was or why it was there.

We got her up ang she did two laps of the entire floor. She's feeling a lot better.

Dude, i feel you. When it rains , it pours but it will come to an end. All the best for your wife.

Sorry, I meant two weeks in my above post re. the pathology turnaround time.

I think the SURGEON will have the results soon if not already, but they aren't going to tell us the reuslts until her follow up appnt in two weeks. UNLESS they are BAD in which case they'll call us sooner. So no news is good news.

I've been through this exact scenario with 2 x girlfriends and my Mother previously over the past 15 years and all three were benign fibroids.

Only my Mother had to have the full hysterectomy, but she was done with children by that point so it wasn't as life-changing as it could have been. She just recently did get a Diverticulitus diagnosis, but it's the more passive version (can't eat seeds, and some other foods), so it's not a big issue luckily for now.

It's amazing how fibroids are so common apprantly as 4n6md mentioned, they told us the majority of girls walk around with fibroids anywhere between the size of bb's to baseballs in their systems without an issue (OB/GYN monitor these with checkups, when they see them growing it's time to take them out, etc).

Glad to hear you wife is on the mend buddy, sorry to hear about the scare, that is the worst for sure.

You've definitely had a rough run the past several months. Hope your wife heals up quickly and permanently.

I've been through this exact scenario with 2 x girlfriends and my Mother previously over the past 15 years and all three were benign fibroids.

Only my Mother had to have the full hysterectomy, but she was done with children by that point so it wasn't as life-changing as it could have been. She just recently did get a Diverticulitus diagnosis, but it's the more passive version (can't eat seeds, and some other foods), so it's not a big issue luckily for now.

It's amazing how fibroids are so common apprantly as 4n6md mentioned, they told us the majority of girls walk around with fibroids anywhere between the size of bb's to baseballs in their systems without an issue (OB/GYN monitor these with checkups, when they see them growing it's time to take them out, etc).

Glad to hear you wife is on the mend buddy, sorry to hear about the scare, that is the worst for sure.

Yeah... Romanmom had the full radical hysterectomy, but we're done having kids as well... Shes worried about the typical chick things... Hot flashes... Mood swings... gaining weight and growing a beard...

HALF of women have fibroids. That blew me away. Only once they get their own zipcode do they become a problem.

Great news about your wife RD.

My mother also had the same procedure to remove Fibroids about a year ago.

Not a big issue, just one of those things that happen to an odd number of women.

Man RD you've had a tough couple of months. You're a tough sonofagun so I'm sure you will pull through. My prayers go out to you & family for a more peaceful year to come.

I have full on PTSD from this.... Took an ambian last night. Went to sleep at about 10. Woke up looked at clock and was happy to see it read 5AM.... Instead of 2... or 3... or 4.... But then I had some sort of dream. I guess I fell back asleep... And the dream was about cancer again. Woke back up in A PANIC... It was still 5AM.

WHAT THE fcuking fcuk fcuk?

Sorry to hear brotha. Wish her a speedy recovery.

I have been going through a tough time too lately. My father goes into surgery again this morning to reverse his colonostomy. He has been freaking out over that lately.

My wife had 2 miscarriages last year, and still is in serious depression over them to the point where I am making her get therapy for it.

Life is real shitty sometimes, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad as they say.

I have full on PTSD from this.... Took an ambian last night. Went to sleep at about 10. Woke up looked at clock and was happy to see it read 5AM.... Instead of 2... or 3... or 4.... But then I had some sort of dream. I guess I fell back asleep... And the dream was about cancer again. Woke back up in A PANIC... It was still 5AM.

It's the med. Same thing happens on Zopiclone. You were impaired.

I'm sorry to hear Roman, hopefully 2012 will only get better for you, keep your head up!

I have been going through a tough time too lately. My father goes into surgery again this morning to reverse his colonostomy. He has been freaking out over that lately.

My wife had 2 miscarriages last year, and still is in serious depression over them to the point where I am making her get therapy for it.

Life is real shitty sometimes, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad as they say.

That sucks Mike :( It iwll get better though, I'm sure of it bro!

Mike, reversal of a colostomy is a good thing man. Tell him that. It's a day to celebrate. Sorry though to hear about the pregnancy problems buddy.

Things seem to get shitty and then compound. Chin up because it does come to pass. Romandad, I went through a spell where shitty came upon shitty. I would wake up screaming from nightmares. It did come to pass but what a shitty time.