Poor Herbie!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nah... there are shitload of nicer looking cars over the GTR , while i do like my car I would trade it for few other cars if money was no object..

3k a month for my kids private school comes first..

Private school might be the only investment worse than an exotic car...

Poor Vegas. Nice guy who waded into quicksand thinking he'd go for a nice swim...so tough to get out of it once it grabs hold.

dig_a_hole.jpg

The M1 definitely looks better in person. It's also really cool to see something that is so rare and has so much historical significance. There is one at a friend's shop that has just been sitting there for about a year now and the owner has seemingly forgotten about the car.

I don't think the GTR is the Japanese Z oh 6, because after having significant seat time in both, I think the GTR is a much better all around car than the Z oh 6. The GTR IMHO, is more like the Japanese version of the Porsche Turbo. I know the GTR's interior isn't quite as nice as the Pcar's but it isn't as bad as a Z oh 6, or as a lot of GTR haters like to say. The best thing about the GTR for me, is how ridiculous they are when modded, as seen in Allan's video. No drama or anything, the car just turns into a rocket and the next thing you know, you are doubling the speed limit.

Where is the SPE750 at in terms of hp?

Clearly you are unfamiliar with the public school system this side of the pond. Not rushing to the defense of anyone who fails to recognize the iconic status of the M1, however, the best investment I make is in my children's education. ROI, huge.

Brian, I usually enjoy your contrarian opinions (as asinine as they might be sometimes), but this was one of your dumbest statements ever lol.

i cant think of a better DD then a GTR and take it to just about any track event and nothing comes close!

for a guy like peak who owns every badass car available to say theres nothing like a GTR, says alot IMO

Brian, I usually enjoy your contrarian opinions (as asinine as they might be sometimes), but this was one of your dumbest statements ever lol.

Yep, Vegas Public school system is ranked close to last in the country.. no freaking way my kid is going to what they call public school in las vegas

I am very very happy with the level my 11 year old and 8 year old are currently at vs. few my friends kids public school level

thats not saying all private schools are great.. you have to do your due diligence ..

I don't believe there has ever been a consensus or anything scientific that proves private schools to be better than public school. In fact, I believe more recent analysis of the national assessment data that is adjusted for things like family income, home and school environments shows that the scores are much much closer and sometimes even better in public schools.

It's not really a surprise that test scores from private schools are higher. After all, private school is expensive and those families are usually wealthier. In a lot of cases wealthier families have more intelligent parents, better home environments, and can offer better opportunities. That's not always the case, but is often true.

Also, it's often the case that obviously intelligent kids are sent to private schools whether it's beneficial or not. Children likely to succeed in any environment will, well, succeed. If you place all of them in private schools, then obviously private schools will have better students. However, that's not indicative of the school. A private school isn't going to make an intelligent child any smarter. K-12 is K-12. You're 4.0 students still has only a K-12 education.

There are plenty of 4.0 students in public schools as well. Unless you are going to argue that private schools are 'harder,' then clearly a child can reach the same level in public school as they can in private school. A 4.0 student in public school is going to be a 4.0 student in private school.

A child's education is much more a product of their social situations than their school, unless the school is pretty much inner city terrible. Good family upbringing and instilling good qualities in your child will have far more affect on their education than the teachers or school system, again assuming you have an average teacher. How else could you account for different grades in the same school/class? Excluding truly gifted children, the students in the same school and year should all have the same grades. That's not the case though. There are the kids that fail over and over, there are kids that always get A's, some that always get B's, and some always get C's. The difference almost certainly lies at home and in their other social environments.

The amount of intelligent and successful people in the world who went to public schools their entire life is proof enough that private school has no disadvantages. I know doctors who went to public schools, I know senior engineers and directors who went to public school. I know cubicle sheep that went to private school, I know golf course workers who failed out of college due to too much coke and prescription pills that went to private schools.

You're kidding yourself if you think private is any better than public schools, K-12. If your kid gets a B in private school, he'd get a B in public school. If he's a failure in public schools, he's a failure in private school. It's almost always bad parenting that fails a child's education, not the school, excluding the most extreme of cases.

Yep, Vegas Public school system is ranked close to last in the country.. no freaking way my kid is going to what they call public school in las vegas

I am very very happy with the level my 11 year old and 8 year old are currently at vs. few my friends kids public school level

thats not saying all private schools are great.. you have to do your due diligence ..

Well, for starters, you can't draw a conclusion from a simple comparison like that. You might see your kids at a higher level than his, but then I'd ask why aren't your kids the top of the class at their school? And if they are at the top of the class, why are there kids who are lower than them? If every kid has the same opportunity, then every kid should have the same grades. Obviously there is a lot more to it than the school system.

Also, how would you rate your friends' parenting with respect to yours?

I don't know where you live, and don't take offense to this at all, but I guarantee there is a kid in your public school that has better grades than your kids and probably more intelligent. Maybe he's the dorky, nerdy kid, but that's beside the point. If one kid can do it, they all can. The school system is not solely responsible for your child's education. You are far more responsible for it than they are.

You're kidding yourself if you think private is any better than public schools, K-12. If your kid gets a B in private school, he'd get a B in public school.

No on so many levels. You're wrong based on the grading system alone. In any Pittsburgh city school, a B = 85; in my school, it was a 90.

I had two quarters of college credit by the time I graduated; multiple philosophy classes were offered. Granted its considered one of the best schools in the country, but no public school around could have dreamed of being in the same league academically.

How did you manage to get this thread so off topic!?!? :lol2:

No on so many levels. You're wrong based on the grading system alone. In any Pittsburgh city school, a B = 85; in my school, it was a 90.

I had two quarters of college credit by the time I graduated; multiple philosophy classes were offered. Granted its considered one of the best schools in the country, but no public school around could have dreamed of being in the same league academically.

You went to Private school? Well that means Brian is RIGHT! :lol2:

nah... there are shitload of nicer looking cars over the GTR , while i do like my car I would trade it for few other cars if money was no object..

3k a month for my kids private school comes first..

Damn it guys we had this conversation last year when Vegas brought up his private education plans for his kids. The group consensus was you can fault a man for a lot of things and offer up suggestions on how he best spend his money but you can NEVER fault a man for trying to give his kids the best education he can.

It's an unwinnable argument.

Brian had some correct points and David had some correct points.

Parenting and home environment do have a HUGE impact on how well the child will do. I think it is true that a successful kid will be successful almost anywhere the kid is educated.

A private school will more likely help kids who are not the top. They will help by offering teaching to a higher standard, having more opportunities for the child, etc.

My wife and I are trying to decide what direction to send our kids. I graduated from a private school and she a public school. Our kids are currently in a public magnet school but, like Brian said, a lot of their education is from us outside of school.

Brian has made some good points, as have the others defending private schooling, but as Hannibal said, we've been through this.

Let's get back on topic, and talk about how that SP750 ass-raped Herbie so badly that the car couldn't sit down for a week... :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

Now back on topic. HOLY SHIT HERBIE GOT SPANKED! This thread has it all:

1. YouTube video sure to bring out the fanboys.

2. Allan declaring his love of the GT-R

3. People on an exotic car forum not knowing what a freakin BMW M1 is (sorry Vegas but really!!!!!)

4. Brian dropping his latest wisdom our way (I love that he brings a different POV and couldn't give a crap what we think about him but some opinions are indefensible)

As for the GT-R love/hate relationship between performance and looks...I like to email my buddy these two pictures everytime he talks about getting one.

NissanGTR_NSX.jpg

NSX_GTR.jpg

What does a letter grade prove? If you got 85% in public school or 85% in private school, you still got an 85% on your math test LOL. If you want, just change my example. A 90% student is a 90% student. Big deal.

Every public school I know of offered college credit in the form of AP classes. I had credit for calculus and physics. I also could have had English credit and a bunch of others that didn't interest me. It was just a shit ton more work for stuff I wasn't interested in. The only benefit going into college was that the AP highschool classes were cheaper. 1st year college class work load << AP class work load.

Multiple philosophy classes? LOL. Who cares? What does that prove?