Poor Herbie!

Allan-Herbie

But, yeah as for the GTR, it's UUUUUGLY. Sweet car, but just not cool looking.

Even if it is way faster than the 911, it's only faster for a split second. After that, it doesn't matter how much it pulls away doing 120 because you always have to slam on the brakes 2 seconds later because you're afraid you'll get pulled over.

It's fun to jump on the gas for the quick thrill, but I think it's way better to sacrifice some performance for the huge gain in looks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of the GTR....why does it sound like the GTR in the vid is hitting rev limiter on every shift?

Peter

bad driver me, sorry peter, i was not looking.

alex

Well here is something to ponder... I got kicked out of Private Catholic School in 3rd grade. Look how well I turned out!

It was 7th grade for me :icon_mrgreen:

G'DAMN! That GTR looks FUGLY against the NSX...lol...

Delete thread.

/end

What does a letter grade prove? If you got 85% in public school or 85% in private school, you still got an 85% on your math test LOL. If you want, just change my example. A 90% student is a 90% student. Big deal.

Every public school I know of offered college credit in the form of AP classes. I had credit for calculus and physics. I also could have had English credit and a bunch of others that didn't interest me. It was just a shit ton more work for stuff I wasn't interested in. The only benefit going into college was that the AP highschool classes were cheaper. 1st year college class work load << AP class work load.

Multiple philosophy classes? LOL. Who cares? What does that prove?

Incorrect. My private schools all used 93% and up for an A, 85-92 for a b. But fact is, a 90% is a B or 3.0 in my private school, and in the schools David is speadking of it would have been an A or a 4.0. Just sayinn.....back to our regularly scheduled program.

Well here is something to ponder... I got kicked out of Private Catholic School in 3rd grade. Look how well I turned out!

Aren't you a Jew?

Could be why he was kicked out. I doubt Allan's mass debater talent had developed by then... well.

Anyway, to recap, a tidy 911 turbo got whipped by a GTR, a GTR owner with no clue to the heritage or the ability of the M1 at the time says it is guff and now we are on school systems?

Where is that thread where we were talking about milk or that other one with lightbulbs in it?

Could be why he was kicked out. I doubt Allan's mass debater talent had developed by then... well.

Anyway, to recap, a tidy 911 turbo got whipped by a GTR, a GTR owner with no clue to the heritage or the ability of the M1 at the time says it is guff and now we are on school systems?

Where is that thread where we were talking about milk or that other one with lightbulbs in it?

Public school induced ADD :D

(my apologizes if that is offensive to anyone)

Brian, after reading your follow up points, and even though there are several I agree with, Im still going to have stick with my original response. You cant make cynical, coarse generalizations like you did initially, and then get away with it by making a few good follow up points that only apply to certain situations. Private schools have their place, and there are definitely many situations where they are not a waste of money. This is coming from someone who doesnt have kids yet, and will probably not put their kids in private school.

You thought you were being funny and clever, and yet you werent, you were just plain wrong. :P

How did we get from GTR vs Porsche to private schools? Anyway for me ,Its not how fast you get from point a to point b...its how COOL you look doing it...Porsche .COOL... GTR....NOT!Large RICE vehicle.

How did we get from GTR vs Porsche to private schools? Anyway for me ,Its not how fast you get from point a to point b...its how COOL you look doing it...Porsche .COOL... GTR....NOT!Large RICE vehicle.

I've grown to admire the GTR due to what it can do more than for how it looks, similarly to how I appreciate the Veyron despite it being a somewhat ugly car as well.

Its performance resume has become so strong that it's beautiful in its own way now.

My problem with the GTR for me personally though is that I don't see a 40+ year old making it work in SoCal. I feel like it's best saved for the single guy under the age of 35, who doesn't look out of place driving up to a restaurant or club in it.

For the older age group the 997 wins that battle by 1000+ miles, as it's more "age-appropriate" in terms of style, cache, and presence. A GTR just screams "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" if that helps explain what I'm talking about here. I don't want to call it "rice", as that's not my feeling, it's just more about age.

I can see both sides, but I personalize more with why Allan and others tilt towards the 997 when faced with the choice.

do not follow BMW enough to know what a M1 is .. googled it and found this white M1? are you kidding me, you really think that looks good?

vs. the GTR.. i don't know bro...i can see how a lambo or a 458 make a gtr look plain.. but no bimmer right now can do that..

Am I only to think that comparing a BMW from year 1979 and Nissan from year 2012 feels a bit pointless?

Look up a pictures of a 240Z road car and a 280ZX race car and compare specs... At the time BMW took 2-3times the horsepower of Nissan from similar engines.

ps. only one of the cars mentioned has also lot to do with lamborghini ;)

Multiple philosophy classes? LOL. Who cares? What does that prove?

There is no more important class any child (or adult) can ever take than some intro Philosophy courses. It applies universally to every aspect of life because it, unlike so many classes, doesn't tell you WHAT to think; it tells you HOW to think.

The world would be far better off if people had basic reasoning and critical thinking abilities. Thank was my point.

Now back to Godzilla invading Stutgart!

it might work out for my kids it might not..they could decide not to go to college..

I'm just trying to give them the best chance and good tools to survive.. time will tell if its a waste of money, as of today I'm very happy with their knowledge and level they are at , I guess the point is the school they are going to is surpassing my wife's expectations.. Im more street smart and she is more book smart (all about school ).

back to the topic !

GTR FTW!!

610 vs 750? So does that mean the 911 is 140hp down, or is it just what they call the builds?

I believe thats what both cars rate at the Crank..