Sold my R8. What's next?

GBGallardo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn why all the hate on Rob? He seems like a legit guy. Ignore the haters and keep your head up buddy.

To be accurate I think it was 1 guy that hated on him, 1 guy on here that lapped onto the bandwagon, and the rest of us all stroking him. His ego that is.

So the score card is only 1 hater, 1 clinger, and 50 or so strokers.

The blogger is obviously too extreme, but I see where he is coming from. The story (how I understand it from what I have seen). Rob got a Gallardo with help (directly or indirectly) from his parents. He made cool videos of his and his friends cars. 16-17 years old, and own a G, how cool is that? Good videos, Gallardo, 18 year old kid = lots of views on his videos. He keeps posting videos, including Sprite's TTG, which goes VIRAL and gets 7 million views WITH ads. That video alone probably brought in enough money for another Gallardo or TT kit. He gets subscribers because the above mentioned circumstances = money. GREAT business. Getting lots of money for doing the things you love = awesome.

This stream of users (ad base), can be used to direct them ALL (each person viewing the video) to what ever sites you can make with more ads. Rob has made online marketing fun. With his status, he can now sell books, or what ever else he can think of. This is the part that the blogger writes about. A bio of your life, sure, np, but marketing the book as a "get rich fast" book is far fetched.

He has done GREAT with what he got, so all the glory to him, but it's not a "rag to riches story" or "how to make money from nothing" etc etc.

As for Forex trading I wrote him a PM about it. FX trading is a HUGE risk and VERY VERY VERY few make money from it. Her site also got marketed with "make money with FX, quit your day job", which is BS. 1) If she as as good as she says she is, then she would get a job with a big hedge fund, if no other reason then to have it on her résumé. The big banks don't even trade FX on their own books because it's BS/too risky. 2) She wouldn't be teaching others to "trade".

This "learn FX trading" has been scammed time and time again on the bigger poker forums. Just search around.

and gets 7 million views WITH ads. That video alone probably brought in enough money for another Gallardo or TT kit.

You really think that a video with 7 million views makes you 40-200k?

rofl

You really think that a video with 7 million views makes you 40-200k?

rofl

I have to say that is a big rofl also. My friend gets over 20 million views a month on his own website (no profit sharing) and he doesn't make near that. Even if Robert's parents did help him though atleast he's trying to use it to his advantage to make some cash instead of depending on his daddy for everything.

I have to say that is a big rofl also. My friend gets over 20 million views a month on his own website (no profit sharing) and he doesn't make near that. Even if Robert's parents did help him though atleast he's trying to use it to his advantage to make some cash instead of depending on his daddy for everything.

Well 200k, yeah, that was a bit much :D But 40k, sure.

I also have ads on my videos. Average click rate is 7%. 7% of 7 000 000 is 490 000. Each ad, around 10 cents (min) -> 50+ cents (at least that's what I get). 49k from a single video, more or less.

Like I said I give him all the credit. He took what he had and made GOOD money with it. I'm not hating on him. I would do the same in his situation. There is a difference in doing that and selling a book "how to make it rich from nothing" when it's far from the truth.

Look at the Drive channel. It's JUST youtube ads.

what about the people who use ADBLOCK?!

A few thousand dollars, yes maybe. But definitely NOT 20-40k. Then you have people who don't have adblock but simply don't click on the ads.

A few thousand dollars, yes maybe. But definitely NOT 20-40k. Then you have people who don't have adblock but simply don't click on the ads.

Well adblock or not, click rate is click rate. I have no idea what Rob is getting in %, maybe he will share it with us, but I am getting, like I said around 7%. From the time I started (April 19th) to today it's 7,74%.

Few thousand dollars on 7 million views??? Of course not, like I said, around 50k more or less. RWJ and FPVRussia are making GOOD money on youtube. I think 60% of the profit goes strait to the uploader and we don't even pay for hosting. It's a great business when you have a lot of subscribers, which in turn gets hits, which in turn gets better placement when others search etc etc.

Then you have people who don't have adblock but simply don't click on the ads.

Is that not like...EVERYONE? Who the fcuk clicks on ads?

The ONLY time I click one is by accident when trying to close myfreeshemale.com browser tab with my left hand.

From my own experience.. a video with 7 million views will make alot more than a few thousand dollars.

The problem here is that Robert is telling people that they too can earn enough money to buy a Lamborghini, starting from nothing, when he himself hasn't even done it. I am pretty sure the majority of his fan base don't have rich dads with Lamborghini's and big houses.

Nothing wrong with doing this if your just trying to make some money. If you are actually trying to help people, be honest.

The problem here is that Robert is telling people that they too can earn enough money to buy a Lamborghini, starting from nothing, when he himself hasn't even done it. I am pretty sure the majority of his fan base don't have rich dads with Lamborghini's and big houses.

Nothing wrong with doing this if your just trying to make some money. If you are actually trying to help people, be honest.

Do you personally know Rob, his life inside and out, his financial situation??? Or are you just going off what you have read?

Do you personally know Rob, his life inside and out, his financial situation??? Or are you just going off what you have read?

I'm going off of what he has shown us through pictures and videos. I remember a thread a while back about member's houses, he posted pictures of his parents beautiful house. This obviously shows his parents aren't your average family. Another example is when he posted pictures of his high school prom, of him going to it in his Lamborghini. This was before he was really known on youtube. In addition, he posted pictures of his dad's Lamborghini a while back. This is where I am getting my assumptions from.

I'm going off of what he has shown us through pictures and videos. I remember a thread a while back about member's houses, he posted pictures of his parents beautiful house. This obviously shows his parents aren't your average family. Another example is when he posted pictures of his high school prom, of him going to it in his Lamborghini. This was before he was really known on youtube. In addition, he posted pictures of his dad's Lamborghini a while back. This is where I am getting my assumptions from.

Just try to remember that assumptions are just that. I knew him before he started posting all of that and know what he was doing to make enough money to get the first Lambo. If he wants to share that, that's his business. I never felt like he claimed to be a rags to riches story; he just worked hard at a lot of different things.

First off-It is none of ANYONE'S business how he got his first car or his 50th.

Second off-Unless you know FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE about someone else's business (or anything at all for that matter) and unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE of it, keep your fingers away from the post button.

Rob has his gig and it is working for him. He is not stealing from anyone and there is no gun to anyone's head to do as he says or as he does. The forex stuff is a bit far fetched but so what. I don't see any sollicitation for investors and promises for huge returns.

I do have a problem with Robert however: He dresses like shit :icon_mrgreen:

Buy yourself a couple of nice T-shirts dude lol, especially for your video about your book.

Second off-Unless you know FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE about someone else's business (or anything at all for that matter) and unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE of it, keep your fingers away from the post button.

One other thing, even if you DO have knowledge of someone elses business, it's generally best to keep your mouth shut and let them air it out at their discretion.

It's amazing how forums can turn successful grown men into gossipy little teenage cunts sometimes. (not directed to anyone in particular, just a general statement)

The ONLY thing that matters is what's in YOUR bank account and HOW it got there....and that is noone else's business!!!

The thing that really bother me about this thread is the fact that the OP traded his R8 for a GTR.....That should be the scam that we ought to be discussing.

The thing that really bother me about this thread is the fact that the OP traded his R8 for a GTR.....That should be the scam that we ought to be discussing.

You would be SURPRISED how many members here are trading their lamborghini's in for GT-R's.

That nissan Rocks. I have driven a couple modded ones, and they are sick cars.

7 million views ANNUALLY can get you Gallardo money quite easily. I am not sure about youtube, but 7 mill annual views to your own website is definitely good cash (and I am sure many of Roberts own websites far exceed this number)

Edit: I'd be interested to see your friends site goldroger. 20mill views a month should be huge money, if the traffic and site is good.