Damn...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to look at old cars (Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc....)...but don't know if I could own one...I enjoy the creature comforts of the newer vehicles too much.

The Diablo, for me, is the greatest looking car of all time - Where the 6.0 edges out the 5.7; But both are GREAT.

:iamwithstupid:

The Diablo series is particularly tempting, because with their lack of depreciation (and possible appreciation moving forward) they're essentially 'free' to own...That red 6.0 currently at LoH... :monkeyleft:

But the whole practicality, creature-comfort, and even technology differences between the cars of today and yesteryear is a tough one to bridge if you worship the cutting edge and haven't grown tired of the souless 'digital' cars yet as Allan and others have mentioned lately.

So old is the new new?

Ronin is the new Young.

The dialblo is great - I love the LM. Not so sure I could rock a TR as I`d need to work on my tan.

I desperately want a 6.0. I had forgotten what a real super car looked like out in the wild until I came across the orange one from lambo NPB on the 405. It blew my mind. Like all of us I've come across almost every supercar at some point or another on the road but there is just something about that car. Unbelievable how cheap they are as well.

The Diablo series is particularly tempting, because with their lack of depreciation (and possible appreciation moving forward) they're essentially 'free' to own...That red 6.0 currently at LoH... :monkeyleft:

But the whole practicality, creature-comfort, and even technology differences between the cars of today and yesteryear is a tough one to bridge if you worship the cutting edge and haven't grown tired of the souless 'digital' cars yet as Allan and others have mentioned lately.

I desperately want a 6.0. I had forgotten what a real super car looked like out in the wild until I came across the orange one from lambo NPB on the 405. It blew my mind. Like all of us I've come across almost every supercar at some point or another on the road but there is just something about that car. Unbelievable how cheap they are as well.

That diablo is sick....

I'll never get tired of looking at a 993 Turbo. LOVE those cars. And the Diablo 6.0.

I'll never get tired of looking at a 993 Turbo. LOVE those cars. And the Diablo 6.0.

Just put out a Wanted on PCA for a 993 turbo but has to be in a weird/rare/loud color.

There's a black SV rolling around in SF. Turns heads like you wouldn't believe when it drives by

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Seen plenty of Gs, 430s and 458s but no diablos yet.

I dont know if its age that changed my thoughts on cars, or rather my environment. With the way the world is now, the jealousy, the haters, the drunks etc I wont take an exotic anywhere.. I learned long long ago that if you take an exotic out anywhere it simply ruins your night. Im always worried about the car, whose around, cant drink etc etc.. So the only thing I use the car for is to drive it, by myself or with a friend, its simply a dedicated drive and normally a short one at that.

So now we go on that short drive, in say the 458. Its limits are soo high, that at any normal rate driving through the canyons might as well be sleeping. I know people focus on these cars and say they are daily driveable and they are. But not by me. I cant just go park that car anywhere. I have a shitfit when people sit on it, take pics etc. So the 458 becomes my spirited drive car that sits in the garage 90% of the time. Now out on my short drive , where I encounter cop after cop its an unexciting snoozefest.

Now we take my Diablo out.. Which by all means, lets get serious.. This car is a fcuking tank. Going around Mullholland in it feels like being the Uboat commander. This car is working you over going through turns at 40mph, where at 80mph in the 458 youd be sleeping. At the end of the drive in the 458 you get out of it, all comfy, cozy and relaxed. In the Diablo, you are exhausted, your back hurts but you feel you accomplished something. in the 458 it was just another drive. Then as you go in you take a look back, with the Diablo, I always say damn that pos looks good. With the 458, I never took that look back. The Diablo gets your heart pumping on the road at 40mph the way a 458 does going at 9/10s its limits. When I want to drive an exotic, I want to feel the energy, the noise etc, not the comfort and useabilty. I want to feel it for a limited time and then put it back in the garage where Im just as happy looking at it if not happier then when Im driving it.

As I mentioned before, the other downfall for me is Porsche. Here is a car that is as fast or faster than any normal stock exotic, super comfortable, can park it anywhere and its a blast to drive with no worries. If i floor it on the highway I dont have 50 assholes immidietely calling the cops on their cellphones, like they do when you are in the Lambo going just 5mph over.

Next year is the 30th Anniversary of the first time I ever saw a Lamborghini Countach. I still have the Dec 1983 Car and Driver. I have spent 30yrs drooling over this car, looking at pictures, videos, everything and its never gotten old. I dont think cars like the 458, Mp-4, Aventador will ever have that affect on people.

And as for cars.. man there are quite a few I want now.. I mentioned before I will now always have Porsches, and will get the 991 turbo for certain. That will take care of my new car high tech gagetry fix, that with a few mods will outrun anything and everything with non of the bullshit of any of the exotics. I also for one truly love the shape and design of the Porsches. Timelss inmo.

I will also keep a Rolls or Bentley. These cars have truly become favorites, whether it be pimp status ( event the Bentley GT and Flying Spur which are everywhere) are always parked at the front, to the comfort and ride being bar none the best. I will never buy a benz or bmw.

For the exotics.. the list is long and only held back by how much money I make.. As of now I plan to add a car or 2 yearly. The list of cars I know i want are:

Diablo Sv

993 Gt2

C2 Turbo

88 1/2 Countach or some variant of reg Countach.

25th Anniversary Countach

Ferrari 512 TR

Ferrari F40

Ferrari 308 GTS, euro with small mirrors.

Pantera Gt5

83-86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Lotus Esprit TTV8

There are other cars I like and want but not sure if Id ever drive them like:

Porsche 944 Turbo

Porsche 928S4

Lambo Jalpa

The only newer exotic I want is a Gallardo Spider.

Jalopy? That's a surprise.

I really never liked mine.

Just not an exciting car.

Its not.. I would essentailly be buying it, just to have it. Somewhat look cool to have it parked next to a 308, which i most likely wouldnt drive either. For me to get it, it would have to be a steal of deal, or else I dont see ever buying one..

Its not.. I would essentailly be buying it, just to have it. Somewhat look cool to have it parked next to a 308, which i most likely wouldnt drive either. For me to get it, it would have to be a steal of deal, or else I dont see ever buying one..

I do want a nice pantera however

Here's a couple of pics of my Pantera. I owned it for a little over four years. It was a a cool looking car, but a bit cantankerous to drive. I sold it when I bought my 360.

pantera2-2.jpg

panterabay-1.jpg

I like that!

Man I hope you one day are able to fulfill your dream Allan, and own both a Diablo, Countach and an F40.. parking them side by side in your garage :D Throw in a 360 CS, and you'd have my dream garage.

I like your list Allan. I'd probably add a 959 to it if you are going to add an F40 (my all time favorite). Heck might as well list an F1 up there too for good measure.

And as for cars.. man there are quite a few I want now.. I mentioned before I will now always have Porsches, and will get the 991 turbo for certain. That will take care of my new car high tech gagetry fix, that with a few mods will outrun anything and everything with non of the bullshit of any of the exotics. I also for one truly love the shape and design of the Porsches. Timelss inmo.

I will also keep a Rolls or Bentley. These cars have truly become favorites, whether it be pimp status ( event the Bentley GT and Flying Spur which are everywhere) are always parked at the front, to the comfort and ride being bar none the best. I will never buy a benz or bmw.

For the exotics.. the list is long and only held back by how much money I make.. As of now I plan to add a car or 2 yearly. The list of cars I know i want are:

Diablo Sv

993 Gt2

C2 Turbo

88 1/2 Countach or some variant of reg Countach.

25th Anniversary Countach

Ferrari 512 TR

Ferrari F40

Ferrari 308 GTS, euro with small mirrors.

Pantera Gt5

83-86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Lotus Esprit TTV8

There are other cars I like and want but not sure if Id ever drive them like:

Porsche 944 Turbo

Porsche 928S4

Lambo Jalpa

The only newer exotic I want is a Gallardo Spider.

nice list

How could you forget.......... the best of them all M I U R A

I like the Miura.. Too exp though. Gotta factor in cost and Ill take an F40 instead..

I like the Miura.. Too exp though. Gotta factor in cost and Ill take an F40 instead..

for miura money you can get a nice countach and a nice F40

i like miuras but...i would prefer these 2 over the miura