SLR

better4worse

Older cars seem to have been hovering around 220 ish for what seems like EVAR.

How would the maintenance costs of an SLR compare to a DROPHEAD? Pretty similar?

Older cars seem to have been hovering around 220 ish for what seems like EVAR.

True, the range has been hovering around the 220's for a bit.

However the cars in that range vary greatly in their mileage and history.

Just reinforces "info is power".

Are you referring to the roadster in San Diego ? Someone brought a car out there to my attention, it's a private sale offer. Black/Black I believe, actually still has 2 years of warranty left, pretty rare.

Roadsters don't interest me, otherwise it would be worth considering.

I was referring to a 2006 coupe...

• 3 months later...

Here is link to the maintenance booklet link.

Was looking at getting one, because it seemed that the car was extreme reliable with low maintenance costs, but not true. You need to take the engine out just to check the plugs.

Man nothing is easy on these European cars for general maintenance.

Maintenance costs are obscene so i you buy a car, make sure the interval servicing has been done, some of them are major and if they are not done you are in for a treat.

Lead on the by the always untrue media.

I guess they can charge it because they just can. Too bad I'm in TO and would have liked to talk.

Well i am in TO too and we can talk anytime. I can give you a lowdown lol.

• 1 month later...

So now, my car needs new shocks at 38000km. Absolute disgrace and a bigger disgrace is the price, $4300 a shock. Ah well.

So now, my car needs new shocks at 38000km. Absolute disgrace and a bigger disgrace is the price, $4300 a shock. Ah well.

Good grief man, is there anything special about them? I mean it doesn't have the adjustable ride, nose lift, etc?

I'd seriously make a call to someone like Penske, they can probably do a wild set of custom race shocks for half that price.

Furthermore, why can't the SLR shocks be rebuilt like any decent coil over?

Good grief man, is there anything special about them? I mean it doesn't have the adjustable ride, nose lift, etc?

I'd seriously make a call to someone like Penske, they can probably do a wild set of custom race shocks for half that price.

Furthermore, why can't the SLR shocks be rebuilt like any decent coil over?

I can get racing shocks made but i can't be bothered as it means we have to start fcuking around with the setup and the last thing i need is 1 more car to setup.

$17,200 for a set of shocks....plus labor? I am assuming the engine has to come out too. Under 24,000 miles, I would place a call to MB headquarters.

$17,200 for a set of shocks....plus labor? I am assuming the engine has to come out too. Under 24,000 miles, I would place a call to MB headquarters.

Engine doesn't have to come out for shocks. Already spoke with MB, they are covering half even though the car is out of warranty.

Engine doesn't have to come out for shocks. Already spoke with MB, they are covering half even though the car is out of warranty.

Just kidding about the engine out..still don't think 50/50 on shock replacement for a $400,000 car is acceptable with that low mileage. If this was happening to a Hyundai there would be a recall.

As they should. MB has alot of shock problems over the entire model line. Glad they stepped up for you

38K km!? You've been commuting that thing!? :icon_mrgreen:

My father works at MB Service in Ft. Lauderdale. I am sure he would be happy to assist my other father with some shocks. :icon_mrgreen:

My father works at MB Service in Ft. Lauderdale. I am sure he would be happy to assist my other father with some shocks. :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you but i got the 2 shocks at cost. I am still annoyed with them. If anything, i will bring it up with Ron Dennis when i visit them in the next few months. We shall se how badly they want to sell a P1.

Love it! Have a problem with the shocks...call up head of McLaren! I hope he takes care of you just so we can hear how the "P1" talk went,

It is my summer DD.

Well done, sir. Good luck with the P1.

• 1 month later...

my black "silver arrow" edition done up by SP will be going up for sale soon...

it has all the goodies done to it and is perfect...

will find some pics on here somewhere...

love the car but thinning the collection somewhat as i simply don't have much time for cars lately...