Mario Andretti Countach At George Evans

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wing looks good without side skirts. If you are keeping those, I would keep the wing.

What a legacy that is Evans Automotive. At least it is in my mind.

I remember my first job out of college (23 years ago) :blink: I worked close to his shop and almost everyday could hear the roar of his black / gold wheel Lambo come screaming up the street. It was awesome. Sometimes I would just walk over to his property and just stare at that beautiful machine sitting out front. Just being near it took you to another reality and to this day I am sure those memories fuel my interest in exotic cars.

Great to see he is still turning wrenches and Alan, congrats on your purchase. Whaawesomeeome opportunity in life to be able to own such a automobile.

No wing looks good without side skirts. If you are keeping those, I would keep the wing.

I agree with Luis, the side skirts look odd without the wing. honestly i prefer any countach with the wing though....

:iamwithstupid:

can the sideskirts be removed?

Sideskirts stay. I like the 88 1/2 sides. Ill just make some sort of cover so i can take wing on and off. I like how low and small it looks without it.

congrats, Evans is an outstanting pro. Wing or no wing is a personal choiche, but without is better looking... :icon_mrgreen:

If you need new fuel tanks, let me know: i hope you do noy need it, but if you have to change it, do it now with the engine out.

ciao

Those lowbody 400S cars make the strongest argument for wingless.

The rest is a toss up.

Wow, this one looks fantastic. Especially in the first photo. Do you have any more?

I like the wing...But that black 400S is making me drool....So I guess either way you can't go wrong.

Nice find. Hope you enjoy it.

Countach, Diablo. They never get old in my eyes.

I like the wing...But that black 400S is making me drool....So I guess either way you can't go wrong.

Nice find. Hope you enjoy it.

Countach, Diablo. They never get old in my eyes.

:iamwithstupid:

Wing 100000000% Looks incomplete without it..rediculous addition..congrats!

With those side skirts, a wing is a must unless you can remove them.

Those lowbody 400S cars make the strongest argument for wingless.

The rest is a toss up.

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting David in person at Pocono this year. Great conversation but wish we could talk longer. Sadly, he did not bring the Acapulco Blue Lp400s!

The Countach design is about shock. Leave the wing. I think more are removed because of bubble problems and other issues than an actual taste preference. If yours is still nice, leave it on. Nothing looks meaner than a winged Countach coming down the road.

When I was younger I preferred them without the wing, but now thanks to all the kit-car assholery over the years I prefer the car WITH the wing as it makes the car appear more whole/factory/legit.

Either that or my taste has just changed...

But either way I think I'm leaning towards the wing.

The only reason I would say no wing is that I think both the Diablo and Countach can look good without the wings. Since the Diablo you have has the wing, maybe go wingless on the countach. I do agree that it would look better wingless without the sideskirts.