The Hamilton Scotts 'Sky Garage Apartments', Scotts Road.

Redlambo

Cool & stupid at the same time. So what happens when your car is dirty; you are staring at a filthy car. The sharp-minded business people should open a car wash next door.

Wonder what the strata/management fees are for this?

VCR good business idea :icon_mrgreen:

Having the car next to your apartment is very convenient, I lived in an apartment while building my house, communal parking is a pain, I had stuff stollen, if you have a decent car people tend to want to see if the car still has a steering wheel, every morning I would find finger prints on the windows but what took the cake was this girl sitting on the hood of my car taking photos :eusa_wall:

The next biggest issue we encountered was bringing groceries/shopping upstairs. After most drives our two little ones were sleeping in he car, my wife founded very hard to manage taking them and all the shopping upstairs, if you buy things that need to be refrigerated you can't leave them in the car and carry the kids upstairs, once upstairs you can't leave the kids unsupervised, massive pain.

Now with the kids being bigger you could just wake them up and make them carry the groceries upstairs :lol2:

I would imagine with how much those units cost, there is a car wash in the building.

Unfortunately, it does not but there is a "watering bowl" motif fountain out front. :)

Btw, it starts at 9M Singapore dollars which roughly equals to just under USD7.2M.

Although I still rather a big home garage this is a pretty cool idea for someone who lives on a metro area where there is limited space.

Looks like a complete pain in the ass.... Have you ever had to wait for a fcuking elevator in a big building? Think how fcuking long this thing would take....

Looks like a complete pain in the ass.... Have you ever had to wait for a fcuking elevator in a big building? Think how fcuking long this thing would take....

Probably why they need you to get out of the car to swipe your thumb print.

What happens when you are in a rush and you have to wait for 3 other people's cars first?

What about maintenance costs on it?

The wait alone would make me want to commit genocide.

Given how expensive and limited real estate is in Singapore, using your floor space for a garage seems like a terrible waste of space/money. I could think of a much better use of that space than a view of my dirty cars.

Concept seems quite flawed as well. Would be a disaster is you were in a hurry, had some complications with the lift, or even a few people ahead of you.

I don't see any problems with it, it would be just as slow or inconvenient parking under the building and carrying stuff up or down.I hate parking an exotic in a public car park, last time I lived in an apartment I went down to find the cover lifted off my Lambo with this girl sitting on the front fender while her boyfriend was taking photos.

In terms of better use for the space, what if the town planning allowed the creation of the extra space simply because it was designated for car parking?

In terms of construction cost/feasability it could be on par or not too much off with digging 3 to 4 levels under to accommodate car parking, in a building where apartments sell from $7 to $24 mil you want to have few points of difference, good or bad seems to be working because everyone is talking about it.