iPhone 5!

Robster Craws

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iOS 6 maps sucks DICK. Worst decision they've ever made. I frequently used street view and walking distance. That's all gone now. F*cking greedy idiots thinking they can do better.

iOS 6 maps sucks DICK. Worst decision they've ever made. I frequently used street view and walking distance. That's all gone now. F*cking greedy idiots thinking they can do better.

Just go to google maps through safari and it will then offer to add it as a shortcut and it opens through safari, but still works the same.

Ok - so I Did the update on my ipgone 4s (io6) and now i cant watch video that are on forums?? It says i need flash or quicktime..

anyone know what the hell is going on? I download the Youtube app , but that does not allow me to watch videos on forums.

I was already on edge when they announced this "improvement" as being a part of iOS 6 a few months ago. It seemed like a horrible idea even then, an obvious avoidable mistake.

And today the universal response so far to it is one of hatred and bitterness over the POS app they created and are now forcing on users. :lol2:

Haven't upgraded the iPad 3 yet and the iPhone 5 isn't here yet, not looking forward to this poorly executed 'idea'. :eusa_wall:

Ha I preordered this time around!

And the maps does suck. I also liked the walking feature. Made me rethink those walks that "looked short" in an unfamiliar city and take a cab instead. Very useful and now dead.

Whats this passbook shit? It along with 2 or 3 other things are just sorta sitting there but dont seem to do anything?

Whats this passbook shit? It along with 2 or 3 other things are just sorta sitting there but dont seem to do anything?

Passbook is very limited right now, with few companies supporting it.

Over time, if it takes off (and that's a big 'if' because there's no financial incentive for any company to use or participate in it) it could be a nice feature to replace shit you carry in your wallet/purse (tickets, gift cards, etc).

For now it's just a novelty with no real value.

:lol2:

Apple Knows Apple Maps Suck Right Now But Says It’ll Get Better

by: Casey Chan, Gizmodo.com

Apple just released a statement regarding the overall shittiness of Apple Maps and though Cupertino ducks most of the issues like false listings and a melting 3D world, it promises that the service will get better as more people use it. Hmm...

Here's Apple statement in full:

"Customers around the world are upgrading to iOS 6 with over 200 new features including Apple Maps, our first map service. We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover, turn by turn navigation, and Siri integration. We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it. Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get. We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better."

It's a statement that's obviously doused in PR hopscotchspeak but reading in between the lines—"we are just getting started with it... customer feedback... working hard..."—Apple is clearly aware that its maps offering, which was supposed to be the biggest feature of iOS 6, is one of its worst products since the MobileMe debacle. It's as close as we'll get to Apple admitting that Apple Maps is a shit show.

New Maps suck like everyone says,

couldn't find a restaurant around the corner from my house and placed a butcher shop few numbers up from my house, I ran out to check if my neighbour opened a butcher shop :lol2:

Who here preordered with Apple.com on 9/14? Well I did and did you know that we won't get our phone until Friday 10/5?!! Everyone else will be getting their iPhone 5 tomorrow and we fcuking have to wait til two more weeks!! WTF!!!

Got my shipping confirmation today! Should be here tomorrow woooo

My tracking says 10am tomorrow, looking forward to screwing around with it over the weekend.

Who here preordered with Apple.com on 9/14? Well I did and did you know that we won't get our phone until Friday 10/5?!! Everyone else will be getting their iPhone 5 tomorrow and we fcuking have to wait til two more weeks!! WTF!!!

Yeah, I missed the cut off by a few hours. Mine arrives 10/5, my business partner's arrives in the morning (9/21) -- I shouldn't even go to work tomorrow... :eusa_wall:

How do you like the black? Does it seem like it'll scuff really easily on the anodized parts?

I never used a cover for the iPhone 4, looks pretty good for the abuse it took, the iPhone 5 has an aluminium back plate it, I wouldn't put it in the pocket next to keys, sharp objects etc

I must say the fit and finish is excellent, feels very good in your hand, the glass back could get a bit slippery.

You can really feel the difference in weight.

I haven't powered it up yet.

Apple will be fixing it shortly!

Gotta love being an att dealer. I got mine earlier today and i must say its horrible. Same crap as the 4s with even crappiermap.only up side is the LTE addition...anyone in the seattle area who needs one pm me. I got a bunch more and im willing to hook up a fellow LP member.

Gotta love being an att dealer. I got mine earlier today and i must say its horrible. Same crap as the 4s with even crappiermap.only up side is the LTE addition...anyone in the seattle area who needs one pm me. I got a bunch more and im willing to hook up a fellow LP member.

it's horrible, who wants one :lol2:

First on LP ? :icon_mrgreen:

post-7524-1348200669_thumb.png

post-7524-1348200716_thumb.jpg

Damn you! Mine said it should be here by 3pm but I'll be at work. Should have mine around 6 or so. Then I'll add my 4s to my cache of iPhones lol. Will have a 4, 4S, and a 5 just laying around.