Kisco

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
pic of 09 OEM 560 monster exhaust...cant believe it only weighs 65lbs., feels and looks heavier

I know!

Finally getting around to uploading some dyno videos. The final numbers are as follows:

CTD Cat-Back Exhaust - 46 pounds lighter (18lbs. vs 64lbs.) and picked up 23AWHP.

Car (2009 LP560) made 505AWHP (averaged between 507 and 503) on SUMMER Pump 93.

What was truly amazing is that the CCBs on the car are good for 20-25AWHP. My 570 on SUMMER Pump 93 only made 469 because it has the steel brakes.

Dyno video and write-up to follow in a thread soon. When our header-back exhaust, intakes, and tune package are applied, 550+AWHP will be achievable with simple modifications.

What was truly amazing is that the CCBs on the car are good for 20-25AWHP. My 570 on SUMMER Pump 93 only made 469 because it has the steel brakes.

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying CCBs increase HP?

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying CCBs increase HP?

wheel horsepower, yes. SUBSTANTIALLY.

What is the weight difference of the rotors?

From what has been written about them (we will remove rotors and verify), all 4 CCBs weigh less than 1 steel rotor. They are ridiculously light.

That could be a plausible explanation of the fact that some Gallardo's are running stronger than others, interesting.

Yes, and wheel weight. Are they stock rims and, if so, which ones or are they aftermarket and, if so, which ones.

Stock wheels only and the lightest available :icon_mrgreen:

I must admit I did not feel any difference between a car with CCB and one without and since CCB's here cost as much as a small house, steel it is :icon_mrgreen:

Stock wheels only and the lightest available :icon_mrgreen:

I must admit I did not feel any difference between a car with CCB and one without and since CCB's here cost as much as a small house, steel it is :icon_mrgreen:

LOL!

D. Wiggs, I think people would give you more credibility and take you more seriously if you wouldn't speak before you have factual information. It can be annoying to see someone argue from an ignorant standpoint (ignorant-(adj) lacking knowledge or information). I'm not saying you yourself are ignorant as obviously you've proven yourself very successful. But it's painful to read something when we know you are honestly ignorant to the facts. Do us all a favor and know the facts and maybe listen to people who know better (fabspeed in this instance).

With that said, I love the sound of the exhaust and hope you sell a lot of systems!

That's all:)

Thought I'd throw in this video too with Wiggs interview to boot. I have to say, the car sounds awesome! Better yet, a VERY happy owner!

From what has been written about them (we will remove rotors and verify), all 4 CCBs weigh less than 1 steel rotor. They are ridiculously light.

This is not correct. The CCBs are much lighter but not like that. You also have to consider the caliper and pad weights are heavier on the CCBs but the rotational weight is really what important.

I went lighter rotors and light wheels as converting to CCBs was not reasonable at the time.

Audi R8 Steel Weights:

Front Caliper w/pads--13.65

Front Rotor-24.30

Rear Caliper w/pads-9.50

Rear Rotor-19.75

Audi R8 Ceramic Weights Similar to 09+ Gallardo:

Front Caliper w/pads--16.25

Front Rotor-14.10

Rear Caliper w/pads-9.45

Rear Rotor-11.75

ferrari scuderia rotors:

Front: New weight: 6,224g (13.7215 lbs). Thickness 35.5 mm

Minimum weight: 6,124g (13.4011 lbs)

Rear: New weight 4,520g (9.9649 lbs). Thickness 33.5mm

Minimum weight: 4,465g (9.8436 lbs)

Gallardo rotor Weights:

Gallardo OE Front: 27lbs

Girodisc 380mm front: 23.5lbs

Girodisc 365mm front: ~20lbs IIRC

OE Rear: 20lbs

Girodisc rear: 16.5lbs

Who in the fcuk wrote that, it is ridiculously wrong .

The thing about NASA Tuning Division statistics, is that they're wrong 83.4% of the time.

DAMN D.Wiggs is big! I now get the huge bed, huge trucks, the big dogs etc. :icon_mrgreen:

D.Wiggs how did you deal with the KW canisters on the LP, do you mind sharing where and how you've installed them? TIA

The white LP looks and sounds very good, the only thing I would do different is the wheel color, IMO it would look very good with a bronze finish.

Well done.

Who in the fcuk wrote that, it is ridiculously wrong .

Apparently! Like I said, that's just what I had heard. As per Lambofan35, apparently it's just over half the weight.

DAMN D.Wiggs is big! I now get the huge bed, huge trucks, the big dogs etc. :icon_mrgreen:

D.Wiggs how did you deal with the KW canisters on the LP, do you mind sharing where and how you've installed them? TIA

The white LP looks and sounds very good, the only thing I would do different is the wheel color, IMO it would look very good with a bronze finish.

Well done.

:icon_mrgreen:

Just for you buddy...

And thanks, Bronze might look pretty cool!