Looked at a Countach

rhyno

I went car shopping today and was surprised to see this 25th anniversary Countach. It's a one owner car with about 10,000km on it. It's pearl white with black interior. Paint looked good but it needs work. It needs new tires, refinish wheels, new suspension, fix engine leaks, euro front bumper, new hoses and rubber. There is a lot that I do not know about this car so maybe you guys can help out. It's vin is 12480. Allan maybe you can pm me with how much it cost to fix up your new Countach? Any ideas on value? I know I would have to do a ppi. It does run. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That undercarriage looks rough...

Love a pearl white countach though.

10.000 km... yes, my one flies too...

:)

ciao

:iamwithstupid: There are a good many Anniversary Countachs out there to settle for anything other than perfect IMO.

I think Anniversarys in good condition are selling in the 120K+ range when I was looking. They may have gone up a little since then as Ive been seeing them priced higher.. Then people are addressing any and all issues. None of the these cars will be ready to go and will need work! Atleast the Anniv is easy to convert to euro look.

Looks all nice and original and complete. It may be rough around the edges, but it's definitely worth saving this one! Worth it, if you can get it for the right price that is......

Could that be water damage?

There are a good many Anniversary Countachs out there to settle for anything other than perfect IMO.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Good luck in your search.

Something very wrong with that underside.

Engine out with possible rebuild plus the other things you listed.........90k.

Did they have an explanation why the underside looks like that? I have seen some undercoating that looks simular to that, kinda of a darker yellowy clear.

Actually, look at the underside pic and look at the pic above it. The pic above has a much darker underside. Possibly telling us that the flash on the camera has played a trick on us.

I think the flash is making it kinda funky. You can still for sure see some surface rust areas on the frame/suspension braces and some zip ties on there though.

I agree I think the camera's flash is helping to make it look worse than it is.

Someone mentioned it looks like it has been driven through salt water might not actually have but it might have been living near the ocean.

Bare metal doesn't have to be driven through salt water to rust, If this car spent a lot of time near the ocean it will have some sever corrosion is some places. I have lived near the ocean for most of my life and spent 3 years living on a island called Okinawa, there is no salt put on roads because there is no ice yet everything rusts. You just have to be diligent on something like this and treat the corroded areas.

Also to find zero rust on a car that is over 20 years old is impossible you can always find something with some rust.

The flash was on and a clarity filter was used to brighten up the original dark picture. From my knowledge its a one owner car and its been in Vancouver for almost all it's life. So it's been near the ocean for its life and that might explain the surface rust.

The flash was on and a clarity filter was used to brighten up the original dark picture. From my knowledge its a one owner car and its been in Vancouver for almost all it's life. So it's been near the ocean for its life and that might explain the surface rust.

Could that be the same pearl white anniverary countach that was listed on Vancouver craigslist before Christmas for 80k?

Here are 2 pics offering another perspective on the underside of the same car. One's taken with flash, the other without.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Could that be the same pearl white anniverary countach that was listed on Vancouver craigslist before Christmas for 80k?

No it's a different countach. The Craigslist car was a scam!

Meh, it'll buff right out! Well not really, but it does look mostly superficial. This could be a bad sign for the heim joints, but at this age they probably have to be replaced anyways. It could probably be sanded down and touched up a bit on the car, but to fix it probably most parts would probably have to be removed stripped and recoated. The more important question is what does the rest of the car look like, is the whole underside like this?

A little off topic, but what is the shiny rod I highlighted in blue? Is this a rear sway bar?

post-71271-1358432965.jpg

Just saw this cars photo on a dedicated "lets try to create a demand for 25th anniversary countach thread" on the other forum.... Probably the reason why there looks like so much wear on the bottom is the weather up there in BC. Plenty of rain and moisture. All those wear on the underside coating. Its not to say it wont run well. Its just there is wear.. But from the other forum, the pictures look quite artistic...with the rain on it and all...lol. lets not forget those special one piece seats...lol. Also, from the way it is being stored and the pics on the other forum, there might some twisting of the frame since I noticed the rear bumper gap on the passenger side is greater than the driver side. Also, the passenger side front bumper is higher and the driver front bumper sits lower? Maybe it might be the pictures but i know for sure rear bumper is off since there is uneven gap...

Meh, it'll buff right out! Well not really, but it does look mostly superficial. This could be a bad sign for the heim joints, but at this age they probably have to be replaced anyways. It could probably be sanded down and touched up a bit on the car, but to fix it probably most parts would probably have to be removed stripped and recoated. The more important question is what does the rest of the car look like, is the whole underside like this?

A little off topic, but what is the shiny rod I highlighted in blue? Is this a rear sway bar?

It's the pipe that balances the two fuel tanks.