Meanwhile in Syria

capt_chaos

This, in a nutshell, is why we as a population should not allow ourselves to be disarmed, at any cost.

I can't believe this war has been going on for 3 years now. It is unbelievable the amount of bloodshed over there.

And there will be plenty more. Everybody is fucked up in the middle east, i think their brain fries in the heat.

And there will be plenty more. Everybody is fucked up in the middle east, i think their brain fries in the heat.

No doubt about that, the age of enlightment has yet to dawn on the middle east. Considering the amount of battle hardened islamists Syria is now producing, we won't see an end to violence too soon, even with Assad gone. If this was a brief conflict I think the results would have been different, but now I get the feeling a lot of extremists have joined the fight. It's a shame, both sides are destroying the country, I always thought Syria had a huge untapped potential for development.

This is, in a nutshell, why any large scale gun control doesn't work. People just improvise when they need/want to.

So might as well let people have AA guns and RPGs because they'll just make it otherwise?

So might as well let people have AA guns and RPGs because they'll just make it otherwise?

That is what we call a Slippery Slope Fallacy, thanks for playing come again! ;)

He isn't implying that there can't be ANY gun control. But large wide-spread blanket regulations will not particularly work because people are creative and have ingenuity. Example: IED's, and all the other weapons you've seen in that slide show.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
youre fcuking kidding right ?

Sort of...

A good chunk of the syrian rebels are islamic extremists, some of the news coming out of Syria is disturbing to say the least, now with allegations of rebels using chemical weapons as well. The prospect of them taking over the country seems just as terrifying to me. This conflict has gone on for far too long, tens of thousands have died and it made hundreds of thousands of people refugees, and as we've seen what political change has brought to Egypt I'm no longer optimistic about the changes happening in the middle east.

Assad is a butcher but the people replacing him will not be any better. The only positive with Assad in power is that all the minorities are protected. Assad goes and goodbye any christian, kurd etc..

A lot of the rebels are Al Q trained and funded.

It is why none of the nations are queuing up to get too involved. Do you support a militant tyrant or do you support the rebels which means supporting a lot of AQ groups.

Tricky.

A lot of the rebels are Al Q trained and funded.

It is why none of the nations are queuing up to get too involved. Do you support a militant tyrant or do you support the rebels which means supporting a lot of AQ groups.

Tricky.

[patiently awaits] smartass comment to bomb them all.

uQg4I.jpg

Ok, maybe not on this forum. :icon_thumleft:

Assad is a butcher but the people replacing him will not be any better. The only positive with Assad in power is that all the minorities are protected. Assad goes and goodbye any christian, kurd etc..

:iamwithstupid: There's an old saying... The devil you know is better than the devil you don't

:iamwithstupid: There's an old saying... The devil you know is better than the devil you don't

Totally. And, let me get this straight: We're going to borrow money from the Chinese so we can fight Syria's civil war for them? Seems ludicrous.

Lol it's called being poor and a lack of proper education. Can happen in any country. The Middle east used to be the tech superpower back in the day but they got greedy just like a certain a superpower is being these days....

Syria was fine a few years ago (looked pretty good on top gear) but now they're totally fucked. Guaranteed if someone else takes over it's going to be a religious extremist. It's funny because western countries are helping encourage it. They won't bend they're ideals for reality.

Lol it's called being poor and a lack of proper education. Can happen in any country. The Middle east used to be the tech superpower back in the day but they got greedy just like a certain a superpower is being these days....

So a backward, neo-medieval ideology and mindset in the 21th century has nothing to do with it? Let's stop making excuses, and let's look at this objectively.

So a backward, neo-medieval ideology and mindset in the 21th century has nothing to do with it? Let's stop making excuses, and let's look at this objectively.

:iamwithstupid:

So sick of hearing the "They're not educated..they're poor" argument every time people are fcuking up.

Point at the high black crime rate..."Oh they're poor an uneducated" lets completely ignore their culture which idolizes crime and praises ignorance.

Then there's the middle east and Islamic extremist...same thing..."They're poor and uneducated"... Nope,they're extremist assholes who use religion as justification to kill and ruin lives.