Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

:iamwithstupid:

We must have a bunch of accountants on board they only seem to care about numbers!

Who cares what the numbers are when you are having fun?

It is indeed all about fun, enjoyment and camaraderie among car enthusiasts, IMO. But this forum is nothing like the thread on fchat titled "F70/ LaF vs. McLaren P1 vs. Porsche 918 - now that is a relentless dick slamming of numbers, stats and Nurburgring times!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

duPont Registry video

this video let us share a strong emotion.

Thanks

ciao

It is indeed all about fun, enjoyment and camaraderie among car enthusiasts, IMO. But this forum is nothing like the thread on fchat titled "F70/ LaF vs. McLaren P1 vs. Porsche 918 - now that is a relentless dick slamming of numbers, stats and Nurburgring times!

The funny thing is that without a factory prepped car, followed by an army of technicians, ideal conditions, right planetary alignments, etc. you will never be able to squeeze those numbers, ring times, etc. yourself so why even bother?

The funny thing is that without a factory prepped car, followed by an army of technicians, ideal conditions, right planetary alignments, etc. you will never be able to squeeze those numbers, ring times, etc. yourself so why even bother?

Totally agree. It has to be about bragging rights!

i do not care about acceleration times to...all these cars are more than too fast for the road in any case...so pretty pointless

to know it feels much faster than the aventador is cool though

one thing i would be curious is the weight of the car to understand how deeply factory went into develop and research for the Veneno cars:

any chance you will be put this and the aventador on a scale ?

that would be no harm and stress for the cars but very interesting to read

one other thing i am not yet sure about: are the seats the same on all 4 Veneno? is true that some have regular aventador seats?

Well said! Exotics are all about emotions and bringing a smile to the face. Does it really matter if another car needs 0.1 seconds less to reach 60? Personally, I don't think so.

one thing i forgot to say:

lamborghini got it right with the Veneno as special "TOP" car

what i mean is that VENENO is SO MUCH better in every way than the reventon and the concept is finally right

it has the performance, tecnical differences, weight reduction and improvments to match the look and higher price tag.

Veneno, Lamborghini :eusa_clap:

duPont Registry video

That's super cool Kris !!!! congrats again on owning such a special car !!

I still remember talking to you on the phone when I took my Aventador delivery

about a year ago, I realized it then what a great ambassador your are for the brand :)

Well done !!!

This is just special. I have met and talked to lots and lots of people and I must say, Kris has been just simply the most altruistic and passionate supporter of the Lamborghini brand. He is not all Lambo though, as odd as that might sound, he really is a gear head. He knows the super car & hypercar space and is truly a wealth of information. With that, he is also a very humble guy and that makes it all the better. Congrats Kris. Well DONE!!!

one thing i would be curious is the weight of the car to understand how deeply factory went into develop and research for the Veneno cars:

agreed, the weight reduction would be very interesting to be confirmed by an owner. it's the only stat that I care about in relation to the Veneno.

Guest Dereiter
duPont Registry video

Kris, your interview was top notch and you was very excited of getting the Veneno.

If you have an intention to visit Orlando area then do not hesitate to let me know it. We could have a cup of coffee together :icon_thumleft:

Enjoy it!

Speaking of which, what does the Veneno Key look like?

It is the same as the Aventador key.

Have they ever left your pocket/hand?

lol. Yes, when it is in the ignition.

Awesome!!! thats what i want to hear!

It is very, very light. Insanely light. Even the doors feel like they weigh less than half of the Aventador doors when you pull them down.

Looks like the one that was ordered by the owner of Lamborghini Long Island has also been delivered...

1073114_10202457126443376_1731088620_o.jpg

Does it count if it was delivered over two months ago and he hasn't even taken it out of the dealership yet? :rolleyes: #IDriveMine

Kris,

I know I've already told you Congrats on the car the night you took delivery, but I also wanted to make it LP official as well, lol... So CONGRATS brother! :icon_mrgreen: Let me know when the Pagaini gets in to Miami, would love to see those two together.

A huge thanks to Aaron as well for sending me play by play pics of the car on delivery night. I was so exited for you Kris I could hardly stand it. The car is truly amazing and there is nothing better than the green accents to really set it off. Truly an amazing way to start off 2014!!

Thanks Shea! It means a lot! I can't wait for you guys to come visit me here in Miami Beach. I am sure we will talk soon!

Congrats, news vídeos please :eusa_dance:

There are a few coming. I must say, I am shocked that no one has posted any pics or videos from my drive on 395 last night. My neighbor (who is a very successful professional motorcyclist sponsored by Ducati) and I went for a spirited run up and down the highway. I can tell you that the Veneno has amazing braking ability due to the fact that it is so light. The car is just insanely fast. My friend was impressed with it and he is used to hitting 175 on a bike and sliding his knee against the tarmac while turning (much bigger balls than I'll ever have)!

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/lamborghini...o-delivered-us/

Dupont Registry did a story about the delivery.

Really is a great looking car.

duPont Registry video

Thank You! The guys at DuPont REGISTRY are great people! I have been a fan my entire life and it was nice to meet them.

Someone spotted you guys lol Car sounds incredible!!!

Cool! Thanks! I don't know how you found that, Tanner! I hope someone caught me last night. I went out with my neighbor and we did some nice highway driving. :icon_super:

Damn.. impressive!

Thanks!

This entire forum is completely ridiculous.

RB - A massive congratulations on the Veneno delivery and much respect for taking the time to address every single post ITT.

Between the 1 of 3 Veneno, custom Koenigseggseggsegg and Boogatti owners on this forum it is motivational as hell for the younger members to keep pushing for success, so thank you to RB and all you other lunatics on here for that as well. I look forward to the day I can cruise in such good company.

2014 is already starting to kick some serious ass! And FWIW, RB and every other car owner on this forum should do absolutely whatever they so choose with THEIR vehicle. If it was me I definitely would never want any journalist that has no skin in the game (so to speak) to start trashing and pushing my car around. Shit I won't even let a valet touch my car, I end up tipping them just to let me park my own. As for the numbers, any factory produced vehicle will never be faster than a heavily modified car (2k hp GTT) which will never be faster than an F1/ALMS/Dragster/etc... which will never be faster than an F22..... once you start getting into any car with more than 600 or 700 hp the fractions begin to blur and it becomes more about the emotions, experience & exclusivity.

Thank You! I 100% agree with this :icon_thumleft:

Finally, someone said it! The perpetual dick measuring over HP numbers etc is tiresome. Enjoy the thrill. Leave the ANALytics to the journalists and fanboys. Congrats on a killer vehicle and more importantly, actually driving it out in the wild. A true ambassador!

Thank You! This car is so amazing that trying to measure it with numbers is an insult to the car. Let Ferrari and McLaren worry about lap times for cars that will never be on a race track. I'll be out having fun in my spaceship. :celb:

This thing is beyond wild. Congrats RB!

Thank You!

Wow! Enjoy in good health RB!

Thanks!

:iamwithstupid:

We must have a bunch of accountants on board they only seem to care about numbers!

Who cares what the numbers are when you are having fun?

lol! So true! A lot of people buy them and don't drive them or aren't really car people so they rely on statistics or journalists to tell them what to think. Now, there are some people who are serious track guys and I applaud them... while I count them on one hand. Most are FOS.

Was just about to ask the same thing!

Really wish someone would have gotten Kris' initial reaction and face when he first saw the car being delivered! :icon_super:

Thank you! Cinemotive got the entire delivery. They will have a video up soon!

Hey Kris,

I noticed you said you wont heavily track the car, which makes sense...but im curious...if you ever do decide to, do you get any factory support? for the price you paid for the car, im would hope that it at least came with some perks like that. did it at least come with free maintenance? LOL

does it have a nose lifter? im sure its going to hurt when u hit potholes

Would you ever consider making a video of a detailed walk through of the car, kind of like this?

Sure! As soon as I get the correct seats and side mirrors! 90 days or so.

I do not go to any other forums, but I agree that this is the place to be!

this video let us share a strong emotion.

Thanks

ciao

Thank You, Alberto!

Aaron and I were just talking about those exact same points on the phone yesterday!

Bragging is for those who lack confidence and have emptiness inside them. There is nothing admirable about being a braggart.

i do not care about acceleration times to...all these cars are more than too fast for the road in any case...so pretty pointless

to know it feels much faster than the aventador is cool though

one other thing i am not yet sure about: are the seats the same on all 4 Veneno? is true that some have regular aventador seats?

I don't know about the other cars. I doubt the one in Long Island will ever see the road from what I hear.

I will not put my Veneno on a scale but I can tell you that it feels extremely light.

If the car weighs around 3000 lbs and it has over 700 HP with Aventador braking and handling you have a WMD on your hands!

It may weigh under 3000 lbs. It probably has more than 750hp. Unfortunately, we will never know what my car weighs. I am against measuring this car with any numbers. When I whip my friend from Motortrend around we will let him do the talking while I drive. Then we will see what he think it weighs. We might find out what he had for lunch that day, but no exact numbers.

Well said! Exotics are all about emotions and bringing a smile to the face. Does it really matter if another car needs 0.1 seconds less to reach 60? Personally, I don't think so.

That is all they are about. They are all fast. This Veneno is in the performance realm of the Bugatti Vitesse. Only it does it NA with low weight whereas the Vitesse has more power and more weight.

one thing i forgot to say:

lamborghini got it right with the Veneno as special "TOP" car

what i mean is that VENENO is SO MUCH better in every way than the reventon and the concept is finally right

it has the performance, tecnical differences, weight reduction and improvments to match the look and higher price tag.

Veneno, Lamborghini :eusa_clap:

Thank You!

That's super cool Kris !!!! congrats again on owning such a special car !!

I still remember talking to you on the phone when I took my Aventador delivery

about a year ago, I realized it then what a great ambassador your are for the brand :)

Well done !!!

I remember that too!! I appreciate you including me in that experience. I remember my wife was pregnant and I want to drive out there so badly to see it!! Hopefully we can get together in the next few weeks! :icon_thumleft:

This is just special. I have met and talked to lots and lots of people and I must say, Kris has been just simply the most altruistic and passionate supporter of the Lamborghini brand. He is not all Lambo though, as odd as that might sound, he really is a gear head. He knows the super car & hypercar space and is truly a wealth of information. With that, he is also a very humble guy and that makes it all the better. Congrats Kris. Well DONE!!!

Thanks Cody! Likewise!!

agreed, the weight reduction would be very interesting to be confirmed by an owner. it's the only stat that I care about in relation to the Veneno.

It is like the Sesto Elemento. It is such a difference in weight that it isn't even close to anything else I have driven other than the Sesto Elemento. But this has a V12 and I can drive it on the street!

Kris, your interview was top notch and you was very excited of getting the Veneno.

If you have an intention to visit Orlando area then do not hesitate to let me know it. We could have a cup of coffee together :icon_thumleft:

Enjoy it!

Thank You! I am sure I will be in Orlando. I have business there. I would love to get coffee sometime! :icon_thumleft:

Hey Kris,

I noticed you said you wont heavily track the car, which makes sense...but im curious...if you ever do decide to, do you get any factory support? for the price you paid for the car, im would hope that it at least came with some perks like that. did it at least come with free maintenance? LOL

does it have a nose lifter? im sure its going to hurt when u hit potholes

I will not track the Veneno. It would be amazing on the track and if they made 100 of them I would, but its too rare to risk throwing it into a wall.

Lamborghini gives great support to all owners of their cars. I have seen it many times.

No lift but no problem! I have never scraped a car. I have been driving it in South Beach and I have no problem avoiding the potholes. They are everywhere here. Many of the roads are under construction. Its all about the approach angle.

Let Ferrari and McLaren worry about lap times for cars that will never be on a race track. I'll be out having fun in my spaceship. :celb:

this is exactly why I love this forum/Lamborghini owners! To hell with the numbers, its all about the journey and fun! Congrats Kris, I cant imagine anyone who will enjoy the Veneno as much as you. Lamborghini is lucky to have you!

Does it count if it was delivered over two months ago and he hasn't even taken it out of the dealership yet? :rolleyes: #IDriveMine

People enjoy their cars in different ways, I try not to judge. It is fantastic that you drive yours and share so much of the experience with us. :icon_thumleft:

Cool! Thanks! I don't know how you found that, Tanner! I hope someone caught me last night. I went out with my neighbor and we did some nice highway driving. :icon_super:

Just searched most recent youtube videos with the name "veneno miami" or "lamborghini miami" and it came up. Unfortunately all that comes up now is Justin Beiber getting arrested for DUI in a Lamborghini :eusa_naughty:

this is exactly why I love this forum/Lamborghini owners! To hell with the numbers, its all about the journey and fun! Congrats Kris, I cant imagine anyone who will enjoy the Veneno as much as you. Lamborghini is lucky to have you!

Thanks Brother!

People enjoy their cars in different ways, I try not to judge. It is fantastic that you drive yours and share so much of the experience with us. :icon_thumleft:

But he said that he was going to drive it! He can enjoy it anyway he likes, and I hope he is having a great time knowing its in his garage like I do when I am not driving mine. The value will not be hurt by him driving it a little. Just like any other fan, I would like to see it out in the wild. It went to him, even though he is a dealer, because he said he was buying it for personal use and that he planned to enjoy it and drive it instead of just trying to flip it for a profit like many would assume. I hope he keeps his word. I want to see it on the road!

Um . . . WOW. :eek3dance:

Kris, thanks (I'm sure I speak for everyone on this insane forum) for sharing this whole experience so publicly!! This is the coolest shit I've seen all year, and though it's only January, I think I can say it's going to be case-closed the coolest thing in all of 2014!

Regarding the insane weight cut (from Aventador to Veneno), have the folks at Lamborghini told you how they achieved that? I.e., I know when the make, say, an SV version of the Murcie, or the SL version of the Gallardo, it seems like they shave every possible gnat's hair they possibly can while still keeping it street legal and are lucky if they're able to pare as much as 200 pounds off the original version. Did they use a different/lighter form of CF technology for the tub in the Veneno? Do different things with the chassis/engine components, etc?

Just genuinely curious (and psyched) about how they made it so damn light! (And perhaps we'll see those technologies/methods applied to future "more mundane" Lambo models.)

Enjoy it in the best of health!!!

CLASS. Act.

[side note: Maybe the guy with the red-accented Veneno in Long Island hasn't driven it yet because the weather here has blown chunks for the past few months. Snow storms on and off, blistering cold, more snow the other day, slush and ice all over the place . . . Blah. Maybe it will come out of hibernation in the spring.]