Lamborghini Veneno

DrVertigo

the weather has been pretty bad, freezing temps, rock salt all over the floor.....i dont blame the LI owner for not taking it out on the road.

we'll wait for the weather to get warmer to pass judgement. if he drives it to work, theres no better place to park your veneno than in your own showroom (when its not being used).

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um . . . WOW. :eek3dance:

Kris, thanks (I'm sure I speak for everyone on this insane forum) for sharing this whole experience so publicly!! This is the coolest shit I've seen all year, and though it's only January, I think I can say it's going to be case-closed the coolest thing in all of 2014!

Regarding the insane weight cut (from Aventador to Veneno), have the folks at Lamborghini told you how they achieved that? I.e., I know when the make, say, an SV version of the Murcie, or the SL version of the Gallardo, it seems like they shave every possible gnat's hair they possibly can while still keeping it street legal and are lucky if they're able to pare as much as 200 pounds off the original version. Did they use a different/lighter form of CF technology for the tub in the Veneno? Do different things with the chassis/engine components, etc?

Just genuinely curious (and psyched) about how they made it so damn light! (And perhaps we'll see those technologies/methods applied to future "more mundane" Lambo models.)

Enjoy it in the best of health!!!

CLASS. Act.

Thank you! The entire car is carbon fiber. They used many technologies, some invented in-house, to shave off an insane amount of weight. I don't know much more than that.

[side note: Maybe the guy with the red-accented Veneno in Long Island hasn't driven it yet because the weather here has blown chunks for the past few months. Snow storms on and off, blistering cold, more snow the other day, slush and ice all over the place . . . Blah. Maybe it will come out of hibernation in the spring.]

Maybe! I would have gotten out at least once in the past few months. Like I said, I just hope he drives it.

That is so awesome RB!

Congrats and enjoy. I can't wait to be at a car meet in the summer and someone bring up if anyone has ever heard of the Veneno and I'll be like "oh yeah, me and one of 3 guys in the world that owns one are awesome friends on a forum, it's almost like I partially own the car too we're so close. 'Brothers' doesn't do it justice".

LOL at the MT lunch comment.. If you see him turning green hit the eject button.

Will there be a MT article on this car?

Surprised Jay Leno has not called you ..hehe

As I said in many threads before the number one key is lightness, power to weight ratio, nobody needs thousands of HP, you only do when your car weighs more than Queen Mary 2, or you want to go fast in straight line which is fine if you are into that but for a proper enjoyable street car the lighter it is the better.

Under 3000 lbs over 750 HP it's pure insanity, I can't imagine how it feels, when you jump on the brakes you must feel like your eyeballs will hit the dashboard :icon_mrgreen:

As I said in many threads before the number one key is lightness, power to weight ratio, nobody needs thousands of HP, you only do when your car weighs more than Queen Mary 2, or you want to go fast in straight line which is fine if you are into that but for a proper enjoyable street car the lighter it is the better.

Under 3000 lbs over 750 HP it's pure insanity, I can't imagine how it feels, when you jump on the brakes you must feel like your eyeballs will hit the dashboard :icon_mrgreen:

Agree 100%, especially with AWD this car must be like riding an explosion from like 0-150mph.

I can't even imagine what a Hennessey Venom or the upcoming Koenigsegg One:1 (1400hp, 1400kg curb weight) would be like.

No lift but no problem! I have never scraped a car. I have been driving it in South Beach and I have no problem avoiding the potholes. They are everywhere here. Many of the roads are under construction. Its all about the approach angle.

What is this angle you speak of?? LOL. when you come out to LA we'll do a run.

I guess no lift is part of the weight reduction.

Amazing car and I love the noise it made in that video!!

I wouldn't bother weighing it either...It would be a success to some and a disappoint to others. I have some portable scales I'd let you borrow since I'm close by if you wanted to personally know but I if I were you, I'd just enjoy it as you mention.

You honestly have to look at it as a work of art. Its one of a kind design (3 of a kind I suppose). There will be a car that does something better down the road but that doesn't change the fact of its special feel and looks drawn up by LAMBORGHINI!!!

I hope to see you at an event sometime with it so I can see it in person.

Does Lambopower have a secret handshake so we can identify members? haha!

Not much of a secret but if someone shows up to a car show in Florida driving a Veneno, he's likely a member of Lambopower. :icon_mrgreen:

That is so awesome RB!

Congrats and enjoy. I can't wait to be at a car meet in the summer and someone bring up if anyone has ever heard of the Veneno and I'll be like "oh yeah, me and one of 3 guys in the world that owns one are awesome friends on a forum, it's almost like I partially own the car too we're so close. 'Brothers' doesn't do it justice".

Lol! Thank you!

LOL at the MT lunch comment.. If you see him turning green hit the eject button.

Will there be a MT article on this car?

Surprised Jay Leno has not called you ..hehe

I don't know what MT will want to do. I WILL NOT allow them to drive or test the car in any way. If they want to do story, I'm in. But I will not allow any testing.

Absolutely! Low weight with 4WD and SCT is where it's at!

I'll show you. Most rubs can be avoided by how you roll over them.

I guess no lift is part of the weight reduction.

Yep! And I am all about it!

Amazing car and I love the noise it made in that video!!

I wouldn't bother weighing it either...It would be a success to some and a disappoint to others. I have some portable scales I'd let you borrow since I'm close by if you wanted to personally know but I if I were you, I'd just enjoy it as you mention.

You honestly have to look at it as a work of art. Its one of a kind design (3 of a kind I suppose). There will be a car that does something better down the road but that doesn't change the fact of its special feel and looks drawn up by LAMBORGHINI!!!

I hope to see you at an event sometime with it so I can see it in person.

Thank you! I'll see you around, I'm sure. I appreciate the offer but I have no interest in knowing the exact weight. It is very, very light. It drives similar to the Sesto Elemento. It feels that light.

Kris, I realize you were originally drawn to the J, so I was wondering about your thoughts on the Veneno Roadster. I am not a fan of convertibles or roadsters in general (subtracting lines rarely makes a car better looking, structural issues, etc.). This car seems so much better with a roof. First off, who the hell builds a spaceship without a full cockpit? I would want to be completely encapsulated by it to fully appreciate everything it had to offer. The Veneno has an other worldly aura about it. Losing the top just seems to subtract from that. The Roadster is still amazing, it just seems a lot more approachable and less intimidating...probably the only car where that's not a desirable trait.

Ive been checking exotic spotter and havent seen anything on this car. That surprises me.

and now the BIG question:

Did lamborghini sent you a replica model of the car? like they do with the 2014 aventador?

if not, you could send an e mail asking why they are threating Veneno owner as B series buyer? LOL :P

Thank you, Sir Ferrari! I wouldn't expect you to like it! Someone asked the restaurant last night asked the valet to tow the 458 out of the way (valet had it parked in front of me). The valet said, "its just protecting the front end of the Veneno. 458's are a dime a dozen here. No one cares about them." lol. That is actually a true story.

Don't take that as me being upset that you don't like the looks. It was a funny story and yours was the perfect comment to respond and share it. If everyone liked how it looks that would mean that it isn't extreme enough. :icon_thumleft:

Ha ha. That's funny!

I see the Veneno more as a concept car which you and two other wealthy people on this world were able to purchase it. It's a nice car and I like more and more since I have seen it first! But the other cars which you own (Ferrari FF, Lamborghini Aventador, Lamborghini LP 670-4 Superveloce etc.) completely meet my taste! The most important thing is that you like this car and not care what other people say!

PS: I am feeling honored to talk (better: write) with you! With on of the three Veneno owners!

But he said that he was going to drive it! He can enjoy it anyway he likes, and I hope he is having a great time knowing its in his garage like I do when I am not driving mine. The value will not be hurt by him driving it a little. Just like any other fan, I would like to see it out in the wild. It went to him, even though he is a dealer, because he said he was buying it for personal use and that he planned to enjoy it and drive it instead of just trying to flip it for a profit like many would assume. I hope he keeps his word. I want to see it on the road!

Window sticker on it... :eusa_think:

1535664_10202469618315665_98296287_n.jpg

1535664_10202469618315665_98296287_n.jpg

I say Kris buys this one and waits till the 3rd one is totaled lol. Which would mean he would own the only 2 Venenos in the world..lol

I saw the Delivery video by Dupon registry. :eek3dance:

Kris, you know i'm a 1000000% Lambo lover even if i'm not an owner. The video i saw, the picture you shared the way you act with other people can only make me love more Lamborghini and its world.

I'm not saying that because you're the Veneno owner, all i say is for you and for all the other lambo lovers like you that can share their passion.

I thank you so much because it's thanks to people like you if today i'm a big lamborghini lovers and if i had so much good experiences with this factory.

I'm not talking about how faster is a car or how good is a car instead of another and other things that , because every car and every car factory on earth has those things, i'm talking about pure passion and real good feelings. I'm here in Milan, a lot of km away from there and i feel so happy for the event even if the car was mine. This is a way to give to people the opportunity to enjoy your own passion. Congrats!

I saw the Delivery video by Dupon registry. :eek3dance:

Kris, you know i'm a 1000000% Lambo lover even if i'm not an owner. The video i saw, the picture you shared the way you act with other people can only make me love more Lamborghini and its world.

I'm not saying that because you're the Veneno owner, all i say is for you and for all the other lambo lovers like you that can share their passion.

I thank you so much because it's thanks to people like you if today i'm a big lamborghini lovers and if i had so much good experiences with this factory.

I'm not talking about how faster is a car or how good is a car instead of another and other things that , because every car and every car factory on earth has those things, i'm talking about pure passion and real good feelings. I'm here in Milan, a lot of km away from there and i feel so happy for the event even if the car was mine. This is a way to give to people the opportunity to enjoy your own passion. Congrats!

Well said and I totally agree! I will add that in all the time I have spent on all the forums I am on (LP, Lambo-Talk, Fchat, 6speedonline etc.) I have never come across a person more gracious and generous with his time in sharing his passion and his cars as Kris! Not even close! Lambo is lucky to have such a cool brand ambassador!

If it's actually for sale I'd be a little surprised by Lambo. Specifically choosing the buyers and then allowing one of them to flip it as soon as its delivered.