RIP LamboGator :(

Chipster

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Allan had a nice photo on his FB wall for michael. I shared to pay respects.

We lost a good guy...so sad. Never met him in person, but he was a funny dude on here.

LP Mods,

What do you guys think about extending a lifetime honorary membership to the guys that have passed away? I just lost a good friend on another forum and they have a sticky thread where they list the link to the memorial threads on all members who have passed away. They also change their avatar photo to this:

post-24965-1366202958.jpg

Just something a little special to let you know when you are reading an old thread they posted in that the member is no longer around.

I think this is an AWESOME idea. Great way for these fans to keep on "motoring."

Thanks Hannibal for the suggestion!

LP Mods,

What do you guys think about extending a lifetime honorary membership to the guys that have passed away? I just lost a good friend on another forum and they have a sticky thread where they list the link to the memorial threads on all members who have passed away. They also change their avatar photo to this:

Just something a little special to let you know when you are reading an old thread they posted in that the member is no longer around.

Great idea. Sorry for getting off topic in this thread, please delete if this comment does not seem in place.

RIP...at least he went fast, like I want to go..sad to see on the same day as his father....poor family..

does anyone know if there is a charity or something the family would like donations in Mikes name made to? I know i would like to do something, i considered him a good friend and great customer.

David, the info from his sister requested no flowers. They did not list any charity or donation info. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

David, the info from his sister requested no flowers. They did not list any charity or donation info. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Please let me know also.

Please let me know also.

:iamwithstupid:

This sucks! I did not know Michael either but enjoyed his interaction here. You will be missed! Godspeed to you and your father. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Such sad, sad news...

There is a tribute being planned for those in the area (details copied & posted below from LT.com courtesy of Leadfoot)

RIP Michael

What : A get-together planned by a few of the car guys for those who knew Mikey V who passed away on April 14th due to a stroke. This will be following the Cars, Cars & Cars event (https://www.facebook.com/events/2152...86017/?fref=ts) which ends at 11:00... those who knew Mike are welcome to attend and invite others who knew him as well.

***This event is dependent on weather - rain = no event***

When : May 4th, 2013 @ 11:30 following the Cars, Cars & Cars event.

Where : Hunter's Inn (10123 River Road Potomac, MD 20854)

Time : 11:30am - 1:00pm

Parking : Parking is along the front and rear of the establishment and should be ok for exotics, etc.

Cost : Everyone covers the cost of their own drinks / food.

Seating : Seating will hopefully be outside along the patio weather permitting. Once we have a firm number, I'll contact for reservations.

Dress code : Chris Cowan mentioned it would be a cool idea if everyone wore black in honor of Mikey's Lambo. Robert Perez will be taking a photograph of everyone and asking those who attended to sign the framed picture that we will give to his family letting them know how much Mikey was loved in the car community.

Decals: Julie is getting these made thru her audi contacts, she has been amazing in volunteering to do so much in Mike's honor... details to follow.

Any questions, please private message me on Facebook.(https://www.facebook.com/heather.miracle)

I remember seeing my friend's update on FB that day, I thought it is either a joke or I mis-read it. About 5 minutes later, I saw her sister's email. I was in shock. I can't forget that moment. What a great guy we lost. Michael was a great friend and a true car enthusiast. We shared many local events, drives, lunches and dinners. Sometimes I would look at the list of attendees to the local events/get-togethers and when I saw Michael's name, I knew it was going to be a great event.

We miss you Michael. Rest in peace.