Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/03...ansmission.html

"Badgered about the lack of a manual by journalists during a tech session on the new Huracán at the automaker’s headquarters in Sant’#### Bolognese last week, chief engineer Maurizio Reggiani brought up the fact that just five percent of Gallardo orders were for a manual. Mid-sentence, he was interrupted by company CEO Stephan Winkelmann who commented that the 5 percent statistic was ancient.

“Close to zero percent Gallardos were ordered in manual,” he said.

In fact, orders for a manual transmission were so few and far between admits Winkelman that every time one came in they had to go back and re-check the order form, confirming with the dealership that a mistake hadn’t been made."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Badgered about the lack of a manual by journalists during a tech session on the new Huracán at the automaker's headquarters in Sant'#### Bolognese last week, chief engineer Maurizio Reggiani brought up the fact that just five percent of Gallardo orders were for a manual. Mid-sentence, he was interrupted by company CEO Stephan Winkelmann who commented that the 5 percent statistic was ancient.

"Close to zero percent Gallardos were ordered in manual," he said.

In fact, orders for a manual transmission were so few and far between admits Winkelman that every time one came in they had to go back and re-check the order form, confirming with the dealership that a mistake hadn't been made."

There is a reason why we don't use steam engines anymore it's called evolution.

Lambo was available with a manual transmission until late last year and nobody ordered one why would they keep making them?

Am i wrong or there was a new saying that after the Aventador, all the Lambo are going to be with Aumatic gears? If i'm not wrong the news went out a couple of years ago and the reaso is the high technology of the cars. Sorry if i wrote something stupid but i remember something like that.

I think the new Plastic mess-06 8 speed transmission is supposed to be almost as fast as a dct. Will not be surprised if they get replaced with autos. Manual may be ancient but when it's the right time it's alot more fun. Just sucks in traffic or when your tired though.

Anyway i don't like much the rear and i made 2 photoshop starting from a KLDConcept's picture. I posted them in the section Photoshop │ Photo Editing │ Photography of this forum, HERE THE LINK.

What do you think about the rear original bumper?

post-12198-1394280750.png

post-12198-1394280767.png

I wonder how it would look with the lower front bar blade in carbon.

Not exactly as requested but you get the idea. :icon_mrgreen:

DSC01034.JPG

"Badgered about the lack of a manual by journalists during a tech session on the new Huracán at the automaker’s headquarters in Sant’#### Bolognese last week, chief engineer Maurizio Reggiani brought up the fact that just five percent of Gallardo orders were for a manual. Mid-sentence, he was interrupted by company CEO Stephan Winkelmann who commented that the 5 percent statistic was ancient.

“Close to zero percent Gallardos were ordered in manual,” he said.

In fact, orders for a manual transmission were so few and far between admits Winkelman that every time one came in they had to go back and re-check the order form, confirming with the dealership that a mistake hadn’t been made."

Exactly. And you know who complained about a lack of manual? Journalists and enthusiasts, neither of whom can afford one of these cars.

That being said, there are plenty of enthusiasts who cut checks, that's different than the teenager decrying the death of a manual transmission while making $7.50 an hour at the local shoe shop. Lamborghini knows its clients, and whom is footing the bill.

:icon_thumleft: Dario thank you for your effort that looks very good!

It's not an effort, i do it with pleasure! That's what i love :D Thank you a lot.

i Absolutly love this video.

In my life i need to meet Filippo Perini and Luc donckerwolke.

Exactly. And you know who complained about a lack of manual? Journalists and enthusiasts, neither of whom can afford one of these cars.

That being said, there are plenty of enthusiasts who cut checks, that's different than the teenager decrying the death of a manual transmission while making $7.50 an hour at the local shoe shop. Lamborghini knows its clients, and whom is footing the bill.

I guess its fair you can generalise like that given the sales/order statistics. But there are some of us who after finally working hard enough to get the cash, actually put our money where our mouth was; and buy our dream MANUAL Lambo. I'm very grateful an old guy was also an enthusiast and ordered a manual, and safeguarded it till I could afford it :D

• 4 months later...
Red Countach!

Its a replica and you know it :turboalex:

I am really really REALLY digging those wheels!

I agree. They look really good.