Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sneak-a-p...link=MW_popular

Guess we will see it soon. Sounds like the same engine just the DCT tranny from the R8. If that is the case I would guess the car will hit 0 to 60 in 2.9 and the quarter mile around 10.9 since the R8 is 3.2 and 11.3 and it is detuned a bit.

Which is about the same as the Aventador...

Same exact 'greenhouse' and very similar overall stance. Not very divergent from the original car. Doesn't thrill me, if it's like that orange drawing.

Which is about the same as the Aventador...

+1

Which is not likely.

+1

Which is not likely.

Why not? the original Gallardo was nearly as quick as the Murcielago and the LP560 was just as quick as the LP640.

Not the Gallardo Successor's photo I think..

Just thought that Gallardo's Successor's test mule has a plan to late summer/early fall.

It's too early to see that photos.

Maybe It can be a celebration concept model that looking like a 'future Gallardo'.

Why not? the original Gallardo was nearly as quick as the Murcielago and the LP560 was just as quick as the LP640.

Well, at least 0-60 was not on par as I remember.

Well, at least 0-60 was not on par as I remember.

My 06 6 speed Gallardo SE was just as fast if not faster than any Murci I raced, even Ajglobals 07 Gallardo Spyder was pretty much dead even with Azexoticlovers 04 Murci..

If my memory serves me correctly the Murcie roadster came out two years after the Murcie launch, then the Gallardo was released shortly after that.

It certainly fits that pattern as roadster just launched two years after the Aventador release.

I am bored on my phone waiting for an appointment but could someone check the dates to ensure I am not talking nonsense.

If my memory serves me correctly the Murcie roadster came out two years after the Murcie launch, then the Gallardo was released shortly after that.

It certainly fits that pattern as roadster just launched two years after the Aventador release.

I am bored on my phone waiting for an appointment but could someone check the dates to ensure I am not talking nonsense.

Murcielago was shown in 2001

Gallardo was shown in Geneva in 2003

Murcie Roadster was shown in Geneva in 2004

Gallardo SE was shown in 2005

Gallardo Spyder was shown in Frankfurt in 2005

the mule is the new Gallardo replacement. The body shape is heavily concealed on the side and on the front: the real one has more edge design like the LP700, that is the best supercar shape today, imho.

As i told, i saw new Gallardo replacement pieces on spraying at the beginning of march: will be a great car for sure, with the seven speed double clutch transmission (DSG)

I hope to see the car at Frankfurt car show in september, i'm not sure, but i'm sure it will be showed no more later than march 2014 at Geneva car show

ciao

If this is another "limited edition" Gallardo I will give up!

No way could it be, they would not go to the trouble of disguising a Gallardo to do a limited edition when the limited editions that they have launched have been wheels and stripes along with a disconnecting the front drivetrain

My dealer says they get there last LP550 delivered in September so the new car should be out just after that!

That's a good point, I need a new car for my new house so Lambo better deliver :icon_mrgreen:

deliveries of the new G will not start until next year for sure, so you probably will see the car this year but you will drive it next year.

Congrats for the new car!

ciao

Evo magazine reporting no carbon tub as sharing with the R8 and potentially the mid engines Porsche.

Alu with carbon fibre re-enforced panels with the V10 we know and a seven speed dual clutch

They show a rendering by jan kamenstiak which looks like an aventador front end on a g body.

Only good news is chassis tweaking by Loris Biocchi.

Nothing to grab you by the scruff of the neck IMO

I know this is conjecture so here is my thoughts on this. Feel free to shoot me down but...

Now to me, if you invest in a carbon centre you will want some money back from those autoclaves. If you are going to do the Gallardo redressed in Carbon and call it a Sesto you are putting out your market stall.

Saying we can make lightweigfht compact supersport cars. Sure the Aventador has the carbon tub but what with the 12C being carbon tubbed, the Ferrari 458 replacement more than likely carbon tubbed the G replacement could well be even more of a technological dinosaur just 4 years into its development cycle and remind me how long are Lambo's product cycles again?

Which will tie into the Urus release.

It is has been mentioned quite a few times that the Cayenne paid for quite a lump of the Porsche GT models development but are Lambo really going to be shifting Cayenne volumes? Is that not going to cheapen the brand? Plus it is going to be platform sharing with the Bentley 4x4.

I know I am sounding really negative and some of you will say I am not in a position to be negative, fine fair enough but to me, it looks like Audi or VAG do not want to unleash the potential of Lambo. Why is that?

Evo magazine reporting no carbon tub as sharing with the R8 and potentially the mid engines Porsche.

Alu with carbon fibre re-enforced panels with the V10 we know and a seven speed dual clutch

They show a rendering by jan kamenstiak which looks like an aventador front end on a g body.

Only good news is chassis tweaking by Loris Biocchi.

Nothing to grab you by the scruff of the neck IMO

I know this is conjecture so here is my thoughts on this. Feel free to shoot me down but...

Now to me, if you invest in a carbon centre you will want some money back from those autoclaves. If you are going to do the Gallardo redressed in Carbon and call it a Sesto you are putting out your market stall.

Saying we can make lightweigfht compact supersport cars. Sure the Aventador has the carbon tub but what with the 12C being carbon tubbed, the Ferrari 458 replacement more than likely carbon tubbed the G replacement could well be even more of a technological dinosaur just 4 years into its development cycle and remind me how long are Lambo's product cycles again?

Which will tie into the Urus release.

It is has been mentioned quite a few times that the Cayenne paid for quite a lump of the Porsche GT models development but are Lambo really going to be shifting Cayenne volumes? Is that not going to cheapen the brand? Plus it is going to be platform sharing with the Bentley 4x4.

I know I am sounding really negative and some of you will say I am not in a position to be negative, fine fair enough but to me, it looks like Audi or VAG do not want to unleash the potential of Lambo. Why is that?

To your point:

Is that not going to cheapen the brand?

I think not. You look at how much Porsche has been able to do thanks to the cash-cow SUV. If Lamborghini got even a sliver of that, we might not have to wait ten years per product cycle and not be 'out-dated' at its premier. They'll be able to move the volume (for Lamborghini) because i believe they are producing them on the same line as the Audi SUV's. I thought i saw that around here.

To your point:

I think not. You look at how much Porsche has been able to do thanks to the cash-cow SUV. If Lamborghini got even a sliver of that, we might not have to wait ten years per product cycle and not be 'out-dated' at its premier. They'll be able to move the volume (for Lamborghini) because i believe they are producing them on the same line as the Audi SUV's. I thought i saw that around here.

When the Cayenne came out the premium 4x4 market was limited, it afforded Porsche the ability to move into the marketplace and made gains.

That market is different now so lambo are up against its brothers due to VAG dominance (still makes me laugh) to claw in a profit.

Lambo have gone from a differently designed manufacturer, alternative, wow factor, now they are hamstrung by platform sharing which will always limit their product cycles.

Basically, as an enthusiast I am happy they are diverging but sceptical of the plans.

Given that you know very little about the new car there is no basis for you to make the assumption that this car will not perform to "required" standards, just because the car has a hybrid of alloy and carbon monocoque and not a full carbon tub assuming that it will somewhat be inferior and it will devalue the brand is very premature.

What's under the skin and how it's built matters the most to engineers, geeks and score keepers but matters very little to majority of the buying customer; performance, looks, sound, emotion matter to everyone and not always in the exact order.

Every "expert" on the net was up in arms about the Aventador's lack of DCT and direct injection, suspension issues, etc and now you have to wait 2 years to get one and years later people still pay over RRP in order to get their paws on one, the damn thing is slower than cars half its price and still outsells them.

The autoclaves are VERY busy with the Aventador, in actual fact they don't have enough of them in order to keep up with the required Aventador production. They can not possibly spend the amount of time and effort they spend on the Aventador on the entry level without going backwards financially, you can not have the same amount of man hours, factory floor space, utilize similar components and sell the item for half price, it makes no sense, there has to be a compromise somewhere and in this instance is platform sharing, in the end who cares? I know some people won't be ale to get over their own vanity but most will appreciate the car for what it is.

If they get the design right this car will be a massive hit; in my personal opinion because I never set on the VAG board, they don't expect Lamborghini to bring a huge amount of cash in, it's a boutique brand and they want to keep it that way, I would keep that way, there are other cash cows which provide lots of milk with a lot less effort.

It's all about business and business common sense dictates the above, I don't expect VAG to spend big because the returns will never be there, not at the volume they are accustomed to anyway.

I am very happy Lambo is a boutique brand and I hope it stays this way forever.

For sure, V10 with New Audi R8 V10 Plus's 7-Speed Dual Clutch,

Maybe later the V8 TT will be released. DW - 1,450~1,480kg.

0-62mph: 3.2sec.

The Name will be a 'Huracan LP630'.

And the Frankfurt rumor - For my opinion - It's kind of another celebration model for 50th Anniversary of Sant'######.