Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

I love the speculation about a car we know nothing about at the present. Fact is, all new sports cars are too fast for 99% of the drivers and are potential death traps. Quite frankly , to me, the performance figures really don't matter that much anymore. If i want o go really fast, i have race cars i take to the track and they are faster than anything one drives on the street. So, any new car purchase is going to be based on emotion and how much that car talks to me visually.

Preach on brotha! Well said.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

races... :)

but the MP4 isn't supposed to be an Avendator competitor... the Aventador is ~$200k more... the MP4 is an over achiever performance wise which makes many compare it to the next level car, the Aventador, since it clearly blows the aging Gallardo away...

compare a 1 year old MP4 to a 1 year old LP570, both take a similar hit in value.... you can get both for around $200k....

The Aventador is king in my mind and the car to have, no question about it.... it's my next car, just have to get over putting that much cash into a single car... :)

Losing what exactly? :eusa_think:

The Aventador is still on back order and selling above sticker in its third model year. The amazing MP4 is selling 20-50k under sticker and selling one is hard since there are so many on the market. The single clutch isn't hurting the Aventador's sales. All the owners that have the software update love it!

To be clear, I do think the MP4 is an amazing car and the DCT fits the cars personality well. I am highly considering getting a spider if they drop like the coupes. It is a great car and an amazing buy at where they're trading.

Not really a fair comparison, the 570 is a 10 year old platform, MP4 is new, MP4 takes massive hits because of its looks.

McLaren underestimated the vanity of the people who can afford these cars :icon_mrgreen: Enthusiasts and car nuts like us who spend half their free time visiting car forums don't always have the money to buy.

The MP4 is a very impressive car, it has the right ingredients and it should be doing extremely well in terms of sales and resale but it doesn't because it doesn't look exotic.

It looks like an 80's Lotus, nice but dated, yes there are some nice elements about it but overall a big disappointment.

I followed their website from day one with so much excitement, I've red every bit of tech, very excited when I heard we will get it here but when I saw the final design my reaction was, WTF? WHY? all that juicy stuff and you've decided to wrap it in this?? :eusa_wall:

I was very disappointed because I was in line to buy one.

At the end of the day if I want something dull which goes very fast I'd save some money and buy a Porsche, I want an exotic to look exotic.

McLaren failed, its an overpriced Porsche trying to compete in the exotic world, it's not happening.

Ferrari has their following and they can sell anything they put their badge on, waiting lists, good resale, look at the 458, MP4 much better car, faster etc. nobody cares, most buy a Ferrari over it and it shows in resale, 458's are very strong on the secondary market, when people are willing to pay more for a 3 year old car with miles than a almost no mile new car which is faster,has more tech etc you know you have a problem.

Lamborghini with their outrageous design, tech oh well WHO CARES ? :icon_mrgreen: noisy, in your face, Ferrari's underdog, whomever hates Ferrari buys a Lambo, Lambo still sells the Gallardo which is 10 years old now, stickers, different wheels, bumper bars, paint schemes, etc but they still sell the damn thing, it sells because it's a Lamborghini and in spite of the fact that the design is 10 years old it still looks fresh and better than anything on offer at the moment.

If they get the Cabrera looking right it will be a huge hit, in terms of tech I am sure it will be right, V10 with DCT (sorry RB :icon_mrgreen: ) perhaps around 600 HP that's enough the tech will be fine, maybe not as fast as others but who cares?

GTR's are equally fast or faster than some exotics out there but nobody drops their exotic for one, they buy it in addition, GTR also suffers because of the way it looks, can you imagine that car looking very exotic in that price bracket? It would be even a greater hit than it already is.

McLaren left out of the mix the most important ingredient and they are paying the price!

My MP4 has been very well received in my area, and many people go nuts over it. It creates a scene everywhere I go, and people love the insane paint color and the cool doors. I also like the fact that people dont always know what it is. I disagree that it doesnt look good or that its not exotic looking. When mixed with lots of cool cars, including Gallardos, Murcis, 458s, Carerra Gts etc, people gravitate towards it more. I do think it is a better car for the multi exotic owner. Most exotic owners have 1 exotic car, and they wont choose the Mp4 over everything else for their only fun car.

The Aventador has been a runaway success and so will the Gallardo replacement. They are keeping it NA, and I am a fan of that for Lambos. I think it would be cool for them to offer a DCT as standard, and an ISR as an option. I would probably go with DCT in the Gallardo replacement, but I do like the ISR in the Aventador. I have to admit, I am glad they didnt put a DCT in the Aventador, even though I originally wanted them to.

The Aventador has been a runaway success and so will the Gallardo replacement. They are keeping it NA, and I am a fan of that for Lambos. I think it would be cool for them to offer a DCT as standard, and an ISR as an option. I would probably go with DCT in the Gallardo replacement, but I do like the ISR in the Aventador. I have to admit, I am glad they didnt put a DCT in the Aventador, even though I originally wanted them to.

Looks are subjective and in the case of your car that color is the best color I've seen on a car full stop, paint a letterbox in that color and I will think it's the best looking letterbox I've ever seen :icon_mrgreen:

Your last paragraph was probably the best and most succinct description I've red anywhere on the net and it carries a lot of weight for me because of who wrote it and the experience you had with the cars you are talking about. :icon_thumleft:

Filippo Perini has hit the target everytime since many years, so I think the new Gallardo (Uracan or Cabrera, i do not know which of the two names) will have a very agressive and good lookink shape, 100% in line with Lambo enthusiasts expectations.

I saw some pieces of the new car and i liked them: of course you have to wait so see them all togheter, but i'm sure it will look great.

The G today has just two "problems": an old shape and an old gearbox. The new one will fix those two "problems" so i think it willl be great.

I have to say that one year ago i would have bet my money on a twin turbo V8 for the new G, but it looks instead there will be the NA V10 again with some more extra hp.

I have to say that a 5.2 liter V10 with 600+ HP has "enough" low end power and big mid RPM thrust so maybe it's still the best choice for a supercar due to its wonderful voice, but i really thought they wanted the TT V8 to meet the CO2 emission reduction purpose. Who knows: let's see what will come out.

ciao

Albert what parts did you see, throw us a bone here :icon_mrgreen:

i will tell you in person when we will meet here, maybe in Bologna saturday morning: what car will you drive or be into? how can i recognize you? please send me a PM and tell me how to recognize your car: i don't want to throw stones to the wrong one... :)

If you (and other friends) are in Bologna saturday morning and you have half an hour of time i will show you what you never would imagine be existing in the center of Bologna, very close where you will park the car at the arrival in Bologna.

ciao

Hi, My name is Dominic Kim from Korea, Republic of.

Actually, this was what I wrote at the other forum. I never imagined that someone take my news.. :)

I'm in the position that can hear many accurate news from Lamborghini. I hope my activities can help you guys.

For now, acutally Lamborghini S.p.A. announced that there'll be no more manual gear, but I heard that there will be some 'Speciale' for #NOVA or Superleggera Edizione Tecnica.

When we thinking about ISR, it's simple. Now the ISR has the fastest transgear time at Single Clutch world. If New Gallardo get that, I'm sure the New Gallardo will be more faster than Aventador! Have to consider about relationship.

Anyway, As a new member, I'll give you some sweets as I get. :)

i will tell you in person when we will meet here, maybe in Bologna saturday morning: what car will you drive or be into? how can i recognize you? please send me a PM and tell me how to recognize your car: i don't want to throw stones to the wrong one... :)

If you (and other friends) are in Bologna saturday morning and you have half an hour of time i will show you what you never would imagine be existing in the center of Bologna, very close where you will park the car at the arrival in Bologna.

ciao

I can't wait to get there, I will be in a white LP 560-4 French registered I will PM you the registration number and my phone number in Italy.

Hi, My name is Dominic Kim from Korea, Republic of.

Actually, this was what I wrote at the other forum. I never imagined that someone take my news.. :)

I'm in the position that can hear many accurate news from Lamborghini. I hope my activities can help you guys.

For now, acutally Lamborghini S.p.A. announced that there'll be no more manual gear, but I heard that there will be some 'Speciale' for #NOVA or Superleggera Edizione Tecnica.

When we thinking about ISR, it's simple. Now the ISR has the fastest transgear time at Single Clutch world. If New Gallardo get that, I'm sure the New Gallardo will be more faster than Aventador! Have to consider about relationship.

Anyway, As a new member, I'll give you some sweets as I get. :)

Hi Dominic, you welcome!

This is increbible, but this is Internet: you can learn a lot of things about what's happenning around your home from somebody living on the other side of the world. Really incredible.

ciao

• 1 month later...

Love the yellow sketch...no feeling the other renderings. The rear 3/4 isn't quite right. We will see!!!!!!!!

Car needs to be faster than mp4 and new 991 TT. With 600hp and current weight I don't think that will cut it.

:iamwithstupid:

After being in the MP4 a few times, they really need to make it more competitive. I'm sure it will look phenomenal though.

After being in the MP4 a few times, they really need to make it more competitive. I'm sure it will look phenomenal though.

I think the DCT will also slow down the progress off tt systems for the car.

Car needs to be faster than mp4 and new 991 TT. With 600hp and current weight I don't think that will cut it.

With the Gallardo being the bread winner for the brand they aren't about to release an inferior product. That said, I don't think the McLaren is a threat in any way. The 10 year old Gallardo still outsells the Mac. The people have spoken. As amazing as the MP4 is, they had to deeply discount that car in year one to move them and it hasn't gained any traction in year two. The theory is proven in McLaren's difficutly breaking into the market with the MP4: Style and feel are more important than lap times. They're all fast enough for the public roads which is usually the only roads these cars see (speaking generally about most super cars of all brands).

Lamborghini needs the G replacement to look better and outperform the 458. Ferrari is their only real competition. I am confident that they will deliver. We will see!

With the Gallardo being the bread winner for the brand they aren't about to release an inferior product. That said, I don't think the McLaren is a threat in any way. The 10 year old Gallardo still outsells the Mac. The people have spoken. As amazing as the MP4 is, they had to deeply discount that car in year one to move them and it hasn't gained any traction in year two. The theory is proven in McLaren's difficutly breaking into the market with the MP4: Style and feel are more important than lap times. They're all fast enough for the public roads which is usually the only roads these cars see (speaking generally about most super cars of all brands).

Lamborghini needs the G replacement to look better and outperforms the 458. Ferrari is their only real competition. I am confident that they will deliver. We will see!

Bingo!

Hindsight is always 20/20, but it appears that Lamborghini may have put themselves in between a rock and a hard place. The flagship car has 700HP and the tier-2 car will be pushing 600. So you can't have it be faster than the flagship, and since they won't go FI or performance hybrid, they are in a tight spot.

I think it's along the lines of the Lamborghini going the "light-weight" route because they don't want to compete in the horsepower way anymore.

Time will tell how the new Gallardo fares.

Agree with RB. The vast majority of buyers want extreme looks and fantastic performance, however being the quickest 0-60 or 1/4 now doesn't carry nearly the weight it did 10 years ago. Countless vehicles are on the bleeding edge of the performance envelope including tank-like Bentleys, bargain bin Corvettes, and everything in-between. Few buyers care about the difference in the real world between cars running 3.1 vs. 3.9 to 60. Lamborghini is going to kill it with the Gallardo and I will buy one sight unseen. The Aventador and Roadster were out of this world.

Also agree on the MP4. The guts and tech were a homerun but they missed on styling and that cost them dearly. The market has spoken and it's never wrong.

560 was as fast as a 640 except at very high speed, by the time the G replacement arrives it won't be that long before an Aventador facelift they can bump power etc in. if they stick to the 3/4 year cycle that is.

I would expect the new G to be pretty much on par with Aventador, Aventador will have the headlines but in reality the new car has to pretty much equal it to be competitive.

Lamborghini needs the G replacement to look better and outperforms the 458. Ferrari is their only real competition. I am confident that they will deliver. We will see!

McLaren really screwed themselves on the selling part of it, (ie... Having to discount them/holding the value) and I totally agree that the Gallardo replacement will outsell the MP4, as the Lambo brand name is huge and hard to compete with. IMO, Im sure it will be better looking..... just saying that the MP4 is one hell of a fast car and I would like to see it just as fast or faster, not too mention beat the crap out of the 458. :icon_thumleft: