Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAY WHATTTTTTT

It is what it is I'm afraid :(

Looking at something else fun for the summer, since I am bored of my R8.. Wish I had the cash for an Avent but, oh well..

Well I finally saw the car. Very impressive.

Interior is nicely laid out, although the corsa dash setup didn't activate. Tech guy said it was a software glitch due to being

a preproduction model.

The price drive away in Australia is $465k.

std spec had front lift, heated electric seats and Nav.

Overall its going to kill the competition.

I'm out on the tip of cape cod so two hour ride to boston, also out here there really no crime? Never locked or had to put the top on the lp640 or any of any of the cars. I really can't wait to see this car!

Can't wait to see it myself, we must be the last people on the planet to see it LOL

You are going to love it. Without doubt its the best car in its segment.

0-100 in 3.2

0-200 in 9.9 ( I was told that is the same as the Mac )

You are going to love it. Without doubt its the best car in its segment.

0-100 in 3.2

0-200 in 9.9 ( I was told that is the same as the Mac )

Not even close, the Mp4 does 0 to 200 kph in 8.8. I think the Huracan will be faster than 9.9.

Whatever it works out to be I am sure it will be plenty fast for me, my 570 was enough, the only thing I am concerned with is Lambo dialing out the "crazy", I hope the car didn't lose its aggressive streak.

Lucky at the moment I am out of garage space :icon_mrgreen:

Whatever it works out to be I am sure it will be plenty fast for me, my 570 was enough, the only thing I am concerned with is Lambo dialing out the "crazy", I hope the car didn't lose its aggressive streak.

Lucky at the moment I am out of garage space :icon_mrgreen:

Co-sign. Also out of garage space.

I'm heading to the Miami unveiling tomorrow (Feb 9) @ noon.

Anyone else?

I went yesterday. It was great. The Huracan is much better in person than in photos. A bright color or black for me. My son loved it!!! He wants it in Green! :icon_super:

I hope you have a great time!!

just priced mine out

i think for the price i think i can get a used avent for close the the huracan price next fall before i could get my huracan.

now dont know what to do

Not even close, the Mp4 does 0 to 200 kph in 8.8. I think the Huracan will be faster than 9.9.

458 Speciale

0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3,0 sec

0-200 km/h (0-124 mph) 9,1 sec

MP4

0 - 100 kph, 3.0 s. 0 - 180 kph, 7.4 s. 0 - 200 kph, 8.8 s

Huracan

0-100 3.2 0-200 9.9

Quoting

http://fastestlaps.com/articles/lamborghin...e_on_paper.html

It is not very impressive for a modern supercar given that it's 2014/15 brand new... I still don't get MP4's figure...

it is just a UFO...

Lamborghini press release states 3.2 second 0-100 and 9.9 0-200 kph times. The former is rather less impressive, but the latter actually does reflect the great power to weight ratio that this car possesses. For comparison, latest generation Nissan GT-R does 200 in 10.6.

What I expected most from the new "compact Lambo" was world beating track performance. Huracan has the same recipe of a Nissan GT-R, plus a much bigger budget for the actual ingredients. So I can't help but wonder, why would it not be decisively faster than the GT-R in every possible track test?

First test drives are scheduled for January and in a coupe of months we will find out if the Huracan is indeed a new benchmark in street car track performance, or it is just another "luxury sports car" with no real excuse for being slower than a Nissan GT-R.

I did expected more... but that' just me. The press will test Huracan head to head and it is an inevitable fact.

While many say it doesn't matter as we won't drive that fast, the facts will unfold itself and they will all see if all the technology and jargons will walk the walk and talk the talk. It does matter to the brand and marketing.

Like Aston, many can say the recent PEDALs issue doesn't matter and the speed doesn't matter, it's all about the look but at the end of the day, it is quite personal though. Guess not many care is the truth. Drive the Badge and look.

Brother just ordered his last night after the viewing.

Metallic black

Red Callipers

Red stiching on black leather

Option Wheels

Style kit and sports exhaust

Glass engine cover

Jan / Feb 2015 build.

I am trying to convince him to go Balloon white and Verdi Ithica callipers. he jas until August to change the specs

458 Speciale

0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3,0 sec

0-200 km/h (0-124 mph) 9,1 sec

MP4

0 - 100 kph, 3.0 s. 0 - 180 kph, 7.4 s. 0 - 200 kph, 8.8 s

Huracan

0-100 3.2 0-200 9.9

Quoting

http://fastestlaps.com/articles/lamborghin...e_on_paper.html

It is not very impressive for a modern supercar given that it's 2014/15 brand new... I still don't get MP4's figure...

it is just a UFO...

Lamborghini press release states 3.2 second 0-100 and 9.9 0-200 kph times. The former is rather less impressive, but the latter actually does reflect the great power to weight ratio that this car possesses. For comparison, latest generation Nissan GT-R does 200 in 10.6.

What I expected most from the new "compact Lambo" was world beating track performance. Huracan has the same recipe of a Nissan GT-R, plus a much bigger budget for the actual ingredients. So I can't help but wonder, why would it not be decisively faster than the GT-R in every possible track test?

First test drives are scheduled for January and in a coupe of months we will find out if the Huracan is indeed a new benchmark in street car track performance, or it is just another "luxury sports car" with no real excuse for being slower than a Nissan GT-R.

I feel like I am in kindergarten again, there is no real world testing of this car? Who says it's slower or faster than car A,B,C, etc. can we please revisit this nonsense after ACTUAL testing?

Brother just ordered his last night after the viewing.

Metallic black

Red Callipers

Red stiching on black leather

Option Wheels

Style kit and sports exhaust

Glass engine cover

Jan / Feb 2015 build.

I am trying to convince him to go Balloon white and Verdi Ithica callipers. he jas until August to change the specs

That spec sounds awesome, congrats to your brother.

Sports exhaust? That wasn't on the option list, do you know more about it, sounds very interesting.

I saw it tonight in person and examined it in very good detail. Here are my notes/opinions.

Looks great

Lights are amazing

Car sounds great

Most of the people there didn't know the details except the Italian engineer who was hard to understand.

Exact same motor stroke and bore as the lp570 but is definitely different.

****someone needs to confirm but I was told 20 injectors are standard on this car. I couldn't understand Italian rep. ****

The carbon engine bay is cool. You better buy the clear bonnet.

They have improved the heat escaping in this car very much. It actually breathes well.

No spoiler right now

All of the car is now flat bottom and covered under the entire engine much different the LP cars

Only piece of the chassis that is made of carbon is the firewall and they claim the chassis is 10% lighter and 50% torsional stiffer.

It has a rear strut bar which is the exact reason I would bet makes the car stiffer. Looks like a bar that is on the murcielaggo to me over the engine. Would love to adapt this to gallardo.

Larger rear tire diameter. This car will have amazing tire options!!!!

Brakes look beefy

Most of the vents look functional and designed well.

Rear quarter panels are easily replaceable now and no big deal if damaged. Bolt in.

Doors are now very strong and have pieces that reinforce them to the frame of the car. 2 additional door latch pieces for safety.

I saw it tonight in person and examined it in very good detail. Here are my notes/opinions.

Looks great

Lights are amazing

Car sounds great

Most of the people there didn't know the details except the Italian engineer who was hard to understand.

Exact same motor stroke and bore as the lp570 but is definitely different.

****someone needs to confirm but I was told 20 injectors are standard on this car. I couldn't understand Italian rep. ****

The carbon engine bay is cool. You better buy the clear bonnet.

They have improved the heat escaping in this car very much. It actually breathes well.

No spoiler right now

All of the car is now flat bottom and covered under the entire engine much different the LP cars

Only piece of the chassis that is made of carbon is the firewall and they claim the chassis is 10% lighter and 50% torsional stiffer.

It has a rear strut bar which is the exact reason I would bet makes the car stiffer. Looks like a bar that is on the murcielaggo to me over the engine. Would love to adapt this to gallardo.

Larger rear tire diameter. This car will have amazing tire options!!!!

Brakes look beefy

Most of the vents look functional and designed well.

Rear quarter panels are easily replaceable now and no big deal if damaged. Bolt in.

Doors are now very strong now and have 2 additional door latch pieces for safety per door.

****more leg room****. They appear to have made the deck behind the seats more narrower and moved the seats back.

Steering wheel and paddles are awesome.

Interior overall is excellent quality.

Windshield visors are cute but not functional at all. Funny honestly.

Perfect spot to put a gun or cell phone in the center console behind radio.

Dash is cool. Redline is still 8500rpm even though tach looks to be red above 7800rpm

Glove box looks the same as gallardo.

Rear bumper looks ok but would be better with it painted body color.

Inside door handles are fancy and have a spring built in them.

Seats are much much much stiffer and better quality.

Can't make out much in engine bay because of all the panels covering stuff.

Dual clutch tranny seems very smart.

30/70 front/rear diff electronic split normally.

Can make rear 100% electronically by programming ecu or selecting certain mode and during certain condition.

Front diff can go MAX 50% when it needs traction.

Diff % varies based on mode. Sport mode lets the tail spin. Corsa is best for traction.

Don't like the navi screen on dash.

Front hood is super cool the way it opens and hinges.

Front battery is still in the same place and similar panel as gallardo.

No steering wheel stalks. Everything is on the wheel.

Lastly, this will make a great turbo car between proven engine, taller rear tires, ability to change the differential power split.

Great detailed info Lambofan35, the only thing I would like to add is that the chassis also has carbon fibre elements/sections behind the doors which help with the torsional rigidity which is, as you've mentioned, 50% great then the Gallardo's