The 2013 Obama Scandal omnibus thread- Benghazi, IRS, AP, EPA, Congressional cloak room

Assman

Hero. He didn't give up the OPSEC of any HUMINT and made sure that everything he leaked was for the good of the Citizens of the US of A.

He publicized his name KNOWING they would find out. I'd rather have the entire world know my name which makes it harder to be Renditioned or Disappeared.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABC, for what it's worth, reported that he checked out of the hotel in Hong Kong and is "on the run" as of this morning. I think they may be sensationalizing this a bit.

So who thinks he's a traitor, and who thinks he's a hero? Or just someone standing up for what they believe in?

He's probably a bit of all three.

I would draw a distinction between this guy and Bradley manning, who I think is a POS. First and foremost, he stood up and said, "it's me". He isn't lurking in the shadows hoping to have his cake and eating it too.... There's no question he's willing to take the shit that's about to come his way....

Secondly, there does seem to be a specificity to what he disclosed.... He didn't copy everything and put it all out there (which would unquestionably cause harm to the very people he says he is concerned about, like manning did....). He went after the program of the NSA spying on its own citizens.... Rather than putting legitimate assets and programs at risk...

Funny side story. Back in 2008 I was driving to meet a client out in eastern MD. I was on the phone with my dad as I drove right through the middle of the NSA campus. I jokingly told my dad to say "Hi" to the NSA since I was driving through their campus and figured they were listening in.

Little did I realize they probably were listening in. In case they are reading this:

:icon_fU:

I would draw a distinction between this guy and Bradley manning, who I think is a POS. First and foremost, he stood up and said, "it's me". He isn't lurking in the shadows hoping to have his cake and eating it too.... There's no question he's willing to take the shit that's about to come his way....

I'm not sure whether to respect this or view it as simply a symptom of his narcissism. Seems to me there is quite a bit of grandiosity emanating from him and his chosen journalist, who he hand-picked and who exhibits similar symptoms (among others).

Prediction: within the next month we have a Boston scaled *well I'm not even gonna say the word because I don't want to end up on a NSA server list*. It's hailed as a foreign sponsored attack but carried out by A US citizen or someone here on a Student visa.

Hailed as "This is why we need PRISM type survailance'

Tin foil hat off..

Prediction: within the next month we have a Boston scaled *well I'm not even gonna say the word because I don't want to end up on a NSA server list*. It's hailed as a foreign sponsored attack but carried out by A US citizen or someone here on a Student visa.

Tin foil hat off..

Look out your window. See that utility co. van?? That's right, the one w/ the tinted windows. Pay no attention to it. We're just here to make sure all your utilities are utilized. Seriously, go about your business. Now.

Tin foil hat off..

All I can say is stock up on more ammo and be ready for some Shit. I'm thinking I need something in 7.62 now just for backup lol.

:lol:

LINK

Domestic Surveillance Directorate

If you Have Nothing to Hide, You Have Nothing to Fear

What Data We Collect

Every day, people leave a digital trail of electronic breadcrumbs as they go about their daily routine. They go to work using electronic fare cards; drive through intersections with traffic cameras; walk down the street past security cameras; surf the internet; pay for purchases with credit/debit cards; text or call their friends; and on and on.

There is no way to predict in advance which crucial piece of data will be the key to revealing a potential plot. The standard operating procedure for the Domestic Surveillance Directorate is to "collect all available information from all available sources all the time, every time, always".

For security reasons, it is unrealistic to expect a complete list of information we collect for our national citizen database. In the spirit of openness and transparency however, here is a partial list:

•internet searches

•websites visited

•emails sent and received

•social media activity (Facebook, Twitter, etc)

•blogging activity including posts read, written, and commented on - View our patent

•videos watched and/or uploaded online

•photos viewed and/or uploaded online

•music downloads

•mobile phone GPS-location data

•mobile phone apps downloaded

•phone call records - View our patent

•text messages sent and received

•online purchases and auction transactions

•bookstore receipts

•credit card/ debit card transactions

•bank statements

•cable television shows watched and recorded

•commuter toll records

•parking receipts

•electronic bus and subway passes / Smartpasses

•travel itineraries

•border crossings

•surveillance cameras

•medical information including diagnoses and treatments

•prescription drug purchases

•guns and ammunition sales

•educational records

•arrest records

•driver license information

Won't the Chinese possibly interrogate Snowden to get information out of him on U.S. secrets? It is interesting how this program has divided people. Glenn Beck and Van Jones both against it, Dianne Feinstein and Karl Rove for it, etc...

Anybody who hasn't read it, Wired did a really interesting article on the NSA Utah facility last year: LINK

But what if we could collect the information in advance, before the target was known? What if the mere act of collecting information could result in the identification of new targets? What if we could build a national data warehouse containing all available information about every person in the United States? Under the authority of the classified Homeland Security Directive 15 (U.S. Strategy and Policy in the War on Terror), we can.

holy shit!

:lol:

LINK

Domestic Surveillance Directorate

What Data We Collect

Every day, people leave a digital trail of electronic breadcrumbs as they go about their daily routine. They go to work using electronic fare cards; drive through intersections with traffic cameras; walk down the street past security cameras; surf the internet; pay for purchases with credit/debit cards; text or call their friends; and on and on.

There is no way to predict in advance which crucial piece of data will be the key to revealing a potential plot. The standard operating procedure for the Domestic Surveillance Directorate is to "collect all available information from all available sources all the time, every time, always".

For security reasons, it is unrealistic to expect a complete list of information we collect for our national citizen database. In the spirit of openness and transparency however, here is a partial list:

•internet searches

•websites visited

•emails sent and received

•social media activity (Facebook, Twitter, etc)

•blogging activity including posts read, written, and commented on - View our patent

•videos watched and/or uploaded online

•photos viewed and/or uploaded online

•music downloads

•mobile phone GPS-location data

•mobile phone apps downloaded

•phone call records - View our patent

•text messages sent and received

•online purchases and auction transactions

•bookstore receipts

•credit card/ debit card transactions

•bank statements

•cable television shows watched and recorded

•commuter toll records

•parking receipts

•electronic bus and subway passes / Smartpasses

•travel itineraries

•border crossings

•surveillance cameras

•medical information including diagnoses and treatments

•prescription drug purchases

•guns and ammunition sales

•educational records

•arrest records

•driver license information

What in the fcuk.

"Partial list"?? So essentially every aspect of life.

Hello 1984...

That's the creepiest and eeriest phrase I've ever read.

Government must be checked. I posted not long ago worried about the possibilities of a program like this, at the time of the post it was only theory, now we know it's fact. Disgusting.

Shit. Derrick pointed out to me that the above is a parody website.

Says it at the fine print on the very bottom of the page.

I hate that I wasnt that surprised to think it was real... :-/

Dutch intelligence has access to PRISM

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...Ohx6VLB5RSbPpGQ

Translation: 'AIVD also has access to information from PRISM'

Dutch secret services also get information from the Internet surveillance program of the U.S., PRISM. If the AIVD (Dutch intelligence agency) signals a U.S. address as suspicious, within five minutes all information is known, says an AIVD agent this morning in The Telegraph (dutch newspaper). The agent was working for a Dutch agency which monitors muslim extremists.

According to the agent many companies are actively involved in giving access to their data. "All the major commercial internet services are forced to provide an application to access their data". Together these applications form the program/programme of the U.S. National Security Agency to collect confidential internet data.

"EVERYTHING IS SHARED BY SKYPE, GOOGLE OR FACEBOOK"

Skype denied access for years, but now that it is owned by Microsoft it shares all data, as is the case with Google and Facebook. The executives of the latter two companies claimed Saturday not to be aware of the Internet surveillance program.

Dutch companies would kindly cooperate. "When a request is made you just get instant access to the data, all on a silver platter." If a company does not cooperate, an agent is 'activated' who has access to the information of the company. Inside businesses and institutions, everywhere agents can be enabled/activated to execute a request for information.

Shit. Derrick pointed out to me that the above is a parody website.

Says it at the fine print on the very bottom of the page.

I hate that I wasnt that surprised to think it was real... :-/

Yeah, that's why I had put the smiley at the top. Would not be funny if real!

Any chance of this passing?

Eight senators introduced legislation on Tuesday that would require the Attorney General to declassify significant opinions made by courts operating under the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

If the bipartisan bill was law, it would have required the government to reveal its collection of Verizon phone records and the PRISM Internet data mining program.

“Americans deserve to know how much information about their private communications the government believes it’s allowed to take under the law,” said Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), who is spearheading the effort alongside Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.).

The effort has the backing of Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Pat Leahy (D-Vt.), according to a release from Wyden's office.

Sens. Dean Heller (R-Nev.), Mark Begich (D-Alaska), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah) have also signed on as co-sponsors to the proposed legislation.

The pairing of prominent liberals such as Franken and Leahy with Lee, a Tea Party favorite, highlights how worries about National Security Agency (NSA) programs are blurring partisan lines.

The FISA court is the main legal body responsible for authorizing intelligence operations against U.S. citizens on American soil. Currently, FISA opinions are classified.

“There is plenty of room to have this debate without compromising our surveillance sources or methods or tipping our hand to our enemies," Merkley said.

"We can’t have a serious debate about how much surveillance of Americans’ communications should be permitted without ending secret law," he added.

The Senate's No. 2 Democrat on Tuesday said he did not believe the effort would get far.

"I encourage this, though I think it is going to be ill-fated," said Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.).

"I just don't see a freight train coming down the track," in terms of getting the White House and Congress behind the Merkley-Wyden bill, Durbin said.

He argued that even if a bill got through the House and Senate, it is unlikely that President Obama would accept it.

The bill comes after classified information on two domestic surveillance programs run by the NSA were leaked by Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old government contractor. Details of the NSA programs were published in The Guardian and The Washington Post last week.

One program was designed to collect cell phone data from Verizon customers to track terror threats and a second program, PRISM, collected data from tech companies on foreign Internet users.

President Obama and the heads of the Senate and House Intelligence committees have defended the programs as critical to national security and said they did not violate the civil liberties of American citizens.

The White House said Congress had been briefed on the operations, but many lawmakers say they were unaware of the programs and are demanding more information.

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper defended the programs shortly after the leaks, saying the operations were deemed legal by the FISA court.

Snowden had been working for three months as a contractor with Booz Allen Hamilton when he leaked details of the programs to the media.

In an interview with The Guardian, he said he knew of the programs for years and was disappointed that President Obama had not stopped them.

The Justice Department launched a criminal investigation into the leaks and may attempt to extradite Snowden from Hong Kong where he is staying and prosecute him.

On Tuesday, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) called Snowden a "traitor" and said the leaks had put American lives "at risk."

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/polic...illance-rulings

OK.... My best friend is a writer... And one of the subjects he writes extensively on is the NSA.... He writes fiction, but in order for that to work, he does EXTENSIVE research.... Sharp guy... Knows as much about the NSA as probably anybody who isn't in it... (although, Im never quite sure about that)...

So yesterday we spoke on the phone and I asked him, point blank, are we "past the tipping point? If tomorrow Obama says 'That's enough, They've gotten to big, Im realing them in', COULD HE?"

"Nope."

OK, Maybe Im not asking the right question...

"If CONGRESS, and obama decided to stop them, could they?"

"Make them stop what? You have to know what the what is, or they will just do the same thing another way."

"Forget all that technical crap.... COULD THE GOVERNMENT MAKE THEM STOP ALL SPYING ON US CITIZENS, IF it decided to?"

"No."

"So theyre a fourth branch of government unto themselves with no checks or balances?"

"Pretty much."

type in illuminati backwards . com

see where it takes you

itanimulli.com/

So how does that work? Did someone buy that domain name and then just make it re-direct automatically to the NSA website?

From a technical aspect, do they really have the capability of storing all the acquired data? if so that's quite amazing from a technical aspect, I'd like to read more on that if anyone can point me in the right direction.