The 2013 Obama Scandal omnibus thread- Benghazi, IRS, AP, EPA, Congressional cloak room

Assman

Whats the range on their cruise missiles? About 300 miles? Yeah, Id say 50 warrants an intercept...

Call me paranoid, But I kinda think we should push back before theyre in range of San Francisco.

If they were North Korean, I'd worry, but not Russian. Putin I think is just longing for the old Soviet days where Russia was in the big leagues. The Russians also some years back were buzzing past our aircraft carriers (or one of them) with their big planes.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitting warring factions into different states has been the UN answer to these things for the last 70 years... India/Pakistan, Yugoslavia, etc...

The problem is. it doesn't work in the ME, and especially Iraq... Each faction, regardless of their other cultural or religious differences, wants the oil fields...

It ::SOUNDS:: like Isis is on their way to Baghdad next... And forget about buying weapons... They have some good shit theyve stolen from the Iraqi military who have fled in every encounter so far... Seeing AQ flags flying over Hummers kinda pissed me off... When do you think the tide changes?

Soon, imo they only managed to pull this stuff off because of general incompetence in the Iraqi gvt. Had they been prepared, AQ would not have had a chance. It's really hard to describe how governing functions over there. To describe it, would seem to many almost Kafka-esque. They are preparing operations in conjunction with the Kurds which are better trained and more professional, to take back the towns and cities under AQ control. Oh and replacing the old Sunni bureaucracy which knew how to run the country didn't help either. Same thing happened in the army. They replaced and demoted well trained and experienced army commanders on sectarian grounds. Not a good a idea at all.

The fact that AQ was only "attacking" Sunni majority cities and towns says a lot. There are many sympathizers there to enable them to gain control. A few tribal sheiks siding with them is usually enough. They have a lot of influence in society and many are extremely angry at the government and are feeling sidelined. They will change their stance the moment they get a reaction from the government. They've done it before, remember the so called "awakening councils" where they got paid by the US Army and they stopped supporting the insurgency? Imo it;s a way for the Sunnis to show the gvt they mean business, and can always switch allegiances. The recent election was undecisive, and bickering over gvt formation is ongoing. The timing of all this is just right to put pressure on Al Maliki. The reasons behind the local sheiks siding with AQ for the moment are entirely political. No one likes them, no one wants them around, the fact that they enabled them to take control of towns and cities, shows desperation, and is a last resort before the situation develops into another full blown civil war just as it did between 2005-2007. Since the US left, the central gvt either reduced or altogether stopped payments to those "awakening councils" to keep the peace in their areas... there aren't many jobs in Iraq. They are frustrated. The south is the Shiite heartland in Iraq, Kerballa is a holy city for Shiites, they will not be able to reach it.

There are enough oilfields in Iraq for everyone. Oil is almost evenly split between north and south. It can be done successfully imo. Effectively splitting it up is improbable as many Iraqis see themselves first and foremost as Iraqis, it would not be popular, but further federalization of the country would be a good solution to all these issues. The Sunnis won't have anything to complain about if they govern their areas themselves, and if the same model that is used for the Kurds is implemented they will have the funds to do it. Kurds get a 17% share of the federal budget, because they are roughly 17% of the population. The difference between Kurdistan and the rest of Iraq is huge. Kurdistan is borderline civilized, business is booming, security is tight, etc.

I have a buddy who is a CBP agent. He posted these links on his FB within the last few days

http://www.infowars.com/border-agent-issue...riminal-aliens/

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2...er-Week-Into-US

When I asked if this was real or a joke this was his response:

" This is very real! No one back home has a clue what's really going on down here on the border. I'm not a huge fan of the news source, but this is the only place the truth is going to come out. FOX, CBS, CNN are not telling the whole story... It's a BAD!!! Situation for this country! Guatemalan news and radio stations are telling their own citizens that if they come to America that they will get free housing, food, health care and education. Every Guatemalan I catch asks me why I'm arresting them and not letting them go? Just wait till all of the Guatemalans we have released into Texas, Arizona, Maryland, New York, get a chance to call home and tell their friends that it's all true and they are getting set free. We will have all of Guatemala at our door step expecting to be released with a free bus ticket to a town near you."

and response to another questioning if the stories were true:

" Lots of women,teens and kids... All looking for that government cheese. They are being told that school, housing, food and healthcare are all free in America and that the gov won't turn them away if the just show up and present themselves to the Border Patrol. So now we have a very large number of them coming up. And this is just the tip of the ice-burg. Wait till they all call home and tell their friends that it's true and they are being released and set free. We are going to have a mass exodus from south and Central America showing up on our door step."

Sounds like a full fledge shooting war has broken out in Ukraine... Russian tanks rolling in.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-...0612-story.html

Russia has gone back on its promise to secure its border with Ukraine against further infusions of weapons and fighters, with at least three Russian tanks and several armored vehicles spotted Thursday in the eastern Ukraine town of Snizhnye, a top Ukrainian official said.

"Columns of armored personnel vehicles and artillery have entered through checkpoints seized by terrorists," Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said at a news conference in Kiev, the capital, citing his nation's intelligence sources and referring to separatists in the east.

Avakov said Ukrainian troops engaged the Russian convoy and destroyed some of the armor.

fcuk me.

I feel like Putin is a few steps away from pulling his dick out and laying it on the table.

I think he just flopped it down....

No other/older assets available. Alaska is Raptor territory. Looks like the article said that Eagles picked up the game as they approached CONUS...probably out of Oregon. As to the reasoning of the need to intercept...debatable.

Thought the 354th had F-16s at Eielson? Are they elsewhere now? Ignoring that...agree with your assesment of the intercept.

Anyhow, the Russians and Chinese are really getting buddy buddy lately, and both are becoming even bigger pains than before.

Thought the 354th had F-16s at Eielson? Are they elsewhere now? Ignoring that...agree with your assesment of the intercept.

Anyhow, the Russians and Chinese are really getting buddy buddy lately, and both are becoming even bigger pains than before.

russia and china have always been close allies, think communism. russia and china also share a long border with eachother in a very significant part of russia which is where all the natural resources are located (siberia). the trade balance between russia and china is unknown especially since there is the trans siberian railroad which makes trade with china extremely efficient

Ok... Im hearing (from people who know their shit) Baghdad is a fait accompli.... A matter of time before it falls... The government may already be fleeing. This is looking a lot like 1975.

The worse news? Iran is expected to get involved soon.

This is the way world wars start.

Ok... Im hearing (from people who know their shit) Baghdad is a fait accompli.... A matter of time before it falls... The government may already be fleeing. This is looking a lot like 1975.

I really hope you are wrong, Romandad.

I don't think it's expect to get involved, I think they already are. Sources are saying ISG is already in Baghdad.

My dad is in Baghdad. Really. There are 6 million people there, armed to the teeth, and the gvt is firmly in control. There is no immediate danger of AQ taking Baghdad. IRanians have gotten involved, and sent special forces to help the Iraqi army, already. They will not allow extremist sunnis to overrun Iraq, nor will the turks.

They were pushed back last night from a nearby town by the army. As of this morning the Air Force is bombing Isis positions in and around Mosul.

Anyone think the Iraqi government is acting a bit hypocritical asking the U.S. for help now when they had no problem telling us to get lost when all was well?

Anyone think the Iraqi government is acting a bit hypocritical asking the U.S. for help now when they had no problem telling us to get lost when all was well?

Just a bit? :D

American help is not going to do them any good. Might help in the short term but the problems there aren't easily solved, and they won't be solved with force. They need to put aside their differences and work together, stop the political tit for tat, get serious on fighting corruption, stop marginalizing sunnis and change the tone of sectarianism in politics and everyday life. The harsh reality is that they are an uncivilized, unenlightened bunch of people who won't be able to do any of that anytime soon. All the sane people left long ago. The few that are left are in the minority, and are unable to garner the necessary votes to be able to run the country and bring some much needed change. That's why I think extending federalization to sunni areas of the country is the only solution for now.

This is from two days ago. Iraqi troops left their uniforms and ran

post-4092-1402652612.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning...fying-violence/

I thank you very sincerely for your letter and for your offer to transport me towards freedom. I cannot, alas, leave in such a cowardly fashion. As for you and in particular for your great country, I never believed for a moment that you would have this sentiment of abandoning a people which has chosen liberty. You have refused us your protection and we can do nothing about it. You leave us and it is my wish that you and your country will find happiness under the sky. But mark it well that, if I shall die here on the spot and in my country that I love, it is too bad because we are all born and must die one day. I have only committed the mistake of believing in you, the Americans.
-Sirik Matak, Cambodia, 1975.

• Shia Iraqis are rallying to militias after Iraq's most senior Shia cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, called for Iraqis to take up arms against "terrorists". "He who sacrifices for the cause of defending his country and his family and his honour will be a martyr," he said at Friday prayers, through a representative.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/...ns-live-updates

The spark that will ignite another civil war. If things get out of hand only a tiny bit, all hell will break loose.

200 US contractors are about to go black hawk down on some Jihadists.

Link: http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/200-u-s-contrac...adists-in-iraq/

Sounds like they have been abandoned and left to fend for themselves.

Oh my god

Sure sounds like they are left for dead. If they get taken over, I can only hope they just off themselves rather than be left as prisoners/trophies for these savages to mutilate.

To sit here powerless, having so little faith that the executive branch will handle this intelligently, is such a bummer. I get the feeling that the only people who can salvage this are the decision makers in theater.

To sit here powerless, having so little faith that the executive branch will handle this intelligently, is such a bummer. I get the feeling that the only people who can salvage this are the decision makers in theater.

:iamwithstupid:

I've been sitting here with this same thing going through my mind.

"These are Americans. Our useless, spineless sack of shit leader won't do a thing. What is there for us to do? If I was there I'd hope my brothers would come and rescue me. How can they just leave them there? Don't we have enough AC110's and Apaches we can get these guys out?"

If they're able to communicate the only way this is going to get any attention from our useless leadership is if they are able to send out a video that they can get aired on the news pleading that the president doesn't leave them there to be killed and that he bears all responsibility for what happens to them.

And asking Americans to put pressure on those that we can to help save them.

With OBAMA handling Benghazi so well, I can't say I have high hopes the contractors will be rescued. Sad.

To guys like Obama, "contractors" equals "mercenaries". He won't shed a tear when they are hanging from bridges...

And for anybody who thinks I'm being unfair, I give you Democratic Underground

Let's see how he "we leave nobody behind"s this one...