Hawthorne Cops killed Dog...

dreamcast18

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cop that shot the dog has a history of brutality.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hawthorne-...olice-brutality

The Hawthorne PD has issued a request for anyone who videotaped the shooting to turn over this evidence to be considered in dealing with these officers. Be very careful if you who recorded this decide to hand it over to the police. It's a felony in California to videotape police, punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

WHAT?

Yeah, He was an idiot...

BEING AN IDIOT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW!!!

Not against the law but playing stupid games wins you stupid prizes.

The guy was provoking police looking for a reaction. Well he got his reaction and his dog paid for it.

The police are wrong, but he CLEARLY could/should have avoided this.

The man might have been pissed off at cops as last night he was arrested for buying a 6 pack of water??????

LOL..

A Rottweiler or any dog for that matter should be able to be taken down and subdued by an adult male willing to get his hands dirty. With multiple men, shouldn't be a big deal.

Shooting it is laziness, but I won't say it's wrong in this situation. The dog was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A Rottweiler or any dog for that matter should be able to be taken down and subdued by an adult male willing to get his hands dirty. With multiple men, shouldn't be a big deal.

Like fcuk.

Shooting it is laziness, but I won't say it's wrong in this situation. The dog was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yes which is why police use dogs to go after criminals, because any person can take them down.

Yes which is why police use dogs to go after criminals, because any person can take them down.

Well it is that or the police were going to use Dolphins but they have a Union and that brings pension problems.

!!!!!! Highly depends on the dog. There are some dogs capable of killing wolves, and the average wolf could rip the average dog or human to pieces. For example, the Russians have a dog called the ovcharka (Caucasian Mountain Dog) that is an old dog breed that historically has been used as a sheepdog and military and police dog. The Soviets used to put them on the border at the Berlin Wall and use them to guard the gulag camps. The Russian military uses them still. Caucasian Mountain Dog is by its nature an attack dog that will attack and kill on instinct. You have to train it to be nice starting very young.

You wanna subdue this? :D

tumblr_lxmivgC9sK1qzsokro1_400.jpg

caucasion-ovcharka-guard-dog.jpg

Well it is that or the police were going to use Dolphins but they have a Union and that brings pension problems.

those dang unions will get ya every time.

Well, the idea isn't to kill the criminal but to get him entangled enough for officers to then follow. Nobody said this was gonna be a 3 second KO like in the movies...

A dog is a good choice in these scenarios

I wonder how the animal cruelty community would feel if a dog(s) died during these scenarios?

!!!!!! Highly depends on the dog. There are some dogs capable of killing wolves, and the average wolf could rip the average dog or human to pieces. For example, the Russians have a dog called the ovcharka (Caucasian Mountain Dog) that is an old dog breed that historically has been used as a sheepdog and military and police dog. The Soviets used to put them on the border at the Berlin Wall and use them to guard the gulag camps. The Russian military uses them still. Caucasian Mountain Dog is by its nature an attack dog that will attack and kill on instinct. You have to train it to be nice starting very young.

You wanna subdue this? :D

:icon_mrgreen:

Nobody said it would be easy....and I'll admit the first instinct is probably not to fight that. Just like my first instinct isn't to want to fight a powerful man without a very good reason.

I still submit this:

You are a father and all that stands between your kids and this vicious dog is yourself, no guns. You still scared of this thing now?

Look, I like dogs but am far from a dog person fanboy. Many people like to say their rottweiler, doberman, etc will do this, this, and that. Well I ask those owners, what would happen if their dog ever turned on them?

Now what, are they doomed or do they have magical powers as owners? :lol2:

And finally, nobody is ever suggesting picking this fight, but:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/27/shepherd-kil...throat-3810110/

A Rottweiler or any dog for that matter should be able to be taken down and subdued by an adult male willing to get his hands dirty.

That's a joke right?

A depressing situation all round.

• 2 weeks later...
That's a joke right?

I agree with Fillippe because half the power we give to dogs is fear. I love dogs too (especially Huskies and Dobermans!), but I spent a few years dealing with security dogs, guard dogs, problem dogs, etc. long ago. How many youtube vids have we seen where criminals just fall down and give up when a dog comes into play as if it's a frickin' mountain lion. Fillippe makes a good point about protecting your kids too. Assuming you're an adult male, if you're reduced to getting violent with a dog, it's only strong points are speed and teeth. You're going to be bitten and yanked. You've just got to redefine the fight on your terms. Eye gouging, testicle crunching, choking, punching, leg splitting (like cracking a wishbone), clubbing, all great options, as well as picking the animal up and throwing it over a fence or into a wall because an adult male still has a strength advantage. Being thrown is scary for a dog. You might even deploy enough strength to accidentally break it's neck if you're really going at it on the ground. Of course, before you ever get to this point, you would have probably already proven to the dog that your size advantage is unappealing enough, but your attitude speaks volumes to a dog. Put on your war face and be ready to kill the m-fer, and most dogs will read that loud and clear. Chase the dog. Prove that you're committed to fking him up. Chase him until he's tired and scared rather than feignt at him for 10 yards and teach him that he still has a chance. You'd rather the dog feel like he escaped death rather than give him boundaries to explore. Dogs need a whole different kind of convincing. Like Fillippe said, be willing to get your hands dirty.

Trained dogs are also supremely confident in how easily humans will play the victim for them, but all dogs tend to be caught off guard when it's you chasing them with your fangs out. Dog handlers also like to encourage fear of their dogs as unstoppable weapons so naturally they would argue with me. All bets are off with mountain lions.

Thanks for the common sense.

In a real drag out fight, having a pair of hands is a world of difference.

That and determination is huge.

I agree with Fillippe because half the power we give to dogs is fear. I love dogs too (especially Huskies and Dobermans!), but I spent a few years dealing with security dogs, guard dogs, problem dogs, etc. long ago. How many youtube vids have we seen where criminals just fall down and give up when a dog comes into play as if it's a frickin' mountain lion. Fillippe makes a good point about protecting your kids too. Assuming you're an adult male, if you're reduced to getting violent with a dog, it's only strong points are speed and teeth. You're going to be bitten and yanked. You've just got to redefine the fight on your terms. Eye gouging, testicle crunching, choking, punching, leg splitting (like cracking a wishbone), clubbing, all great options, as well as picking the animal up and throwing it over a fence or into a wall because an adult male still has a strength advantage. Being thrown is scary for a dog. You might even deploy enough strength to accidentally break it's neck if you're really going at it on the ground. Of course, before you ever get to this point, you would have probably already proven to the dog that your size advantage is unappealing enough, but your attitude speaks volumes to a dog. Put on your war face and be ready to kill the m-fer, and most dogs will read that loud and clear. Chase the dog. Prove that you're committed to fking him up. Chase him until he's tired and scared rather than feignt at him for 10 yards and teach him that he still has a chance. You'd rather the dog feel like he escaped death rather than give him boundaries to explore. Dogs need a whole different kind of convincing. Like Fillippe said, be willing to get your hands dirty.

Trained dogs are also supremely confident in how easily humans will play the victim for them, but all dogs tend to be caught off guard when it's you chasing them with your fangs out. Dog handlers also like to encourage fear of their dogs as unstoppable weapons so naturally they would argue with me. All bets are off with mountain lions.

Who in their right mind would engage in a no-holds barred fight with a dog, with intent to maim and kill as opposed to just shooting it? This seems rather silly.

This is getting out of hand guys. I am not debating whether the cops should have shot the dog or not from the stand point of was it a threat. But IF the cops felt that they were in danger the answer is to shoot rather then hand to hand fight 100% of the time. I am not going toe to toe with a dog. I am not going to get bit. I am not going to risk rabies. I am not going to risk permanent injury or disfigurement. I am not going to chance a bite to the groin or neck that causes me to bleed out.

Disclaimer: If my family is in danger and I have no gun you better believe I am going to die trying to protect them.

This is getting out of hand guys. I am not debating whether the cops should have shot the dog or not from the stand point of was it a threat. But IF the cops felt that they were in danger the answer is to shoot rather then hand to hand fight 100% of the time. I am not going toe to toe with a dog. I am not going to get bit. I am not going to risk rabies. I am not going to risk permanent injury or disfigurement. I am not going to chance a bite to the groin or neck that causes me to bleed out.

Disclaimer: If my family is in danger and I have no gun you better believe I am going to die trying to protect them.

:iamwithstupid: