http://www.lexus.com/models/LX/specs/

2014-GL-CLASS-SUV-GALLERY-005-GOE-D_zpse46c9307.jpg

2014-GL-CLASS-SUV-GALLERY-015-GOI-D_zps466e4b8d.jpg

12C178_260-400x266_zpsd36bff61.jpg

2014-GL-CLASS-SUV-GALLERY-002-GOE-D_zps1241a99e.jpg

$64,550

4.6L biturbo V-8Power 362 @ 5,000-6,000 rpm

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/mod...int=model-specs

Can't speak to the other 2, but the GL's are awful. We were looking for a 7 seater, test drove one a while back. Even my wife (who it was for) commented on how much she hated it. Feels REALLY heavy. Interior feels really dated. At the time she was driving a X5d for comparison.

Damn we are getting ripped off on cars here, I can't believe the prices listed under your choices, have you considered the Audi Q7?

I would consider the servicing dealer. A great service relationship or experience at a particular brand would carry some weight if I were deciding.

Aside from daily use - the service experience can make/break the ownership experience.

The Infiniti is slick. Big truck, but slick. Has all the best tech and a solid motor and transmission. I have never been a fan of the Lexus, to Cadillac-Esque for me. The Infiniti gives a sportier feel.

Wife has the Infiniti. Does everything well and high tech inside. Would buy again. The price you posted though is for the low end without all the good stuff. Loaded it is closer to 80. Lexus looks old, gl seems much smaller inside. All the seats fold flat which is great when you need it.

Infiniti has the best tech and safety out of those three. Interior would also be the largest in that. I'm really hoping this rumored Range Rover LWB version comes with a proper third row.

I purchased the infiniti when it was the QX56...I didn't know they changed the model name. My wife loves it, easy to drive and full of tech stuff. I looked at every SUV possible, and for me it was the best choice. The escalade did not cut the mustard for me, it felt cheap and the features were lacking compared to the infiniti.

I have a 2011 QX56 (now QX80) and it's bad ass. I got everything except the "driver assist/nanny driver" bull shit and it was right around $68k.

The center console on row 2 is removeable (pain in the ass, it's 4 bolts and some clips) but it comes out and I'm probably going to take mine out since I often have car seats in the 2d row.

3d row fits adults just fine, decent leg room. I take 6 people + me to lunch in it a lot and it's not uncomfortable.

Good road trip car.

I've driven both the others. They suck balls.

Reserve the upcoming Tesla Model X - delivery starts early 2015. While waiting you can short term lease a 7 seater, there are plenty of good deals out there.

IMO, Model X will be the next cool thing on people hauler.

Love the interior of the GL but would hate to deal with getting it serviced...especially out of warranty. Was behind the new Lexus yesterday and man was it ugly from the outside. That being said it is a nice place to be on the inside and you know it is built like a tank. Not really feeling the looks of the QX but the tech is impressive and the quality is there as well. I take it the MDX is out? Fully loaded they are really nice but the 3rd row is pretty small. Also you didn't throw anything in there about the Cayanne (could get pricey quick) or the RR (although servicing it again would scare the crap out of me).

• 6 months later...

what did you end up getting in the end?

i prefer the Lexus as we dont have the infiniti in Aus. GL is not very pretty unless you get the AMG package.