New Viper sales far lower than expected...

Mako

Well the good thing is that they obviously realize there is a problem and rather than kill the program, they are trying to triage it back to life. It would be shame if they killed it. Not my cup of tea, but I like diversity.

It's true.. And I happen to really like the viper! I think it's a fantastic American muscle/track car. It's just a fantastic $85-89k American Muscle track car and the minute they started pricing it along supercars they made a huge mistake.

I also can't imagine the buyers who bought those first cars at $125k plus are going to be happy and returning when they see what kind of discounts someone buying a new car now will get

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the good thing is that they obviously realize there is a problem and rather than kill the program, they are trying to triage it back to life. It would be shame if they killed it. Not my cup of tea, but I like diversity.

Agreed. Always nice to have more diversity. However, for the current price..you can almost buy 2 Alfa 4cs (assuming no markup)

Agreed. Always nice to have more diversity. However, for the current price..you can almost buy 2 Alfa 4cs (assuming no markup)

4c is going to be an interesting car. It's on my test drive drive to do list.

Two completely different ballparks of cars.

Viper has 4.8 times Alfas displacement in under 1.5 times of it's weight. Different animals.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought it must be an SRT and not a GTS from the price but its crazy with that $15k rebate that Dodge did and cutting the prices. That's a nice color combo too. I still haven't gotten a good look at one in the flesh

I actually thought it must be an SRT and not a GTS from the price but its crazy with that $15k rebate that Dodge did and cutting the prices. That's a nice color combo too. I still haven't gotten a good look at one in the flesh

Ive seen two in person now and I like the design. The black one I saw looked very sleek,low and wide.

Wonder what you'll be able to pick one up a year from now for?

• 1 month later...
Will he interesting to see what these are priced out when they come out. Does look very good.

I thought the viper was dead?

I thought the viper was dead?

Nope, and the sales are up like 200% in the last couple months. The $15k price drop really lit them on fire.

From what I've seen lately, people are getting 138 sticker cars for low 90s. There is supposed to be a hellcat beater in the works for the Viper with more hp. If I got rid of the Diablo, a 2013+ Viper is one of the few things I would replace it with.

From what I've seen lately, people are getting 138 sticker cars for low 90s. There is supposed to be a hellcat beater in the works for the Viper with more hp. If I got rid of the Diablo, a 2013+ Viper is one of the few things I would replace it with.

Everything I've been told by some inside sources is it's getting a blower. :icon_super:

I was in a '14 TA a couple weeks ago and it's one fcuking hell of a car. I love the Gen II GTS and this one pushes all the same buttons.

Everything I've been told by some inside sources is it's getting a blower. :icon_super:

I was in a '14 TA a couple weeks ago and it's one fcuking hell of a car. I love the Gen II GTS and this one pushes all the same buttons.

Exactly. Honestly, I love the Gen 2 more BUT the main itch I'm having lately is that the newest vehicle I have, n 9 t including the bike, is damn near 10 years old. I want a break from wrenching. But I'm also very intrigued about a possible Ford GT successor so I'm holding off.

Exactly. Honestly, I love the Gen 2 more BUT the main itch I'm having lately is that the newest vehicle I have, n 9 t including the bike, is damn near 10 years old. I want a break from wrenching. But I'm also very intrigued about a possible Ford GT successor so I'm holding off.

I'm with you, I've been looking to get back into a GTS for a while but the idea of a warranty, AC that kicks ass, etc is sure appealing at times. AKA something the wife will complain less about. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm with you, I've been looking to get back into a GTS for a while but the idea of a warranty, AC that kicks ass, etc is sure appealing at times. AKA something the wife will complain less about. :icon_mrgreen:

Yep! I saw some other pictures with alcantara interior too. I don't know who makes the blower they are using on the hellcats, TVS? I wonder if it is the same one. Was hoping Paxton would have come out with a kit by now.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a ride in a friends SRT who took full advantage of the deep discounts offered a few months back. The interior is so much better than the previous generations from a materials and visual perspective. The one thing I would say is the interior dimensions seam very similar to my GTS which makes sense due to the similar shape. For those that have never owned a GTS, the interior is cozy for two larger dudes and that holds true for the 2013+ as well. From a power perspective it is very quick. No complaints about the get up and go and if I owned one I would just do headers, intake and a tune.

+1 on wanting a "new" toy car that does not require wrenches. I am not ready to part with my GTS, but if I were I would definitely get a Gen V.

• 5 months later...