Team Salamone's Aventador up for sale

Robster Craws

Aside from the perceived value loss (which if bought correctly would be negated come time to sell it anyway), why would folks be scared of a 22k mile Aventador? Personally, I'm confident these cars were engineered and built to last. The PO is an enthusiast, thus, he would understand the value and importance of proper maintenance vs someone who buys it for pure image.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it goes for full asking price.

not likely bro, used cars dont go for asking in this day and age. Plus 389k is too high for 22k miles.

Aside from the perceived value loss (which if bought correctly would be negated come time to sell it anyway), why would folks be scared of a 22k mile Aventador? Personally, I'm confident these cars were engineered and built to last. The PO is an enthusiast, thus, he would understand the value and importance of proper maintenance vs someone who buys it for pure image.

the issue isnt really the milage, its the right price for a 22k mile aventador

currently there are 2 compareable cars for sale; a 2012 bianco isis coupe with 5,730 miles for $384,900 and a 2012 arancio argos coupe (same color as salamones) with 7,175 miles for $385,999. now these 2 cars have been listed and theres no line waiting to buy them. salamones car a 2012 with 22k miles is listed for 389,988.

i think a fair price for salamones aventador is $370,000, but it will be a problem to sell for that price with that milage, theres just better examples out there and im sure someone who is really in the market isnt going to want to buy a high mileage car unless its got a big discount.

with how well these cars hold up and how much drivers are finally driving them, in time mileage isn't going to be as big of a factor as it is now. However it will take a discount for anyone to take it with other like cars with much less miles going for the same $.

I bet it goes for full asking price.

Only way it goes for that is if Concubine has a stalker.

I dont see how ANYONE in their right mind would offer anywhere near the asking price knowing there are 5k mile cars out there, in better color combos for a lower ASKING price that haven't sold. They are producing shitloads of these cars, and they will depreciate quickly. They built 4000 Murcielagos total.... They have already built over half that amount in 2 years with the Aventador. And anyone who knows the car, is not going to believe it was babied, 22k miles worth of rallies, shows, pics of people sitting on top of it etc, combined with the fact that it needed the entire transmission replaced. From our experience at the Esperienza event, all of the Aventadors seemed to be experiencing issues with far less miles on the clock.

Only way it goes for that is if Concubine has a stalker.

I dont see how ANYONE in their right mind would offer anywhere near the asking price knowing there are 5k mile cars out there, in better color combos for a lower ASKING price that haven't sold. They are producing shitloads of these cars, and they will depreciate quickly. They built 4000 Murcielagos total.... They have already built over half that amount in 2 years with the Aventador. And anyone who knows the car, is not going to believe it was babied, 22k miles worth of rallies, shows, pics of people sitting on top of it etc, combined with the fact that it needed the entire transmission replaced. From our experience at the Esperienza event, all of the Aventadors seemed to be experiencing issues with far less miles on the clock.

:iamwithstupid:

I think there is someone out there who will want that car. Chromed out and all. We will see. I understand everyone thinking that I am crazy to think that, and I'm not saying it makes sense, but stranger things happen.

How many other used 2012 Aventador's get discussed on every forum, auto blogs, car websites, etc. when they come up for sale?

I think there is someone out there who will want that car. Chromed out and all. We will see. I understand everyone thinking that I am crazy to think that, and I'm not saying it makes sense, but stranger things happen.

Oh I agree, stranger things have happened! If they get all the money, good for them. Its just not going to be from me! I must admit, yest @ 289K, there was a good chance of them getting a call from me today, but then again, I was gonna offer $250k :icon_mrgreen:

Bryan always shows up last on an event drive never abuses or drives the car hard, as hovik said he reves it put's on loud music at times and get's his 9pm bj :bj:

Oh I agree, stranger things have happened! If they get all the money, good for them. Its just not going to be from me! I must admit, yest @ 289K, there was a good chance of them getting a call from me today, but then again, I was gonna offer $250k :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_super:

You don't fit the description of the "someone" I was talking about. :icon_mrgreen:

If I was in the market for an Avent with these miles, it would need to be in the low $300's to make it appealing. Even if it was priced in the mid 3's, I would rather put out another $20-30k for one with much less miles.

I was there in Italy when the trans failed. Lamborghini took great care of the car putting he new gear box in and going over it at the factory to like new. As I bet it was / is one of the highest miles cars out there that has come to the factory for a freshen up. Plus Motors dont even "come in" until 30K miles so whats the beef here? Not high miles at all... But I agree a black light inspection may prove interesting LOL

No question the US has a mileage stigma with exotics that isn't going away anytime soon even though the cars are actually much better made today. It's funny when buying a Porsche or Benz 20 or 30k is nothing but then when looking for an exotic we all have a low ceiling when it comes to buying used unless it is way below a similar low mile car. Like Alan said, when there are many of the same year,color cars to choose from there is no good reason to take a high mile example.

It's not so much the miles, because these cars do get stronger with mileage. Has more to do with the asking price. For sure if the price is reasonable, this car will not last long at all, even with the higher miles.

Sorry it was a misprint: correction was made asap

the car is actually in perfect condition with 22k miles, its pretty much been followed its whole life so if anything were ever to happen to it im more than sure it would have been online!!! every service is up to date and performed at the dealer, new clutch, really this has to be one of the most famous and world traveled aventador ever. visit www.interstatemotorsport.com for info?

IMG_7480.JPG

You correct but I think it was more than a new clutch, higher mileage but it was all sorted at the factory, wish him good luck with the sale.

new clutch and updated gear box at the factory! WoW plus every service there before leaving

Sorry guys, when I said I was guessing the price was a misprint, I actually meant I knew it was a misprint. I like how several people jumped in to say that it made sense, lol, car is still worth over 300k even with 22k miles.

yes i agree well over $300k i do believe with this particular car the history, awards, and meticulous care/ maintenance/ the chrome really sets this one from the rest, some love it some hate it , but then again some people climb mountains and others date them ha

I am sure that Team Salamone is still in the game, maybe just taking a breathe after a busy year and getting ready for his roadster delivery! I think he still has his Gallardo as well?

gallardo i have its also a really nice but driven car

IMG_0332.JPG

1/4 of those miles are probably during my events and other than revving the car for the crowd's amusement Bryan always took very good care of the car. He's not a fast driver, so those aren't hard miles. The car had wraps from the very beginning which means paint is in great condition.

It's a good buy for somebody who wants an Aventador and plans to continue to put miles on it.

I agree, it won't be on the market for too long.

thanks Hovik your event looked great as always!!! no matter how many times one may pass bryan on the road when he shows up he always gets the front parking spot, you know the car its in excellent shape and its never been beat on, the film is removable but why change it , the guy that will buy this car will not mind paying the premium for its popularity, history, and cool look

www.interstatemotorsport.com

thanks Hovik your event looked great as always!!! no matter how many times one may pass bryan on the road when he shows up he always gets the front parking spot, you know the car its in excellent shape and its never been beat on, the film is removable but why change it , the guy that will buy this car will not mind paying the premium for its popularity, history, and cool look

That may hold true for a '57 Chevy with some miles on it, but a car savvy person buying a $300+k car is not going to pay a premium for a "Team Salamone" car, or even a Beyoncé or anyone for that matter.