Who wants to get angry?

Allan-Herbie

Someone has been watching Will McAvoys rant in "The Newsroom" a little too much....

That's the problem when you let HBO be your directive and thinking "The Daily Show" is a news source.

Idiots.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name a better country.

The Swiss and the Scandinavian countries have higher levels of happiness, lower crime, better environments, and less bullshit like this. I was mostly venting from this video - which set me off. Of course being born and raised here I'm a bit biased towards my own country and love it here, but I don't think we are critical enough of our own nation but view the problem as "someone else's." ex. : It's 'THEIR' problem, "Those people", or "If only they did this... everything would be better."

Blind nationalism is a dangerous thing. I think we have some SERIOUS room for improvement and don't think we deserve the "A+" that everyone seems to think we deserve, without working for it and without wanting to put any skin in the game.

No country in the world has the potential to be "the greatest in the world" like the United States. EVERY country has it's fair share of screwed up sick people, show me one that doesn't, and I'll show you a liar.

The problem is the entitlement state that is perpetuated in the US and around the globe that creates these pockets of garbage. Meet with, interact and talk to real down to earth hard-working Americans and you'll see the greatest collective of people in the world. The silent majority is often overlooked because the crying minority of people are too busy whining.

Agree with potential 100%. Glad I'm starting off here and not elsewhere for my business. I think we have a higher proportion of screwed up sick people - for a civilized Western nation, that is.

I think it's wrong to point the finger directly at entitlements and make that the "enemy" of progress or Western civilization as we know it. Entitlements is a broad phrase and tossed around quite frequently - the meaning can change from person to person. The mass media perpetuates this image of the proverbial loser sucking off welfare, food stamps, and disability - all while enjoying the best flat screen, wheels, and bullshit money can buy. Sure this stuff happens, but it's not where our attention should be focused. Cutting that loser off the gravy train won't fix the problem, it will just delay it and create new ones.

Lots of countries have entitlement/social welfare programs, and are effective to varying degrees. Whether they should exist is a serious debate in this country (and one that goes nowhere fast). I don't think that entitlements or the system of entitlements are pulling us down and creating some hood rats who beat on school teachers. Whoever said that most black men are raised without a father is the alarming issue here. I honestly think education and family structure (or lack thereof or shitty to begin with for both) are the principle concerns for us.

Someone has been watching Will McAvoys rant in "The Newsroom" a little too much....

Never seen it. Sorry to disappoint. But I can extrapolate and assume I sounded like an angry liberal.

I knew I was hitting the hornet's nest with a baseball bat (yet again). I'm sure as shit quite alone in my opinion on this board, but hey - I enjoy debate. I'm not trying to throw things against the wall to see if they stick, though. Nor am I simply a loudspeaker for other people's opinions. I do my own research, read books, read international news, and form my own opinions. I could easily go for the throat and make the obvious - "turn off Fox News" comment, but that isn't really playing hardball, it's just being dickish.

Again, this isn't a black/white issue (no pun intended), it's not easily or quickly fixed. Lots of quick fixes get sold to us and we are told that there are two sides to this issue - but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Just my .02. I'll be waiting with my firesuit on. :drunk:

The Swiss and the Scandinavian countries have higher levels of happiness, lower crime, better environments, and less bullshit like this.

Blind nationalism is a dangerous thing.

I don't know that those countries are better than the US. They are also small fairly inbred countries. I certainly wouldn't want to live in those places over the US.

My nationalism isn't blind. This is still the land of opportunity where ANYONE can rise to the top. Sure we have a lot of bullshit, but I'm sure the studies read don't publish what the BS is in those countries. Such as:

This fucker:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/norway-shoot...ory?id=17072142

I'm with Allan... Doesn't really matter who they are.. If they are doing stupid shit like this they need to get lined up.. When one of them gets killed because someone protects themselves that's when Al Sharpton is going to get involved

stupid fcuking fucks. seems like there really is no damn hope for the next generation and society.

The Swiss and the Scandinavian countries have higher levels of happiness, lower crime, better environments, and less bullshit like this. I was mostly venting from this video - which set me off. Of course being born and raised here I'm a bit biased towards my own country and love it here, but I don't think we are critical enough of our own nation but view the problem as "someone else's." ex. : It's 'THEIR' problem, "Those people", or "If only they did this... everything would be better."

Blind nationalism is a dangerous thing. I think we have some SERIOUS room for improvement and don't think we deserve the "A+" that everyone seems to think we deserve, without working for it and without wanting to put any skin in the game.

Agree with potential 100%. Glad I'm starting off here and not elsewhere for my business. I think we have a higher proportion of screwed up sick people - for a civilized Western nation, that is.

I think it's wrong to point the finger directly at entitlements and make that the "enemy" of progress or Western civilization as we know it. Entitlements is a broad phrase and tossed around quite frequently - the meaning can change from person to person. The mass media perpetuates this image of the proverbial loser sucking off welfare, food stamps, and disability - all while enjoying the best flat screen, wheels, and bullshit money can buy. Sure this stuff happens, but it's not where our attention should be focused. Cutting that loser off the gravy train won't fix the problem, it will just delay it and create new ones.

Lots of countries have entitlement/social welfare programs, and are effective to varying degrees. Whether they should exist is a serious debate in this country (and one that goes nowhere fast). I don't think that entitlements or the system of entitlements are pulling us down and creating some hood rats who beat on school teachers. Whoever said that most black men are raised without a father is the alarming issue here. I honestly think education and family structure (or lack thereof or shitty to begin with for both) are the principle concerns for us.

Never seen it. Sorry to disappoint. But I can extrapolate and assume I sounded like an angry liberal.

I knew I was hitting the hornet's nest with a baseball bat (yet again). I'm sure as shit quite alone in my opinion on this board, but hey - I enjoy debate. I'm not trying to throw things against the wall to see if they stick, though. Nor am I simply a loudspeaker for other people's opinions. I do my own research, read books, read international news, and form my own opinions. I could easily go for the throat and make the obvious - "turn off Fox News" comment, but that isn't really playing hardball, it's just being dickish.

Again, this isn't a black/white issue (no pun intended), it's not easily or quickly fixed. Lots of quick fixes get sold to us and we are told that there are two sides to this issue - but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Just my .02. I'll be waiting with my firesuit on. :drunk:

You think too much.

It's not as straight forward, there are plenty of ingredients required and there are ALWAYS pros and cons, there are tonnes of awesome places on this planet and plenty of shitholes, what does define a better country? the quantity of shitholes V awesome places ? the number of scumbags V decent people? etc.

A great country for me would be, a country who has a business man as a leader, low taxes, hot weather, no speed limits, cheap Lambos, cheap fuel and insurance, no butt inspections during routine traffic stop, Assman find that for me please :icon_mrgreen:

It's not as straight forward, there are plenty of ingredients required and there are ALWAYS pros and cons, there are tonnes of awesome places on this planet and plenty of shitholes, what does define a better country? the quantity of shitholes V awesome places ? the number of scumbags V decent people? etc.

A great country for me would be, a country who has a business man as a leader, low taxes, hot weather, no speed limits, cheap Lambos, cheap fuel and insurance, no butt inspections during routine traffic stop, Assman find that for me please :icon_mrgreen:

Here it is. :icon_thumleft:

where are the roads for the no speed limit bit, which by the way is the most important prerequisite :eusa_wall:

Come to think of it, if we had no speed limits here it would be the best place on earth :icon_thumleft:

I dont agree. All three of these victims in the video were alone and paying no attention to their surroundings or people around them. Thats why they were singled out in the first place. Criminals ALWAYS choose the weakest and most defenseless looking victims. Just like predators in the wild. Carry a gun everywhere, and pay attention to whats going on around you 360 degrees at all times. It helps tremendously. Can it still happen? Yes. The general population thinks crime only happens to others and walk around with their cell phone in hand and head in the clouds. Thats when you find yourself involuntarily in a game of Knock Out, or someone snatching you wife's purse, etc.

Oh come on, like you could do anything to stop them.

It's happens within a milisecond, you couldn't even pull out your gun or step away and dodge them. Especially if you get hit from behind.

where are the roads for the no speed limit bit, which by the way is the most important prerequisite :eusa_wall:

Come to think of it, if we had no speed limits here it would be the best place on earth :icon_thumleft:

Your Lambos are too expensive as are your taxes.

Also, I have an idea for the perfect country.

We'll call it Fortopia.

Step 1.

buy large island

Step 2.

( You know what's coming)

IMG_2735.jpg

You right about the Lambos and taxes, somebody has to pay for the kids who were sitting at the back of the class :icon_mrgreen:

I'd go for the island idea but I am way too lazy to deal with the infrastructure required and I need to be close to entertainment, shopping, etc. you see, there is no perfect country!!

The Swiss and the Scandinavian countries have higher levels of happiness, lower crime, better environments, and less bullshit like this. "

How the fcuk you can compare the policies of a tiny, mostly white, 8,000,00 person country to a nation of enormous size consisting every ethnenticy, religion, a huge amount of first generation immigrants and 313,000,000 people is beyond me.

There are individual cities in different states that have larger populations then the Swiss.

You couldn't possibly say because something works there it works here.

First couple minutes are interesting with the Dem from Florida who couldnt even remember the white girls name.

Reverse racism is RAMPANT in the US.

Its incredible how far we have come on racism, yet, how far we still are away to everyone being equal due to STUPIDITY. There are low class losers in every race/ethnicity

Its incredible how far we have come on racism, yet, how far we still are away to everyone being equal due to STUPIDITY. There are low class losers in every race/ethnicity

I couldn't agree more.

First couple minutes are interesting with the Dem from Florida who couldnt even remember the white girls name.

Reverse racism is RAMPANT in the US.

I blame the lack of parenting, and the over sensitivity of being PC towards them.

Name a better country.

The top are Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway and Finland. These are better also.... Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Iceland, and Greenland.

The top are Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway and Finland. These are better also.... Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Iceland, and Greenland.

Top in what respect?

Education, health care, mental health, quality of life and normal mentality to name a few.

I'd like to see where the education gets their countries. I know the health care numbers are skewed. The rest are basically being best in mediocrity.

Don't everyone turn this into a "my country is better than your country" thread.

These piece of garbage waste of humans, no matter what color, race, nationality, sex etc, do not deserve the time or credit for getting all our backs against the wall to where we want to argue each other based on where we were born. My only hope is that some friggin Porter-ninja sees them coming and the next video we watch is one or more of these bums winding up to swing and next thing you know their intestines are outside their body wrapped around their neck.