How often do you drive your car? (Surprised to see many low mileage cars!!)

sonict

As much as I can. I put about 6k miles a year on it. These cars love to be driven, and the more the better. I bought my roadster with ultra low mileage and had to replace front diff seals, the steering rack, front lift lines, trans output seal, and e-gear actuator. All the seals were leaking. The car had 600 miles on it. Driven it 10K miles since, no issues. Also had a GAllardo, drove it 25k miles in 3 years. Other then oil changes not a single issue. Better getting a car driven regularly with care and maintained then a garage queen.

As much as I can. These cars love to be driven, and the more the better.

:iamwithstupid:

We don't drive ours in the winter - but figuring a 7 month season (with zero road chemicals) we've put an average of about 5000 miles per season.

I would drive it year round (with snow tires) but hubby objects. In the winter it may go for a brief spin around the neighborhood if roads are perfectly clean - but that's about it.

as much as I can. although used the ZR1 more, as the SV is the special one. ZR1 put 30k km over 3 summers; while also still put 11k kms on the SV over 2 summers (one while I lived in Switz, and one summer while living in Dubai; so thats not bad going!).

crucial part is the maintenance; I make sure they are service thoroughly and often, and yearly full oil & liquid changes.

In the 4 years I've had the car, it was not working for about a year total, I've put on about 11k. This year I definitely wasn't driving it as much except for Bullfest in May. As long as roads are decent I drive it year round though

Not so often as I should unfortunately, mainly because I have been so bored of the V10 models (I've had 8 Lambos/R8s)

I guess I need something really new to spark up the flame again... :turboalex:

As much as I can. I put about 6k miles a year on it. These cars love to be driven, and the more the better. I bought my roadster with ultra low mileage and had to replace front diff seals, the steering rack, front lift lines, trans output seal, and e-gear actuator. All the seals were leaking. The car had 600 miles on it. Driven it 10K miles since, no issues. Also had a GAllardo, drove it 25k miles in 3 years. Other then oil changes not a single issue. Better getting a car driven regularly with care and maintained then a garage queen.

I heard about that....thank god you bought that car before I could

how often do you drive your car? not sure how most keep from putting mileage on the cars. surprised to see so many low mileage vehicles out there.

I have 6 cars and 4 motorcycles so even if I drove them all regularly i still don't put a lot of miles on. I suspect many on here have multiple cars as well

7-8 months a year. I have a few cars, so not many miles on any

:iamwithstupid: Not as many as you John...but a similar situation.

In addition to the 5K on the Lambo each season - I put over 8K on the Cayman R this season (May-Oct) and the zeeeoooosix probably 3K. My DD is getting 6-7K/year. Hubby's DD hardly ever leaves the garage. Since we got the Cayman - the Lambo and zeeooosix don't go out as much. I love all of them.

I put 20,000 miles on my LP560 this year and wished I could have put more on!

FOR. THE. WIN.

#madprops

how often do you drive your car? not sure how most keep from putting mileage on the cars. surprised to see so many low mileage vehicles out there.

Imo, it is part of a mindset that is specific to N/A that I will never understand. I know people that have 20 year old exotics with 4 or 5000 miles on the odometer and they are not multiple vehicle owners.

I drive all my cars as much as possible weather permitting. I drove my Gallardo throughout the CDN winters and it was pretty good.

Daily when home. I have been traveling for work the last 13 days, got home (I love my fiancé and pussy) and got in the car and nothing I miss more.

I don't drive mine that often. I work from home, so just leaving the house is a major chore. I have 7 cars at home and 2 kids so usually driving one of the sports cars doesn't make much sense. In NC there really isn't any time that you can't drive the cars, even in Dec or Jan it will heat up to 60 on a couple of days. I have put about 1500 miles on one of my Vipers in about 6 years. I am out of space at my house so one of my Vipers is parked at a buddies shop, and I haven't even seen the car in 4-5 months, but I have driven that car three times in 2 years.

Daily when home. I have been traveling for work the last 13 days, got home (I love my fiancé and pussy) and got in the car and nothing I miss more.

Your fiancé has a cat?

This is a very interesting question: I think the problem is not so much the owner as much as the haters and the destination.

For each thumbs up and smile there are 10 haters.

Destination because people will always put there hands on it in some manner.

This why I take mine out in the wee hours of a Saturday or Sunday morning, just drive aimlessly for and hour or two.

...also, people love when your driving but haters when it's parked somewhere.

The quick few seconds are shocking to them on the road. But when they're parked people are like "so cool, incredible, awesome" BUT buy the time they leave then you hear the "must be nice", "someone's got money", "oh, the 1%".

This is a very interesting question: I think the problem is not so much the owner as much as the haters and the destination.

For each thumbs up and smile there are 10 haters.

Destination because people will always put there hands on it in some manner.

This why I take mine out in the wee hours of a Saturday or Sunday morning, just drive aimlessly for and hour or two.

My experience is the opposite of yours. We still don't leave it alone anywhere. If we park someplace we are close by or within sight.

But in 3 driving seasons I can count on one hand the "hater" comments. The overwhelming majority of people are excited to see the car and want to know something about it (I rarely get questions about ME unless they ask if it's my husband's car).

On the few occasions where we have taken the car on trips and left it parked overnight - or taken it someplace and walked away - it's been fine.

Yea, in almost 2 years of ownership I've had maybe 2 or 3 haters. And countless hundreds if not thousands of excited people.

I drive mine daily when I get done working, but that's only accounted for about 10,000miles. Literally zero issues. Just oil changes!!