Testing out my new toy at Niagara Falls

Hovik

3rd time flying it, ever. lol

I was very nervous flying it over the water, but all worked out at the end.

Still need to do lots of work to get the footage to be smooth and stable, but pretty happy with first results...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hovik. You need to get a gimbal on that thing. I love them. That is what I use for our aerial shots but with a brushless gimbal and OMG... no OMFG. Short of getting a helicopter, this is pretty neat. The gimbal will get rid of the vibrations of the rotors that you can even full compensate for in post production. Nice footage for sure.

Nice my friend is a partner in that company, trying to line up a new one myself to video some better Jirre footage :)

Gimbal and carbon fiber props are on the list to get.

At the moment I just found a bracket I can use to fly my Sony Action Cam vs GoPro. Sony's got built-in image stabilization so hopefully it'll dial out some of the vibrations and shakiness. Testing it out tomorrow at an off roading trip...

Do share some of your videos... it's a totally new thing for me, so trying to learn as much as possible. I just got it last week.

was great to see,

but too much chopping and changing between cameras, would be nice to see it just get up and go.

was great to see,

but too much chopping and changing between cameras, id love to see it just get up and go.

Will try to oblige for the next video...

Great!

Niagara Falls is beautiful year round but winter is one of the best seasons. Looks like the American side. Did you get over to Horseshoe Falls and take footage there?

Either way - was fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

You are lucky DHS didn't shoot it down! JK JK. Very cool!

PS. When did you go with the new channel? I am a sub on your car channel...I guess that is DFC or something like that. You always turn out nice videos so I want to make sure I am subbed to wherever you post them.

Will try to oblige for the next video...

Yeah, I was like "OMG, this is so exciting, it's taking off......wait....OMG, this is so exciting it's taking off....wait, OMG, this is so exciting it's taking off....stop taking off you bastard" :)

Very cool though. I'm sure this will make for some awesome videos in all kinds of situations.

Very cool perspective on an awesome natural site. I'd be nervous that I would lose the thing over the falls.

Did anyone say anything to you or give you a hard time about flying it?

Nope, there were cops and an ambulance parked about 300 feet away from where I was. I don't know if they saw me or not, but nobody said anything, thankfully...

You are lucky DHS didn't shoot it down! JK JK. Very cool!

PS. When did you go with the new channel? I am a sub on your car channel...I guess that is DFC or something like that. You always turn out nice videos so I want to make sure I am subbed to wherever you post them.

DFC channel is videos related to DFC events and car stuff... didn't want to add a video that had nothing to do with cars to that channel so uploaded it under my name. Thanks for the kind words, I try!

nice video, a guy had one of those at the Nissan GT-R track day, flying it over the road course, a gust of wind put it down in the middle of the race track and a GT-R ran it over at 130 MPH....

photo_22.JPG

Ouch... that sucks.

I've hit a tree and had a couple of rough landings so far, but no serious damage.

I had a super close call yesterday when I was flying over rocks filming 4x4s and didn't notice the battery light turn red. It hovered for a couple of seconds and wouldn't respond to any input. As advertised it started slowly descending to land and I had to literally run to catch it mid air before it landed on those rocks which would have definitely resulted in damage.

does it return to you automatically when it's low on battery or becomes out of range as it says?

Ouch... that sucks.

I've hit a tree and had a couple of rough landings so far, but no serious damage.

I had a super close call yesterday when I was flying over rocks filming 4x4s and didn't notice the battery light turn red. It hovered for a couple of seconds and wouldn't respond to any input. As advertised it started slowly descending to land and I had to literally run to catch it mid air before it landed on those rocks which would have definitely resulted in damage.