My SV hits the dyno

D.Wiggs

Patiently waiting for the end results. GL with everything wiggs. I was a hater at first then realized that its your car, to hell what we all think. Liking the updates!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone!

We buttoned it up on the stock clutch because we have been able to do countless hours of driving and tuning on it that we still wouldn't have even started now and we had waited long enough.

Also, so much of the tuning can be done with W/G pressure so the stock clutch was fine. It works out additionally well because we can also see how everything is performing now that everything has had a lot of heat and load through it.

The old OEM clutch gave out more because of the ridiculous TQ that was building, not so much the HP. It was already up 170ft./lbs and climbing fast. :icon_mrgreen:

The old OEM clutch gave out more because of the ridiculous TQ that was building, not so much the HP. It was already up 170ft./lbs and climbing fast. :icon_mrgreen:

:eusa_think: :lol2:

Stock is ~490 ft-lbs. Up 170 is far from ridiculous TQ.

It did seem he was implying the clutch was already under a lot of other abuse. At that point an extra 170ft-lbs would be excessive.. Hopefully he can clarify.

Stock was 439, so it was up 40%. That is a LOT. And it was climbing fast. That's asking way too much from an 11,000 mile, former E-Gear clutch.

1090959[/url]']

For comparison sake, on March-2010 SP was able to reliably run 660TQ with AWD config on stock clutch & egear, on a LP-640.

Shows you how little was left on the stock clutch.

Dunno, but I would think common sense would of told the NASA engineers that the stock clutch was certainly going to let loose, and that the work required to pull the motor yet again to replace it would not warrant the time saved by getting able to do a dyno run.

Dunno, but I would think common sense would of told the NASA engineers that the stock clutch was certainly going to let loose, and that the work required to pull the motor yet again to replace it would not warrant the time saved by getting able to do a dyno run.

3 1/2 months of tuning vs. 30 hours to swap the clutch. I'll take the tuning!

3 1/2 months of tuning vs. 30 hours to swap the clutch. I'll take the tuning!

3 1/2 months of just tuning? Has it been that long? :turboalex:

Two NASA, Hexagonal weeks. :icon_mrgreen:

I wanna live in NASA weeks! Id only be 12 years old! All I know is that with both your cars we argued forever.. The First was going to be under 3000lbs or something like that, and I said Never... And the second you said would be done in 8 weeks, several years ago. I think you announced summer of 2012 the car was finished AFTER like a year of working on it? So we are now going on three years.... Just sayin :eusa_dance:

Anyways, hope to see it done soon. I cant wait for impending war with UGR..thats going to make for great threads!

Low flowing heads would only be hindered further by trying to spin that hard. Not knowing if they have changed main/rod bearing sizes it's hard to say what the issues will be, but in stock configuration I don't think it would be happy with those bearing speeds regardless of load.

For all the $$ and effort involved I honestly hope it performs. But I'm with you, I see a lot of issues that would be impossible to work around, crank flex due to length being one of them.

I agree. Specifically on the heads my point was there is no reason to spin to 10,000 RPM for that power goal with a sufficient head, so my assumption was the heads are insufficient and it's trying to be made up with sheer force of pushing as much air through a straw as possible, hence the RPM. I have no doubt the curve will flatten out in with the quickness once the heads can't keep up anymore. 8,500-9000 RPM is more than ample for 2000whp on a big V12 with 2 turbos strapped to it with an adequate longblock/intake.

I just feel bad for that crank, I at least hope it has a girdle or something, but I just don't see the bearings keeping up at a minimum (over time). Anyone can make a big power pull..once, it's doing it over and over that is the sauce.

Just my observation, I'd love to hear what's been done to stop it, just not a whole lot of info on the build.

Add me to the camp that doesnt understand why you would button up the car knowing that the clutch was going to go bye bye at 30% of your intended output, but then again, this whole thing has been confusing to me from day one. :lol:

this.

I've been following on FB and found this site randomly as of recent. Such is life on the Interweb as a new member :hs:

Anyways, hope to see it done soon. I cant wait for impending war with UGR..thats going to make for great threads!

David has my contact. I am awaiting his text/e-mail telling me to meet up half way to get a grudge run in. I am ready when you are, David. WIll be nice to finally meet you and see this beast in action! :icon_thumleft:

• 1 month later...