My SV hits the dyno

D.Wiggs

I started with a play on your humorous clutch description as a joke. So who's really provoking drama here? I'm just reading along and defending myself.

Poor Gentry... :crybaby2:

I'm so sorry you were upset by what I said.

You are definitely the victim in all of this.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man get rid of the Stig I much more enjoyed the ecclesiastical arguments :icon_mrgreen:

There you go stirring the pot! :lol2:!!

I started with a play on your humorous clutch description as a joke. So who's really provoking drama here? I'm just reading along and defending myself.

If you were just reading along you'd have nothing to defend yourself from, give the guy a break you honestly sound like a broken record, the minute he posts you are here "reading" then having to defend yourself :rolleyes:

If I was part of the moderating team I'd make sure your "just reading along" wish would be granted :icon_thumleft:

Done as in we did our part. Not done as in, we have the working model in hand. And it's a triple disc.

We had waited long enough and didn't feel like waiting anymore. The car had to come apart anyway; why wouldn't you get some tuning out of it first??

I love how people complain that the project is taking too long and now complain about "why wouldn't you wait?" :lol2:

I was simply trying to wrap my head around it. I can understand your logic. I didn't know anything needed to come back out. No complaining, it's your car not mine. I'm just interested, you're invested. If there's one thing this project has taught everyone, including me, it's how to be patient. :icon_mrgreen:

I was simply trying to wrap my head around it. I can understand your logic. I didn't know anything needed to come back out. No complaining, it's your car not mine. I'm just interested, you're invested. If there's one thing this project has taught everyone, including me, it's how to be patient. :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

-General Notice-

For those of you interested in questions and answers, by all means, ask away, but I don't want to deal with a bunch of "Brand New Members" posting like they've been around forever or know of some "inside knowledge" and aren't willing to share. So play nice everyone.

Seen this thread back on recent......and it was just mostly ignorant comments.

Looking forward to seeing the progress, from someone who understand try and try again.....

It will all be worth it, when you finish with this project!

That's when all the negative ones go silent.......and it's a pretty good feeling!

(by negative ones I mean all the shit talking douchebags) :fplasma:

LP drama 4life.

D.Wiggs - Just wanted to say congratulations on getting one step closer. Excited to see further developments and the results. Also, f*** the haters. They are never the ones re-inviting the wheel. I follow a guy that's been building a 996 turbo going on 8 or 9 years and he's still a ways from being done!

Hope this thing has a billet crank, 6 pistons deep and 10,000 RPM (absolutely no need for 10,000 RPM unless you're just trying to make up for lack of heads), I see bearing issues when it comes to longevity. I'll tune in in a few months and see where it's at.

Low flowing heads would only be hindered further by trying to spin that hard. Not knowing if they have changed main/rod bearing sizes it's hard to say what the issues will be, but in stock configuration I don't think it would be happy with those bearing speeds regardless of load.

For all the $$ and effort involved I honestly hope it performs. But I'm with you, I see a lot of issues that would be impossible to work around, crank flex due to length being one of them.

The fact that David has these newb haters means he's doing something right.

:iamwithstupid:

If you want to lose faith in humanity in under 3 seconds go and read YouTube comments, I knew there were heaps of stupid people on this planet but I had no idea so many had Internet access.

:iamwithstupid:

If you want to lose faith in humanity in under 3 seconds go and read YouTube comments, I knew there were heaps of stupid people on this planet but I had no idea so many had Internet access.

Yeah, the term "smart phone" has definitely become a serious misnomer.

Do you have the e-gear or MT tranny in for the dyno run? I assuming e-gear but I'm not sure.

I am pretty sure he is running the MT but he can confirm. Good to see it coming along.

Is the SP TT LP640 running a stock Clutch on the E-Gear? Just curious as it seems like the power level was somewhat low for the clutch to go bye bye, but then again im purely speculating based on no actual experience with this! :icon_mrgreen:

Haters can hate.. All the real haters can't afford to put gas in their 1995 honda civic to make it to their part time job at Burger King.. That's about as much time as I will waste on those jack asses

D.Wiggs.. sounds sick! Can't wait for more. Nothing worth doing is ever done in 2 days. Keep it going man!

For the members who have started to post bullshit just to razz David, I am giving you guys notice, post 1 more and you are gone. I have had it with the nonsense.

Add me to the camp that doesnt understand why you would button up the car knowing that the clutch was going to go bye bye at 30% of your intended output, but then again, this whole thing has been confusing to me from day one. :lol: