Plastic mess-06 vs Huracan

fastlane

Whom here actually drove these cars in order to tell us which one they would prefer? Yeah I thought so.

Ridiculous fantasy thread, similar with the what would you do if you won lotto threads!

Allan keeps the entertainment going and you got to love him for that, when the Aventador came out in order for him to screw with everyone he was praising the hell out of the F458 now he's using the POS against the Huracan to do the same LOL

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whom here actually drove these cars in order to tell us which one they would prefer? Yeah I thought so.

Ridiculous fantasy thread, similar with the what would you do if you won lotto threads!

Allan keeps the entertainment going and you got to love him for that, when the Aventador came out in order for him to screw with everyone he was praising the hell out of the F458 now he's using the POS against the Huracan to do the same LOL

You misunderstand me. I never said the Plastic mess-06 is a better car than a Huracan. Only thing I said is that it may perform better. All I said is that it will make a great daily driver in auto form. Cheap, fast and fun. The Huracan is a whole other league of car. I wouldn't daily drive an 04 Gallardo let alone a Huracan. I don't want to deal with the hassle, worry etc. In the Plastic mess-06, just as the GTR, if something happens who cares, it's a Chevy!

As for the performance not mattering, I highly disagree. Lambo is supposed to be at the forefront of performance. In its market segment you have the 991 Turbo, the Mp4, e5c. You don't want to see your favorite team come home ranked third.

You also don't want to see articles titled as "world Leader" and see the Plastic mess-06 being at the forefront.

At times hard to convey in writing I guess but I understood exactly what you meant! Just busting chops :icon_mrgreen:

You want a cheap, fast, trash about car which you don't care about but many took it out of context and concluded that the new POS is a better car than the Huracan because of its alleged better performance, replace POS with the GTR and we could have the same conversation, which by default puts the POS against the GTR.

Unfortunately the Huracan will be a softer car and DD ing it won't be a problem from that POV, the issue is dealing with the drama which comes along with it, like worrying about parking it, kids standing on top of your roof taking photos, etc. etc. I fully sympathize with that and that's the reason why I hardly drive my exotics to places where I would have to leave them parked and unattended for long periods of time, being in the states and the POS being somewhat of a cult car there I think you might experience the same amount of unwanted attention as you would if you were to drive an exotic.

In relation to your team losing, nobody wants that but if it happens so be it, nothing I can do about it, you know for better or worse :icon_mrgreen: always stick with your team.

The GTR is a good example of that, I see the GTR being in the POS league, nobody stopped buying Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos because of the GTR, that's the point I was trying to make, these cars are in different leagues appealing to different customers for different reasons.

Now back to work for me and for you back to enjoying your holiday!!

Nobody's making excuses, however exciting it might be for you to trash talk the Huracan this discussion is redundant, most are stating the importance of speed within their own circumstances, based on the way they use their cars.

Trust me I lose no sleep over the fact that the POS might be faster than x, y and z, there are Hondas out there faster than the POS and the Lambo, I am not running out to buy them.

No trash talk, Fortis .... just stating the obvious: A car in the exotic class USED TO BE at the pinnacle of it's class, not an also-ran !! I'm certain you (personally) are not losing sleep about it, but some of these others here who are so status driven are going to feel pretty pathetic when a stock Z07 blows the doors off their Huracan at some stoplight. I recognized quite some time ago that companies like Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren are just riding on their former glory days when they were cottage industry manufacturers blowing the car world's mind. The rest of the performance pack has caught you and that is a fact!

For the record: I went with a buddy to look at Chevy's new sports car, and we both concluded that the interior was just as nice as the two Lamborghinis and the one McLaren, that I own. I will disagree with Alan's assessment on the Huracan "being a whole other league of car": It's got way too many styling points from the Lotus Esprit prototype, it uses the Chevrolet Magnetic Ride system (extra on the Lambo, when it's std. equipment with the Chevy!!!), and it has just as much plastic trim as any other car!

rampante, I understand your frustration and then I don't, who cares what design language the designers used or where they drew their inspirations from if you like what they came up with?

The Lotus concept was discussed, I've spent more than half hour gathering pictures and posting them for you in the other thread :icon_mrgreen: I guess you've missed it.

Whoever designed the Lotus concept clearly took cues from the Gallardo design, you know why? Because the damn thing looks like a Gallardo, of course now you see Huracan in it because the Huracan is the evolution of the timeless Gallardo design and it is stunning, maybe not to you but to more than 90% of the people who comment about it on the net.

Allan is right, the Huracan is in a completely different class, I don't get how you don't see it, it has nothing to do with performance etc. It's simply a fact, if a Timex can keep time a lot better, be more reliable, etc. than an AP for example that doesn't mean it automatically puts it in the same class, I haven't decided that, it is what it is, in order to convince yourself go and try sell a Timex for $100k on that basis.

You sold your Lambos and your McLaren in pristine condition with approx 3000 miles traveled, you don't strike me like the guy who would street race, run from light to light, do 1/4 mile and mile events why are you so concerned with statistics?Buy the car which appeals to you which in this instance is the POS and enjoy it in the best of health, the beauty is there is something out there for everyone, I hope your back is much better :icon_thumleft:

Fortis,

I did miss your post with the pictures of the Lotus. And, the old back is doing much better, thanks.

Donato Coco, whom I've had the pleasure to meet and speak with a few times, was the former Director of Concept Design at Ferrari and was the concept Esprit's stylist.

I'm not so sure that he scooped up the Gallardo's design when he did the Esprit concept .... It just might be the reverse. Because the Gallardo sure has the shape of all those Lotus Esprits of the past; that is what attracted me to it in the first place!

I wonder how much of Guigiaro's and Stevens' designs influenced Mr. Donckerwolk, when he worked on the Gallardo ??? :eusa_think:

Your Timex theory: I've found, over the years, that there is nothing that much better in any of these cars that are made today; they are all made by large corporations with cost cutting in mind and intermingled with parts from their cheaper cars.

Veblen goods are just not the same anymore. Peel back some of the layers in any high end car ... and underneath you will find pretty much the same crap as everyone else. They all play the same game. With consumers, this sometimes results in what's called the "Veblenian Paradox"

I say this tongue in cheek, my friend: There is an ass for every seat! :)

I am glad to hear your back is better, is it good enough to get back in an exotic? I hope it is!

I am sorry to say I don't have any idea on whom influenced whom when it comes to the design but as you know Gallardo was conceived before the Lotus concept, now that you've mentioned the older Lotuses I can sort of see what you are seeing but for me the similarities stop with the wedge shape, I generally don't read too much into things if I like how it looks, functions and how it makes me feel I go for it :icon_mrgreen:

I recognized quite some time ago that companies like Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren are just riding on their former glory days when they were cottage industry manufacturers blowing the car world's mind. The rest of the performance pack has caught you and that is a fact!

I don't agree and I don't think most will agree either. It's really taking the fastest version of the fastest car that GM builds (the ZO6 version of the Corvette) to rival the entry level lambo. And not even necessarily beat it either because depending on the bias and how you test them, different tests will show different results. And we are talking about the newest editions of the Lambo's too. No one updates their cars like Lambo does :lol2:

Couldn't agree more with the "performance has long since reached Good Enough". It's all about feel and the whole package. One of the nicest cars I've ever driven is still the 600hp CGT. By modern standards, that's nothing special in terms of performance. Yet the whole experience of driving that car is not even in the same universe as driving a corvette or a GTR. They could make a 800hp corvette and it'd be the same thing.

And as an owner of a 1100hp/3000 pound Agera, I can tell you that while the full throttle assault is a fun trick, it's a very small part of what makes that car amazing. It would be 99.7% as amazing even if it "only" had 600hp.

Couldn't agree more with the "performance has long since reached Good Enough". It's all about feel and the whole package. One of the nicest cars I've ever driven is still the 600hp CGT. By modern standards, that's nothing special in terms of performance. Yet the whole experience of driving that car is not even in the same universe as driving a corvette or a GTR. They could make a 800hp corvette and it'd be the same thing.

And as an owner of a 1100hp/3000 pound Agera, I can tell you that while the full throttle assault is a fun trick, it's a very small part of what makes that car amazing. It would be 99.7% as amazing even if it "only" had 600hp.

:icon_super:

:icon_thumleft:

and on that note..... End of thread!

I have to throw this in.....I really miss my 1998 Honda Prelude....no supercar and not a Plastic mess-06 but it was one of the funnest cars I have driven.

Only my Lambo has topped the feeling I used to get when driving my Prelude.

I don't agree and I don't think most will agree either. It's really taking the fastest version of the fastest car that GM builds (the ZO6 version of the Corvette) to rival the entry level lambo. And not even necessarily beat it either because depending on the bias and how you test them, different tests will show different results. And we are talking about the newest editions of the Lambo's too. No one updates their cars like Lambo does :lol2:

I'm willing to wait for the tests. Let's see what happens once they run these two cars head to head: Quarter mile, 0-60, 0-150, Nurburgring, etc., etc.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if the Z07 gets spanked by the Huracan.

BTW, I heard that the power and torque numbers are going to be quite a bit higher for the range topping Z07 option package (around 650hp) :eusa_dance: , than the ZO6 version's paltry 625hp/635tq. :shock:

We have some HEAVY HITTERS on this forum. I fcuking love everything about this place except Allan!

:iamwithstupid: I suspect this is one of the wealthiest forums on the net on an average user basis. I cannot think of one with more whales than LP.

We have some HEAVY HITTERS on this forum. I fcuking love everything about this place except Allan!

I agree with you!!!!!!!

I'm willing to wait for the tests. Let's see what happens once they run these two cars head to head: Quarter mile, 0-60, 0-150, Nurburgring, etc., etc.

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if the Z07 gets spanked by the Huracan.

BTW, I heard that the power and torque numbers are going to be quite a bit higher for the range topping Z07 option package (around 650hp) :eusa_dance: , than the ZO6 version's paltry 625hp/635tq. :shock:

You again are missing what is being said. We are comparing Chevy best to Lambos entry level? Lol.. yes but we are also comparing 80k to 250k.

And to again reiterate my point on performance. I don't think lambo is going to let the Huracan get beat by these other cars. I think in their own press they will downplay the cars numbers so as not to impose on the Aventador.

I think with new exotics parts of the mystique of exotic car ownership is gone. Back in the day when you had a Countach, it's myth was so much greater than the car itself. Today, buy a Veneno or a Veyron and 5 million people will tell you how a GTR will blow you away, so your car sucks.

There are rumors on the net that the Huracan lapped the ring faster than the Aventador.

I am assuming there is one way for Lambo to deal with that, Aventador facelift and power bump, no wonder they are scrambling offering current Aventador owners power upgrades for $2,300 or $2,500 if you are a dentist :icon_mrgreen:

I am sure the Huracan will be very impressive.

#1 ===> And to again reiterate my point on performance. I don't think lambo is going to let the Huracan get beat by these other cars. I think in their own press they will downplay the cars numbers so as not to impose on the Aventador.

#2 ===>I think with new exotics parts of the mystique of exotic car ownership is gone.

Alan,

No company wants their car to get beat but ...... Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. Like I said let's wait for the real tests to see the real story. I have no guarantees, whatsoever !! ;)

However, if the scuttlebutt that the Z07 version is to be rated even higher than the standard ZO6's power and torque ratings is true:

The 'dry' curb weight of the Huracan is listed at: 3135lbs // The 'dry' curb weight of the C7 is listed at: 3160lbs.

Lamborghini: 5.2 pounds/hp ......... If the Z07 gets their rumored 650hp, then it's 4.8 pounds/hp. (plus ~230lb-ft more torque !!!)

#2 ...... Is exactly what I have been saying: The mystic ain't what it used to be; people have wised up somewhat.

For the third time .... Let's wait for the future tests. I'm just scrutinizing the specs; no need for folks to get so miffed about a car you did not design. ;)

There are rumors on the net that the Huracan lapped the ring faster than the Aventador.

I am assuming there is one way for Lambo to deal with that, Aventador facelift and power bump, no wonder they are scrambling offering current Aventador owners power upgrades for $2,300 or $2,500 if you are a dentist :icon_mrgreen:

I am sure the Huracan will be very impressive.

:lol2:

Should we talk about the beating after both cars were tested or should we continue the my daddy will kick your daddy's ass discussion?