Finally Here!! LP720 Roadster

Lubejobs42

Wow, that is a very nice beast! Makes me want to spend some money and get one! (MUCH better than the 40th Anniversary color!!!!!)

Any feedback back yet on the 720 vs 700.... can you feel the power in the car, or too small to notice??

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

REBUILD???

It's a computer upgrade. It changes the mapping on the ecu to give it more HP. It also opens something on your exhaust (when you hit the sport mode button) and the exhaust gets loud. Loud like the upgrade exhaust on my coupe.

Call you local dealer and ask the service manager about the "Performance/ sound upgrade".

They can explain it much more intelligently then I can. :icon_mrgreen:

Lubejobs42 Congrats - as I stated in the Aventador thread - your car is absolutely stunning!

As to the power upgrade, it is my understanding that the factory exhaust sound tune increases both HP and torque by 8.5% in the rev range 2000-3000 RPM. I do not believe the factory says it increases max HP or torque, just enables the engine to produce more at the lower rev ranges by alleviating exhaust back pressure and adjusting valve timing. I could be wrong!

Lubejobs42 Congrats - as I stated in the Aventador thread - your car is absolutely stunning!

As to the power upgrade, it is my understanding that the factory exhaust sound tune increases both HP and torque by 8.5% in the rev range 2000-3000 RPM. I do not believe the factory says it increases max HP or torque, just enables the engine to produce more at the lower rev ranges by alleviating exhaust back pressure and adjusting valve timing. I could be wrong!

Yep. That is exactly what the software does.

Congrats! Looks great! I don't know why but all the time I was under the impression that you were getting a 50th Coupe.

We all know you like to peronalize your cars. Any plans for it?

REBUILD???

It's a computer upgrade. It changes the mapping on the ecu to give it more HP. It also opens something on your exhaust (when you hit the sport mode button) and the exhaust gets loud. Loud like the upgrade exhaust on my coupe.

Call you local dealer and ask the service manager about the "Performance/ sound upgrade".

They can explain it much more intelligently then I can. :icon_mrgreen:

75hp extra from only an ECU-map; on a naturally aspirated engine. no chance in hell.

75hp extra from only an ECU-map; on a naturally aspirated engine. no chance in hell.

:iamwithstupid:

Not happening. Better shot at walking on Mars.

I never said 75hp. The dealer said 55hp.

After everyone's comments I questioned them. They said it is 55 HP. They have done several cars and dynoed them to verify.

They said it's only active in the sport modes.

Either way it makes the car sound amazing! sounds the mufflers were removed and exhaust system added. Well worth the $2300!!!

It's possible but not likely unless the car is factory de-tuned, example, C63 AMG....

It's possible but not likely unless the car is factory de-tuned, example, C63 AMG....

QUOTE (LamboNutter @ Jan 22 2014, 10:54 AM) *

It may be setup to add some power in the mid range where it was low without changing the peak power.

Congrats! Looks great! I don't know why but all the time I was under the impression that you were getting a 50th Coupe.

We all know you like to peronalize your cars. Any plans for it?

Added a Novitec double wing today (to start).

lambonovwing2_zpsd01ff435.jpg

lambonovwing_zpse2ce672f.jpg

Guest Dereiter
Added a Novitec double wing today (to start).

lambonovwing2_zpsd01ff435.jpg

lambonovwing_zpse2ce672f.jpg

You have a great taste. The car looks brilliant and outstanding, especially in Yellow color. :eusa_clap: