My new LP560, now at UGR

Trust

Well it's been about 8 months since I've had a "fast" car, that car was my previous T1 GTR, it's my screen name and a Google search away if you care to look. During that downtime of not having a "fast" car, I sat down and made a list of what I really wanted out of cars, and to my surprise having a car that was competitive again at TX2K and TI was a big deal to me, up until then I really thought I could get away with just having a sexy as hell decently quick car. After going through my criteria a TT Gallardo pretty much answered everything I wanted; 1500whp+ capable, AWD, decent CI, lighter weight, 6 speed, exotic appeal.

After that came shop selection, Underground Racing is obviously top of mind for obvious reasons. However, although Kevin and I had talked back and forth on a few different ideas from my old 05 G, to the FGT, building the Aventador, I wanted to do my homework. It boiled down to 3 shops, Heffner, D P, and UGR, and ultimately between ## and UGR. It was a tough call for me as Dallas was closer to where I am (Oklahoma), and I hadn't heard a bad word from anybody on them, all positive. Then obviously Underground Racing, they seem to have everything going for them, the obvious reputation, the cars flat out perform and are consistently proven as I have witnessed first hand at a few events, and Kevin has ALWAYS been a few minutes away via text or email and I wasn't a customer. Obvious choice, but then I wanted to check the references and see if I could validate any of the conspiracies that people seemed to throw about (none of which really even had a TTG or a Lambo now that i think about it). So I talked to/annoyed SW, Stacy, Peter, Mullet, and a few other UGR customers to get the scoop from an owners perspective, all of which (except for SW) I feel like I know relatively well and would be up front with me. Each one of them all gave legitimate raving reviews and have all had UGR TT'G's making over 1500whp. That along with the track record of them rolling out, and myself actually racing some of their big power cars and knowing first hand that they put out was enough for me to make that choice.

The Balloon White LP560 6 speed is now at UGR and is getting a complete and pretty much all options 2R build, it'll be at both TX2K and TI and it will not be sitting still just looking pretty. Along with the build, the car is getting some 19" front, and 18" rear ADV05's in Track Spec with some Mickey Thompson's on the back, R888's up front, an OEM SL wing, and lowered a bit. The car should be 100% done once I get it for TX2K.

I got this picture from Kevin Wednesday when it arrived, will get more pics soon.

IMG_9495-3copy_zpscdaf093f.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! are you swapping out the whole rear deck with a 570 deck?

Nah, leaving the BW deck, just the OE SL wing.

I knew it :)

Going to be a sick car! Looks like Fadi will not be the fastest balloon white 560 anymore lol.

Why the MT on the back? Drag racing?

I knew it :)

Going to be a sick car! Looks like Fadi will not be the fastest balloon white 560 anymore lol.

Why the MT on the back? Drag racing?

Hooking that kind of power on an R888 just doesn't work too well IMO. I've had good luck with MT's. I'll have a set of 19" rears with R888's for anything up to 1500whp, but I don't see it on them over that.

Kevin isn't going to let you leave with Mickey Thompsons lol. If he does then you just changed the industry and that will be the new part to buy!!

Only me and you will be able to rock the 18" tires though. I don't think anyone else is running them on a GTT, maybe Mullet has a set or the Russians I think. I have some 335/30/18 R888's and they hook like hell.

Kevin isn't going to let you leave with Mickey Thompsons lol. If he does then you just changed the industry and that will be the new part to buy!!

Only be and you will be able to rock the 18's though. I don't think anyone else is running them on a GTT. I have some 335/30/18 R888's and they hook like hell.

Haha, sidewall on the R888 is too stiff IMO for straight line big power. It'll have an MT (drag radial obviously, not ET Street/Slick) :).

There really is two options when you go to UGR these days.

Get a stage 3 with race heads or a 2R lol. There really is no in between.

Haha, sidewall on the R888 is too stiff IMO for straight line big power. It'll have an MT (drag radial obviously, not ET Street/Slick) :).

2 options then:

P345/35R18

or

P305/35R18

See if you can test it for the larger size. Also Hoosier makes a 345/35/18 which is actually a little smaller diameter than MT has.

Congratulations Trust!

Any particular reason why you decided not to TT the Aventador? (besides wanted the 6-speed?)

Another awesome car I look forward to checking out at TX2K.

2 options then:

P345/35R18

or

P305/35R18

See if you can test it for the larger size. Also Hoosier makes a 345/35/18 which is actually a little smaller diameter than MT has.

It's getting the 305's. Hoosier 345 tread pattern I don't like for a street car, patch of water and you're dead. Lol.

Congratulations Trust!

Any particular reason why you decided not to TT the Aventador? (besides wanted the 6-speed?)

Another awesome car I look forward to checking out at TX2K.

Honestly, timing was a big factor, 2R isn't ready, and probably the biggest factor is I don't feel comfortable having $650-700k in a single car at my age, lol.

There really is two options when you go to UGR these days.

Get a stage 3 with race heads or a 2R lol. There really is no in between.

Yea.. I heard on the other forum ;-) . seems like you and Fadi are going 2R. I hope you guys are not playing that BS game and being honest.

Congrats Trust!

Yea.. I heard on the other forum ;-) . seems like you and Fadi are going 2R. I hope you guys are not playing that BS game and being honest.

Congrats Trust!

If I was a 2R I wouldn't come to Texas. What would be the point. Nobody would beat me. Id just keep my ass at home and save the 5k.

Congrats Trust!

Like all the GTR's guys are honest about their power, lol.

Fadi and Dustin are not getting 2R's.