Anybody know about this Monterey blue 640?

Luxeous

Man I keep going back and forth between just picking up an LP 640 or waiting on the Aventador. After the paintwork issue with the VI one at Lambo NB, I came across this one. Anyone know the history of it? Looks like a one owner car; gonna go see it tomorrow.

http://www.theautogallery.com/used/Lamborg...6146a966cc1.htm

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the car that was at NB that was a lemon law car then it went East? The one thing I remember when I seen it was that it had a glass engine cover, very rare on a spyder. Car was loaded like this one too.

Stay far away from that car. The original owner messed up the crankshaft multiple times by putting wrong sized wheels on the car and throwing off the AWD system. Tried to return the car as a lemon but it was later determined he caused the recurring damage by messing with incorrect sized wheels. Car bought back by Lambo and branded a lemon and guy told that Lambo won't sell him a new car in the future as he had pulled this stunt multiple times: buying a new car and returning it under lemon law. Told this info by a Lambo dealer that I trust when I was looking to purchase my LP640 Roadster.

Stay far away from that car. The original owner messed up the crankshaft multiple times by putting wrong sized wheels on the car and throwing off the AWD system. Tried to return the car as a lemon but it was later determined he caused the recurring damage by messing with incorrect sized wheels. Car bought back by Lambo and branded a lemon and guy told that Lambo won't sell him a new car in the future as he had pulled this stunt multiple times: buying a new car and returning it under lemon law. Told this info by a Lambo dealer that I trust when I was looking to purchase my LP640 Roadster.

Awesome job Nazy! That's why I love this forum. Someone always in the know

Wow, thank you for that info! Are you sure it was this one? Why would the lemon law issue not show up on the carfax? Not doubting you at all, just realizing how incredibly careful I need to be when considering buying another one of these used.

Wow, thank you for that info! Are you sure it was this one? Why would the lemon law issue not show up on the carfax? Not doubting you at all, just realizing how incredibly careful I need to be when considering buying another one of these used.

Thats the car.....There was a thread on that car awhile back. Its beautiful in person and has lots of carbon fiber and the rare glass engine hatch but its priced that way for its history.

On the other hand why not have a authorized Lambo Dealer go through a thorough PPI and see what they can find???

Just spoke with The sales manager at the dealership and he assured me it was not a lemon or even a soft buyback; it was traded in on an Aventador roadster. I specifically asked about the wheel issue and they said no. EyeDoc, are you 100% sure this is the same one?

If the car had all those mechanical issues can't the faulty parts be replaced? I don't see how something like that would be irreparable.

Stunning car, if you do a PPI and it checks out, if the money is right, get the right warranties from the dealer, buy back in case you have the issues everyone is concerned about, I see no issues with buying it.

Just spoke with The sales manager at the dealership and he assured me it was not a lemon or even a soft buyback; it was traded in on an Aventador roadster. I specifically asked about the wheel issue and they said no. EyeDoc, are you 100% sure this is the same one?

I and eyedoc were wrong....Look under this thread..This was the Lemon car... Monterey Blue LP640 Roadster..Its a.09 and different vin!

If the car had all those mechanical issues can't the faulty parts be replaced? I don't see how something like that would be irreparable.

Stunning car, if you do a PPI and it checks out, if the money is right, get the right warranties from the dealer, buy back in case you have the issues everyone is concerned about, I see no issues with buying it.

I and eyedoc were wrong....Look under this thread..This was the Lemon car... Monterey Blue LP640 Roadster..Its a.09 and different vin!

Montery Blue is 1 of the best colors out there. Good luck with it.

wow she is a beauty !!

Go drive it on the highway. If there's an issues with the diff, it will be apparent.

** crankshaft cannot be damaged by off-size wheels **

I looked at that original Lemon blue car, and passed, but this doesn't seem to be the same. The lemon blue from NB was a '09.

Thanks guys! Working to finish a deal on it today. Webster132 I'm going to call your guy over at Auto Concierge to do the PPI!

Amazing shade, color coded brake calipers and Q-citura stitching inside.

Add the carbon fiber inside, the blue stitching on the seats and that stunning glass engine cover ... this is such a beauty!

Just RWD the car and problem solved.. it wouldn't have screwed up the drive shaft. it would have screwed up the front diff.

Just RWD the car and problem solved.. it wouldn't have screwed up the drive shaft. it would have screwed up the front diff.

Point taken but that is a pretty serious compromise for a $220k car.

Love the floormats, Q-citura, calipers, wheels, and COLOR!

Also the fact that the interior is black as opposed to that cream a lot of the earlier MB cars came with.

MB and VI are the best lambo colors!