Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article date is March 31st around 2:54EST. Timezone in the Indian ocean would have been around midnight April 1st....

April Fools 'joke'?

Article date is March 31st around 2:54EST. Timezone in the Indian ocean would have been around midnight April 1st....

April Fools 'joke'?

You ever tried to shove an iphone up your ass? Trake my word for it.... It takes years of practice to work up to portable electronics.

42312_900.jpg

They should really learn to not used images that have been on the internet for 2 years.

I didnt realize that Boeing put windshield wipers on all the passenger windows.

I didnt realize that Boeing put windshield wipers on all the passenger windows.

They don't. Lockheed does. That's the view from the right seat of an S-3 Viking (retired from the fleet five years ago).

So today they started dragging little bleepy sonar sensors behind the boats to find a ping. Only a few more days before the black box battery gives up.

PING DETECTED!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/asia/m....html?hpt=hp_t1

A Chinese patrol ship looking for signs of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in the southern Indian Ocean discovered Saturday a pulse signal with a frequency of 37.5 kHz, state news agency Xinhua reported.

"That is the standard beacon frequency" for both so-called black boxes -- the cockpit voice recorder and the flight data recorder, said Anish Patel, president of pinger manufacturer Dukane Seacom.

"They're identical."

But experts cautioned that no confirmation had been made that the signal was linked to the missing plane.

"We are unable to verify any such information at this point in time," the media office of the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said in an e-mail.

With all the other country navies out there why does it seem like China is the one

always "finding" info on this? I dont trust that crap-hole country or anything they claim.

I also think the Malaysian government knows a lot more then they are saying. I would ask them

why or how did they make all those claims of finding debris without verifying ANYTHING first.

The whole damn thing stinks to high Heaven and Governments have become VERY bold about

what they are willing to cover up and deny... (Benghazi/Hillary)

"(CNN) -- A 90-second stream of pings picked up by a device tethered to a ship in the Indian Ocean and a field of objects floating nearby offered investigators searching Saturday for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 the tantalizing hope that they may have caught a break."

Common sense tell you this is total bullshit. Debris from the plane will have drifted hundred of miles away by now. The ping can only transmit out to about 10 miles. So the article is claiming that they are within 10 miles of the wreck and the debris is still hanging out at the crash site. BULL-COCKY.

"(CNN) -- A 90-second stream of pings picked up by a device tethered to a ship in the Indian Ocean and a field of objects floating nearby offered investigators searching Saturday for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 the tantalizing hope that they may have caught a break."

Common sense tell you this is total bullshit. Debris from the plane will have drifted hundred of miles away by now. The ping can only transmit out to about 10 miles. So the article is claiming that they are within 10 miles of the wreck and the debris is still hanging out at the crash site. BULL-COCKY.

What if it took that long for stuff to start floating from the bottom? If it was torpedoed in? Is that a possibility?

What if it took that long for stuff to start floating from the bottom? If it was torpedoed in? Is that a possibility?

I suppose it's "possible". But it does not add up to me. I can't see there being any "debris field" at this point. It's pretty much been 30 days. I'd also say the battery in the "pinger" is pretty much dead at this stage or almost dead. Sadly I just don't see this plane being found. I'm not convinced they are looking in the right area either.

If they did find it, it would be a last minute buzzer beater. But considering they have reported "debris spotted" every single day for the last 30 days, all of which was false. I'd say this is just another false media report to keep viewer attention.

My guess is the news media is just trying to drive the victims family bat crazy so they all kill themselves and this whole deal can be swept under the rug.

All the shit they've found floating out there makes you realize just how much garbage there is floating out in the ocean.

All the shit they've found floating out there makes you realize just how much garbage there is floating out in the ocean.

Awful truth. People still think that the ocean is a huge dumpster.

Because the ELT isn't pinging from a floating pile of debris...it's going off on the bottom of the ocean.

After weeks of searching vast swaths of ocean, investigators now have their "most promising" lead yet in efforts to find Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

A pinger locator in the Indian Ocean has detected signals consistent with those sent by a flight data recorder and a cockpit voice recorder, said the head of the Australian agency coordinating search operations.

The signals were picked up Sunday by the Ocean Shield, an Australian navy ship that's towing a sophisticated U.S. pinger locator through an area about 1,750 kilometers (1,100 miles) northwest of Perth. The first detection lasted for more than two hours; a second lasted for about 13 minutes.

The sounds were heard in a part of the ocean that's about 4,500 meters (about 14,800 feet) deep, retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston said Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/07/world/asia/m....html?hpt=hp_t1

Getting closer!

The Australian ship Ocean Shield had first picked up the underwater pulses Saturday. But then, for the next three days, nothing.

Could the pings be from MH370? Hear possible 'ping' detected in search What you need to know about a black box Up to 14 planes in search for Flight 370 Hiding in another plane's shadow? Search area narrows despite no new pings

On Tuesday, the ship once again reacquired the signals. That's four signals in the same broad area: two on Saturday; two on Tuesday. All of the signals are within 17 miles of one another.

"I believe we are searching in the right area, but we need to visually identify wreckage before we can confirm with certainty that this is the final resting place of MH370," said Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, who's coordinating the Australian operation.

The second piece of good news? Authorities analyzed the signals picked up Saturday and determined they weren't natural occurrences, but likely came from specific electronic equipment. Some marine life make similar sounds.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/world/asia/m....html?hpt=hp_t1

if a ping can't be detected, i wonder how our navy can detect a chinese or russian submarine parked in hudson river.

heck, i wonder if nations can actually defend itself these day with radars that can't track commercial planes.

when the aliens attack us, they will take over all major cities in a week. our government will all hide in bunkers like cowards.