Worst Modern Car You've Driven

Tara

Seems a bit unfair to compare some of these cars with others because compared to a 200k Mercedes, a 20k Honda will feel like crap.

Not necessarily true. The '05 Maserati QP has been criticized here for its gearbox, yet I'm sure someone here has driven a $25K Scion FR-S and enjoyed it, relatively speaking.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Jeep Cherokee is the current Aztek

2001-pontiac-aztek.jpg

cherokeetopwhat.jpg

New Jeep Cherokee certainly looks weird, but that Aztek... Who ever paid money for one of those?

New Jeep Cherokee certainly looks weird, but that Aztek... Who ever paid money for one of those?

91.909 american fools from 2001 to 2007.

Funny fact: The Aztek was designed by Tom Peters, the same guy that designed the new Corvette C7.

Smart for Two. A truly epic piece if shit.

How can you criticize an air conditioned golf cart? I have a Brabus Smart for bouncing around town, its fine by me.

How can you criticize an air conditioned golf cart? I have a Brabus Smart for bouncing around town, its fine by me.

Dont forget that are almost indestructible. Poor, poor 458 Speciale lol

fiat 500 as a service loaner from ferrari vancouver. thing was bright red. felt awkward being in it. never again.

My Abarth is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven so the base version must be very different.

I love the Smart Brabus :monkeyleft: Will most definately pick one up someday when I am in a extra good mood!

Not necessarily true. The '05 Maserati QP has been criticized here for its gearbox, yet I'm sure someone here has driven a $25K Scion FR-S and enjoyed it, relatively speaking.

I understand that, but aside from The Maserati's gearbox (I've yet to drive a Maserati), many of the cars mentioned are positioned lower in the market. I doubt that the Maserati's gearbox makes it the worst modern car someone's driven, especially if you've driven cars lower in the market. Truth is, someone looking at a Maserati is probably not going to be looking for something from Kia (I understand many people here probably have cars for their children, in which case they may test drive a Kia) but the odds are, the two aren't being compared. I also mentioned that the BMW X3 was pretty garbage to me, which isn't a lower car either, but I wouldn't say it's worse than a Kia Rondo.

I keep attacking Kia...probably because...well if anyone has driven an automatic Kia Rondo...you'll understand.

Suzuki Swift. Rented one in Cayman Islands. Total shit box death trap that looked like an egg. But that thing got 18 billion miles to the gallon. I think I drove it all day and the gas needle barely moved. That was nice for a change.

I am first to dump a couple of Ladas on the pile. They all have odd smell...

BMW E91 3-series coupe. I like it really much but when I was forced to sit on the back seat and just could not fit my head on the car it literally drove me mad.

I am first to dump a couple of Ladas on the pile. They all have odd smell...

BMW E91 3-series coupe. I like it really much but when I was forced to sit on the back seat and just could not fit my head on the car it literally drove me mad.

Not enough space for you big man? We have the solution for your problem...

ssangyong-rodius-lateral.jpg

Porsche 918. I did some development work on it and I can tell you it's not good.

:icon_mrgreen:

Not enough space for you big man? We have the solution for your problem...

ssangyong-rodius-lateral.jpg

I am sorry but I refer 2-seaters.

naias-2008-gallery-japan-asia-94.jpg

HHR hands down. Wife and I had one as a rental car a few years ago in Phoenix. Visibility was awful, gas and brake pedal weren't in the same county so difficult to stop and start. Complained to no end the whole time we had it.

My sisters mustang from a couple generations ago was very bad too. As others mentioned it floated everywhere even at low speeds.

I lower and raise my expectations as well, but some just truly stick out.

I have a 2012 shitvic (civic). I know it gets a lot of bad press but honestly it's not THAT bad for what it is. It gets me A to B for $34 a week. Yea the interior is nothing but cheap plastic but I'm not expecting anything luxurious. Only thing I don't like is the transmission. It jerks when you go from coasting to acceleration even with slight pedal force.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is a bit of a bump but I thought you guys would find this pretty funny.

PT Cruiser Owners - What Tragedy Burdened You With Your Car?

LOL

:jester:

No one ever buys a PT Cruiser. They are passed down from generation to generation since time began, the family curse that reminds us of our past transgressions

What if you haven't driven a modern car?