My 6.0 burned today

fcris

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with the posters above, time to lawyer up. Save yourself the agony these guys are trying to inflict.

Relevant: Don't talk to the police - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Hmmm, now you tell me. My insurance company is treating me ok so far. It was just the county prosecutor that surprised me. In a case like this, I can't blame them for at least gathering some facts. It just caught me off guard. My mind was filled with the loss of the car, and all the damage to the garage I just built, and I had to deal with the thought that they think I may have done this on purpose.

And I did check with my lawyer. He said I can entertain them, but stop talking if they read me the Miranda Rights. My lawyer knows what these cars mean to me, so I don’t think he had any worries about me being accused of doing something like this.

I found out yesterday that the clean-up company cannot clean the walls good enough for paint, so they recommend replacement of both the sheetrock and the insulation. Since the Diablo is mostly carbon fiber, there was a lot of smoke. After a year long ordeal with building this and having to deal with contractors and town officials, I don't have the energy to do it again. And while I'm waiting to get this all done, I have to worry about my Murcie parked in my house garage along with my teenager, bicycles, garbage cans, lawn mowers, and my wife who can't park straight.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad it was just a car and not a house/garage or person!!!!

And while I'm waiting to get this all done, I have to worry about my Murcie parked in my house garage along with my teenager, bicycles, garbage cans, lawn mowers, and my wife who can't park straight.

Move the teenager to the bad garage. That should help! ;)

Hmmm, now you tell me. My insurance company is treating me ok so far. It was just the county prosecutor that surprised me. In a case like this, I can't blame them for at least gathering some facts. It just caught me off guard. My mind was filled with the loss of the car, and all the damage to the garage I just built, and I had to deal with the thought that they think I may have done this on purpose.

And I did check with my lawyer. He said I can entertain them, but stop talking if they read me the Miranda Rights. My lawyer knows what these cars mean to me, so I don’t think he had any worries about me being accused of doing something like this.

I found out yesterday that the clean-up company cannot clean the walls good enough for paint, so they recommend replacement of both the sheetrock and the insulation. Since the Diablo is mostly carbon fiber, there was a lot of smoke. After a year long ordeal with building this and having to deal with contractors and town officials, I don't have the energy to do it again. And while I'm waiting to get this all done, I have to worry about my Murcie parked in my house garage along with my teenager, bicycles, garbage cans, lawn mowers, and my wife who can't park straight.

Bah don't sweat this one, no need for permits or anything like that. You can get the drywall and insulation done in 2-3 days tops, this should be cake.

Sorry about your car, I hope the insurance sorts you out properly. Even the $$ cant replace the car sometimes.

My 2 close calls:

I almost burned down my blue Diablo GTR once, i forgot I had a 300 amp charger on it-this was about 10 years ago. there was smoke everywhere under the dash and coming out of the doors(both were open), i had to get lots of things fixed after that little mistake. It's 100% now. I dont even have a good excuse. I was just plane stupid and walked away.

My 97 Roadster almost burned up, as well. the lights started opening up and closing for no reason. I took it to the shop and they tracked it down, the wires were fried and melted together, all bubbled up and with some soot on them, it was close to igniting as possible. Somewhere I still have the wired that melted, it was close.

I'm not saying my car in either case would have burned down but its very likely they would have. I was very lucky.

I always hate to see cars burn,

man reading your posts in this thread makes me sick to the stomach...that feeling.....sorry for what happened..that really just sucks!! i hope everything works out..

Whoa... wait.... the DA wants to talk to you? fcuk that. Tell him to talk to your attorney.

do they seriously think you would be stupid enough to not only record yourself creating a fire with your car, but to hand over the tape that showed that as well? They are fcuking idiots..good luck man.. good luck.. you're going to need it.

Sorry to hear about this fcris. :( Glad you and your family are okay though, and I hope the rest of the noise works out without too much of a headache! Best wishes.

Yeah, I'm sorry for asking so many questions before...forget I asked...naive to think that we'd only be concerned about preventing future accidents. Sad that we're more concerned with blame in the modern day rather than fixing problems.

Truly sorry to read about this, sucks loosing a prized possession.

But just to echo what has been previously stated, never talk to the police, DA or anyone if a lawyer is not present.

They are not your friends asking innocent questions, they are your enemies trying to lock you up and increase their track record. It can cost you much more for trial costs and possible jail time if you simply say the wrong things. They are professionally trained for this,the average person is not. Hopefully other members can learn from this as well.

I hope it all works out for you, thank god you had those cameras. Cameras saved another Lambo owner here in Socal recently but he actually got charged with arson (which were later dropped).

Consider yourself lucky it didnt spread to the rest of the house or no on was injured.

Best of luck.

I'm not a pro by any means, but if you need a hand replacing your drywall and insulatio, I would be willing to help. Maybe a couple of others could lend a hand and remove one of your headaches.

How the hell did I miss this !!!!

Here I thought "oh nice wording on smoking someone in a race :o " Jesus H, sorry to hear about your loss and dealing with those morons, but cars are replaceable you and your family are not.

I'm sure all will work itself out in the end :)

Thanks for all the support guys.

My head is still spinning from all this. It doesn't help that I have never had a claim before. So I'm learning as I go. My insurance co is still treating me ok. My agent is a good guy and he's doing all the work advising and protecting me. I'm coping my attorney's office with all the correspondence in case they need to jump in.

I just can't wait until that take the car. I can't explain what I feel when I look at it, all burned and mangled in that dark corner of the garage. I almost get mad at myself for having strong emotional feelings about a car. For a while there I thought I could cry, but I kept reminding myself that I didn't cry when my dad past away.

Anyhow, I don't want to depress anyone. I really wanted to mention some things I learned as they come up... When I purchased the 6.0 about 6 years ago, I put a fixed value on my policy for this car as I've done in the past for cars that I feel can't use "blue book" values. That value stayed for as long as I can remember, but as it turns out, the insurance company decided to deprecate it starting on this current policy. It's written in the fifty pages that no one reads that they can do this.

I'll keep you guys posted. And thanks again for your support.

I wonder when I'll loose the multi lambo owner title.

Frank