Thinking about a 355?

Allan-Herbie

Been seeing a few on the road lately that look very nice, and sound even better... The price is also extremely attractive...

Then was reading the new Forza.....

get_attachment__2_.jpg

get_attachment__1_.jpg

get_attachment__3_.jpg

No thanks. 360 is the most beautiful modern F car IMO and to the article's point . . . a 355 and 1 service basically gets you there.

I personally would go the older route, and buy a 308/328, or even a 348... The 348 when introduced was compared with the useability of the NSX and gained some harsh criticism. I had both 348 and 355 previously, and although the 355 was faster, and sounded better, the 348 felt more like a Ferrari, with better mid and low range power, and better steering feel. More reliable and easier to fix as well.

No thanks. 360 the the most beautiful modern F car IMO and to the article's point . . . a 355 and 1 service basically gets you there.

+1 I love the 360

Time to pick one up or an NSX. All of these mid-90s supercars will just skyrocket in price. There is no place but up... I love the 355, NSX, Viper GTS, 993 (too late there), Diablo.

Time to pick one up or an NSX. All of these mid-90s supercars will just skyrocket in price. There is no place but up... I love the 355, NSX, Viper GTS, 993 (too late there), Diablo.

Fully agree on the NSX... Im not a fan of the 360, or its production numbers . If a Stradale came in manual, that I would be all over.

Fully agree on the NSX... Im not a fan of the 360, or its production numbers . If a Stradale came in manual, that I would be all over.

I'd take an NSX over a 348/355/360.

I have just started looking for one. A friend of mine just picked an early one and got me thinking.

I personally would go the older route, and buy a 308/328, or even a 348... The 348 when introduced was compared with the useability of the NSX and gained some harsh criticism. I had both 348 and 355 previously, and although the 355 was faster, and sounded better, the 348 felt more like a Ferrari, with better mid and low range power, and better steering feel. More reliable and easier to fix as well.

Yeah, your last sentence is why I never ever discount the 348 despite the vast swath of criticism it constantly receives (it's never ending). I wish a 355 could have kept the manual steering, and that raw old school 308/328 feel more, then it would have been perfect.

I've driven a 348, but never the 355.

:iamwithstupid:

The world is still waiting for the first baller to do a conversion.

Do it. :icon_mrgreen:

355 always looked like a fiero to me

This is like saying the Bentley Flying Spur looks like a Chrysler 300.

C'mon Man!!

I'd take an NSX over a 348/355/360.

I have just started looking for one. A friend of mine just picked an early one and got me thinking.

The NSX is one of the few cars that I originally hated and have now grown to like.

A Zanardi to me is perfection for a US spec NSX -- 3.2L motor and improvements with 3.0 manual steering. Unfortunately the cost of one is about as much as those Ferraris, and to me that's a tough sell.

The majority of NSXs seem to cost just a little too much, IMHO. If one could get a 30,000 mile 3.2L for $25-30k, it would seem like a worthy deal but from what I've seen, it's probably 50-100% more than that in reality.

I´ve own a 355 GTB for 4 years. was a good car, no issus or other unlike stuf during this time. Drive well and more like a slotcar. The grand service is no the big deal. Engine go out with gearbox and axes, need 4-5 Hour labor.

all in all a real good sportscar with the insane F1 Sound :-))

The majority of NSXs seem to cost just a little too much, IMHO. If one could get a 30,000 mile 3.2L for $25-30k, it would seem like a worthy deal but from what I've seen, it's probably 50-100% more than that in reality.

Yes, agreed 100%. Prices turn me off.

Bleh NSX....never.....a Ferrari wannabe with an Accord engine....pass....At least with the LFA they went their own way and added their own flavor. The 355 is an interesting car....its delicate and sounds awesome....the 360 has the Dino lines and I would say is more bullet proof all around. I just find the 3.6 V8 a little gutless. I dont think 348's will ever be desireable. The 512 tho will DEFINITELY be a collector.

I thought you hated your 355 when you had one Allan?

I wasn't a big fan at the time. I dont want a 355... I want a TR and 308/328

The 348 and 355 are better looking cars than the 360, so I would definitely go for something vintage. The 360 set the start for a new generation of Ferrari's.

the most beautiful ferrari since the 250 Lusso and 250 TR

ferrari-f355-auto-adrenalin-uk-multi-mar

and then listen to this:

http://youtu.be/_qtd2yxvVR0

I must admit the past 18mths, the 360 has started to grow on me. I used to really hate the look of them, but they have aged well, much nicer than a standard 430. A 360 manual, is def the smartest choice; price wise & reliability wise.

355 most underpowered thing. I had one for 2 days and had dealer take it back on 550 trade.

It is underpowered (more a lack of torque than HP though).

But in the context of a multiple exotic car collection, does it really matter?

Would it stop somebody from getting an LP400(S)?

That's what makes it different in this thread vs. a total exotic newb looking to get a 355.