Gallardo STS seat issues

Allan-Herbie

Anyone here of avg height (6ft) have issues with the STS seats and your head hitting the roof? Any solutions? Fit fine in normal Gallardos, but having issues here?

Judging from the many discussions on this issue and personal experiences (I replaced the North American-style seats with the factory OEM light-weight ones on the original Gallardo Super-G and the LP570 came with the carbon seats), it seems the issue involves the length of one's torso. Anyone at 6ft or below with regular torso will not have problems but those who have long torso will not fit too well.

I recall there was a post here that talked about shaving down the foam of the seat cushion. That part of the seat does seem easy enough to be removed and modified.

I have never had any problems fitting, my favorite seats in a car, also the seats can be adjusted I am not entirely certain if it's heigh or just the angle.

These the same seats that were in my 2011 LP570? If so you really have to sit your ass back in the seat and almost forces you to have good posture.

I have never had any problems fitting, my favorite seats in a car, also the seats can be adjusted I am not entirely certain if it's heigh or just the angle.

There is one position adjustment for the front of the seat. You raise the front which effectively reclines the seat, slightly. I'm 5'11" and I fit ok. I can fit

My hand between my head and roof barely.

hmmm, I thought the seats only move forward and back, I have to check this out when I get home...

I'm 5'10", plenty of room...

There is one position adjustment for the front of the seat. You raise the front which effectively reclines the seat, slightly. I'm 5'11" and I fit ok. I can fit

Call Chinaman, get lower seat bracket mounts. Didn't some do this to their other Gallardos?

I've tried with my sport buckets with no luck. With the factory brackets the back bottom of the seat is already on the carpet. If there is somehow an option, id do it just to sit a little lower in the car, not for head clearance.

I am 6 4 and my head is on the ceiling bad with out a helmet. I have to slouch down to drive it lol.

I ordered the technocraft seats to put in my car and it is suppose to give me 3 to 4 inches. I will let you guys know.

I've tried with my sport buckets with no luck. With the factory brackets the back bottom of the seat is already on the carpet. If there is somehow an option, id do it just to sit a little lower in the car, not for head clearance.

Didn't someone here bolt the seats to the floor, giving them more space?

Looking for some Superleggera buckets with yellow stitching just in case someone on this thread has similar issues and changes them out. Once in a while it works out to not be too tall.

I am exactly 6 feet, have the carbon bucket seats in the 570, seats cannot be dropped, they have to be reclined slightly, I recovered almost an inch of headroom, it is still tight but better, car being delivered tomorrow so I can comment more intelligently.

Had no issues with headroom in my 560.

Correct. It is kinda a pain but definitely helps provide a bit more head room.

Its all about the recline. I have tillett carbon fiber seats and they sit on the carpet as low as possible, if I needed more headroom, I would just recline them more.

I am exactly 6 feet, have the carbon bucket seats in the 570, seats cannot be dropped, they have to be reclined slightly, I recovered almost an inch of headroom, it is still tight but better, car being delivered tomorrow so I can comment more intelligently.

Had no issues with headroom in my 560.

Congrats on the new ride!

I have a '12 STS am 6' and my head was touching the roof bad. Had the seat reclined and that helped a bit but no way i would fit with a helmet. Just had the foam shaved down and now i have about 2.5" between my head and the roof and fit comfortably even with a helmet. Beware that the seat will have very little cushion but it doesn't really bother me and still pretty comfortable. Haven't sat in the technocraft seats but i imagine the cushioning is similar now that it is shaved.

can't find the 'tilt' adjustment on my STS....

Seats need to be removed. Remove front bolts and rotate front of the seat up. There is a second set of threaded holes to raise the front of the seat.

Allan was asking the seats for me, I am 6-1, I had hard time in the seat,roof hits my head and my nice Hair!!! Haha

Took the seats out. Torx for the rail,then 7mm Allen,you can tilt it 1 hole up, it sure did help.

Alex

Call Chinaman, get lower seat bracket mounts. Didn't some do this to their other Gallardos?

I did this to my SL back in 08, made a big difference, Lambodealer should be able to help out.

Allan was asking the seats for me, I am 6-1, I had hard time in the seat,roof hits my head and my nice Hair!!! Haha

Took the seats out. Torx for the rail,then 7mm Allen,you can tilt it 1 hole up, it sure did help.

Alex

:iamwithstupid:

Did the same with mine and tried it out last night, lots of headroom now, and by lots I mean about an inch and a half so still not much :lol2:

Seats need to be removed. Remove front bolts and rotate front of the seat up. There is a second set of threaded holes to raise the front of the seat.

Appreciate you Pete for helping me with this a while back.. Sure did make a difference. Would not trade for these seats now. Love em!