I WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH BRAIN (or Brian) AT EXOTIC CAR SEARCH

whiteout

Forgetting about who is more in the right or in the wrong on the underlying issue for a sec . . .

There is one HUGE problem in this whole interaction and (mis)communication, which is indicative of this pussified modern age we are in: The lack of willingness to PICK. UP. THE. GODDAMN. PHONE. and HAVE A MEANINGFUL, ONE-ON-ONE CONVERSATION WITH THE OTHER PERSON like a GROWN MAN.

The problems, the underlying questions (which were small-ish), any explanations of what information could and couldn't have been gotten at that point from the seller, the details of the money transfers, the travel and transportation logistics . . . ALL of that could have been smoothly sorted out, with no misinterpretation of tone, with pleasantness of voice on both sides, with clear questions and answers, with little followup questions as needed, with proper communication of tone, nothing to be wrongly read into . . . in the space of about THREE MINUTES on the phone!

I know one party at least apparently tried to do just that. The fact that the other party, in the midst of trying to get this deal, that was well along in the process, done, wouldn't pick up the phone speaks *volumes.*

Whatever underlying and procedural issues/concerns either party had are almost beside the point. Maybe one guy's right, maybe the other is, maybe both are. Grown men man up, pick up the goddamn telephone and have an adult conversation.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when two well respected members fight like this. Nick wants the car, Shane wants the money and Brian wants the sale. Let's get off LP, stop texting, pick up the phone and make this deal happen!!!

I hate it when two well respected members fight like this. Nick wants the car, Shane wants the money and Brian wants the sale. Let's get off LP, stop texting, pick up the phone and make this deal happen!!!

There's been something in the water. RB vs Bmwracer, Romandad vs liquidassets, whiteout vs Brian.

There's been something in the water. RB vs Bmwracer, Romandad vs liquidassets, whiteout vs Brian.

I saw RD and LA...I chalked that up to aliens being a topic that never brings the best out in people. I missed RB and Daddy fighting....that hurts a bit. :(

Full moon on friday the 13th... The whole world is batshit crazy right now. :eek3dance:

I think I saw this car at Lambo Houstion at one point. Although doesn't show on the autocheck there was a triple black 6 speed 640 in Houston that was a buy back. I recall the problem was minor and it had several thousand miles on it already and it ran and drove great.

Forgetting about who is more in the right or in the wrong on the underlying issue for a sec . . .

There is one HUGE problem in this whole interaction and (mis)communication, which is indicative of this pussified modern age we are in: The lack of willingness to PICK. UP. THE. GODDAMN. PHONE. and HAVE A MEANINGFUL, ONE-ON-ONE CONVERSATION WITH THE OTHER PERSON like a GROWN MAN.

The problems, the underlying questions (which were small-ish), any explanations of what information could and couldn't have been gotten at that point from the seller, the details of the money transfers, the travel and transportation logistics . . . ALL of that could have been smoothly sorted out, with no misinterpretation of tone, with pleasantness of voice on both sides, with clear questions and answers, with little followup questions as needed, with proper communication of tone, nothing to be wrongly read into . . . in the space of about THREE MINUTES on the phone!

I know one party at least apparently tried to do just that. The fact that the other party, in the midst of trying to get this deal, that was well along in the process, done, wouldn't pick up the phone speaks *volumes.*

Whatever underlying and procedural issues/concerns either party had are almost beside the point. Maybe one guy's right, maybe the other is, maybe both are. Grown men man up, pick up the goddamn telephone and have an adult conversation.

There were several phone calls; one of which I suggested holding the transaction off a week, so I could obtain the requested additional info, and so his schedule would allow more time to have funds cleared before driving away. 6 days into the transaction and we are still going over Day 2 procedures of having funds cleared before driving away.

I called three times on Wednesday. I never received a return call, but I received text messages. Again, I agreed to pay per your instructions.

If something is going to come up that's relevant after I agreed to pay per Brian's terms it's worth talking about. At this point the things coming up are collateral.

Gentlemen, clearly this had de-evolved into a war of words and both sides have their rights & wrongs and have their respective supporters.

Rather than this on-going charade, may I suggest that you take this to PM or, as many had rightfully suggested, just pick up the phone and have a live tel/con to resolve the issue; hopefully with a mutually beneficial outcome.

What's with all the drama of late on LP? Both Friday the 13th & full moon are long done and gone, aren't they?

****I also think its appropriate to ask Moderators to change thread name to something less slanderous sounding****

The thread title is not slanderous; it is a warning, not a false statement about his character.

Its simple things like this that makes some deals very complicated. I said one thing, with a very key word at the end (SOUNDING) and its gets twisted into another version. :eusa_wall:

Hopefully you guys get it worked out. If not, luckily theres plenty of other cars to purchase.

****I also think its appropriate to ask Moderators to change thread name to something less slanderous sounding****

Its the OPs opinion based on his particular situation, and doesnt reflect anybody else's thoughts but his own.

How about adding a 'I' at the start of the title for the sake of clarity :D

Works for me.

D turned into W as well?!

Tense didn't make sense otherwise...

Phone conversations are a hell of a lot easier...but text messages are more secure. its a great way to eliminate the "misunderstanding of words" when it comes down to "he said she said"

In Nicks defense, he was not out of line for the questions he was asking. Especially having to drive 2000 miles back....yeah knowing the age of the tires is important! What if he wanted to order new tires to put on the car while in alabama? Seeing the interior of the car is also not a ridiculous request. you're going out of your way to fly out to inspect the car....you dont want to waste your time to get there and find out something that could have been answered in a simple picture.

Yes all of these questions could have been answered in 1 shot in a PPI.

I also dont see it as a huge deal to pick him up from the airport in the car so he can drive it, i mean he IS coming to alabama to inspect the car...driving it is one part of the inspection. Although its another story if the car was 2 hours away from the airport.

Phone conversations are a hell of a lot easier...but text messages are more secure. its a great way to eliminate the "misunderstanding of words" when it comes down to "he said she said"

In Nicks defense, he was not out of line for the questions he was asking. Especially having to drive 2000 miles back....yeah knowing the age of the tires is important! What if he wanted to order new tires to put on the car while in alabama? Seeing the interior of the car is also not a ridiculous request. you're going out of your way to fly out to inspect the car....you dont want to waste your time to get there and find out something that could have been answered in a simple picture.

I agree that Nick's requests were reasonable and understandable, and when I could not fulfill them I offered him the option to get a service like one provided in this link. http://www.carzinspection.com/compare-services.php

There are many companies like this out there, and most all of them perform an inspection within 24-48 hours(some same day). While I don't recommend a company like this for an inspection of a Lamborghini, they certainly could have provided the information Nick was looking for. This company does it for $129, although most are around $200. Seems like cheap insurance to me, and would have answered all of Nicks questions. The owner did not object to having a third party do this type of inspection, except for them driving the car.

Again, the owner was willing to take the time to have the car inspected or take to a PPI, but didn't have time to snap a few cell phone pictures. . .

Since this keeps going in circles

I OFFERED TO PAY FOR THE CAR PER BRIAN'S INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS BRIAN KILLED THE DEAL

I think what we have here is a classic situation of two guys who feel they are right, neither will budge an inch and resolution can occur if one guy just takes it on the chin and yields to the other guy just a little bit.

IMHO, both parties had opportunities to do just that and the car would have been sold.

I think what we have here is a classic situation of two guys who feel they are right, neither will budge an inch and resolution can occur if one guy just takes it on the chin and yields to the other guy just a little bit.

IMHO, both parties had opportunities to do just that and the car would have been sold.

As a customer, I wouldn't be expecting to take Shit. The owner really just doesn't care and neither does the broker. That says quite a bit in itself.

First off why the heck were you going to drive the car back and put 2000 miles on it. Why don't you fly in, check out the car, fly out the same day and then get the car shipped to you. It would be cheaper on gas, and not have to put 2000 miles on a car driving in hot ass weather for 3 days.

When I bought my car I flew into Phoenix, got my own rental (I wasn't doing one way so had to get back to airport anyway, rental was $18 + gas), plane ticket was $300. Met the dude, he drove the car I didn't even drive it, didn't really care one way or the other, had dinner with the guy headed back to the airport and sent the rest of the money the next day. Car got there in about 5 days or so.

I am not really on either person's side I think Brian wasn't being very professional or helpful as a salesperson. I don't think whiteout asked for too much although I think the things he was asking for were pretty petty. After I got my car one of the tires went flat on me, found out both rear wheels were bent and they were filled with fixaflat. Got it fixed then got new rear tires. About 2 months later saw that the front tires were cracked badly due to age. It is a used car and sometimes you have to deal with shit like that.

You guys can still make this work if you quit acting like kids.

You guys can still make this work if you quit acting like kids.

:iamwithstupid:

Hate to see a deal crumble because of something small like this. Both of you guys need to quit being so stubborn and make this work.

:iamwithstupid:

Hate to see a deal crumble because of something small like this. Both of you guys need to quit being so stubborn and make this work.

I actually think it is a great learning experience for both of them.

First off why the heck were you going to drive the car back and put 2000 miles on it.
Because he can!!! Hell...my only complaint would be that it wasn't a longer trip.

I drove mine over 500 miles (each way) for service because it made a fantastic road trip (and I don't like the dealer that's 225 miles away). I don't care about miles. I wanna DRIVE it!!!