When I come to power...

capt_chaos

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, I knew sooner or later someone would figure out how to remove the caffeine from coffee. So how long has this been going on?

Be careful out there guys.

As far as BBQ goes, this has always been one of my favorites. At the Owensboro Kentucky BBQ festival they close Main Street and bring in several dump trucks full of wood, then turn the entire street into a giant charcoal smoker/grill. Mutton, pork, beef, turkey, chicken, etc. are all on offer. Next question, who likes burgoo (or even knows what it is)?

IMAG0678_zpstuutoktu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, wife just took the gas grill in the divorce. Thanks for making that hit feel like a win :icon_thumleft:

As I'm shopping for a grill again, any suggestions on green egg vs kamado joe vs ??

I don't need anything too crazy, but I do like quality gear.

Love my Kamado grill...I still have my gas grill (natural gas instead of propane) but I only use it to keep things warmed or use it to grill something quick like hot dogs or hot links.

Lump charcoal is the tits when it comes to flavor, but I still have a hard time getting an even burning surface at times. As I type this we are prepping two beer can chickens that will go on this afternoon, for a nice little Independence day feast!

Cake, My understanding is the burning of the fat, meat, etc,, or the "charred" marks on the meat or veggies is the carcinogen. Smoking would seem to alleviate that issue, but I'm not sure. I used to not worry about it, but after having a nephew go through cancer and a scare when my son was 5, gives me pause now a days, so I worry a little more about those things (no more cigars for me anymore either...I have about 100 Opus X, Partagas, Hemmingways, Cuban Cohibas, Davidoff's drying away in my humidor... :o

Acewhip, Kamado Joe's are nice as are the Big Green Eggs. I think the BGE is more expensive than the KJ. My wife bought me kamado style grill from Costco last year...Vision grill is the name. Came with a nice stand and it seems to hold the heat just fine, but doesn't have many accessories available. I think if I could chose my grill (i.e. if it weren't a gift) I'd have gone with a Kamado Joe or BGE. One thing to keep in mind is size. They don't have a lot of grill surface area. I have a large size (The sizes between companies seem to be fairly universal) and I can only get about 8-9 decent sized steaks. If I'm grilling corn or other veggies I have to rotate my gas grill into the mix. Ideally I'd like an XL size but I routinely grill for 6-8 people...They are heavy as heck so you'll need a good stand.

Time to go rub some breasts! :downtown: :aiwebs_017:

So, wife just took the gas grill in the divorce. Thanks for making that hit feel like a win :icon_thumleft:

As I'm shopping for a grill again, any suggestions on green egg vs kamado joe vs ??

I don't need anything too crazy, but I do like quality gear.

Green Egg and Kamado Joe are the same. You will pay more for the Green Egg name. Kamado Joe will cook food just as good and actually has thicker ceramic. Kamado Joe - $850. Green Egg $1100.

photo2_1.JPG

Brazier (Quality Brand) - $3

Charcoal from Mr. Akbar down the street - $0.50

Skewers - Borrowed from neighbor

Stone tiles identical to Caster Troys place - $30/ton

post-23865-1404568853_thumb.jpg

Brazier (Quality Brand) - $3

Charcoal from Mr. Akbar down the street - $0.50

Skewers - Borrowed from neighbor

Stone tiles identical to Caster Troys place - $30/ton

Wrong thread. :P

I am in the charcoal camp. Preferably real charcoaled wood. Those pressed brickettes they sell on petrol station forecourts are only acceptable if real charcoaled wood is not available.

Then topped off with seasoned wood chips.

Wuuuhhhhh. Now you just wait a god dang minute!

The boy ain't right Peggy. Everyone knows clean burning propane is the best way to cook meat.

tumblr_lxw28uj8KO1rnq3i2o1_500.gif

Although King of the Hill is my sh*t (I LOVE that freakin show)...I gotta agree with Captain Chaos...Charcoal is the only way to go with BBQ Grilling :icon_super:

Although King of the Hill is my sh*t (I LOVE that freakin show)...I gotta agree with Captain Chaos...Charcoal is the only way to go with BBQ Grilling :icon_super:

I'm just glad one single person in this thread enjoyed the reference.

Also. I picked this little guy up on a great sale today. Hate away you charcoal loving bitches!

59JIxLp.jpg

I proved my point on the weekend before last, had to cook just myself a steak and I thought "No I'll see of Captain knows what he is talking about" so set about lighting the charcoals. So I can safely say, never again, what a waste of time and charcoal! Took three times as long for me to get a steak and then the bbq stays hot for another 4 hours! Gas grill for a quick and good steak!

But don't worry, I fired up the charcoals on Sunday night and cooked a great kangaroo roast! Sensational.

Single steaks should not be done on a BBQ unless you like it well done and no one should have that.

As for you gas lovers, do you not worry about the gas canisters, leaving them outside? What I am really asking is do you store the gas bottle near your tampons. Sheesh.

I use natural gas..no propane or tanks to worry about and I prefer cooking with it over propane.....

Single steaks should not be done on a BBQ unless you like it well done and no one should have that.

As for you gas lovers, do you not worry about the gas canisters, leaving them outside? What I am really asking is do you store the gas bottle near your tampons. Sheesh.

No gas canister.

Copper line which continuously supplies gas. We turn the valve off after every use to reduce the chance of blowing the house to bits. There have been a few incidents of gas leaks in the past couple years (around the western PA area) - not necessarily for gas grills, but it highlights to need to take care whenever you have a line of gas providing a continual supply. We don't mess with the valve on our gas cooktop (hmmmm....now that I think about it - is the risk the same?)

No tampons storage required :lol2:

PS: Cappy...to be crystal clear.....YES - this post is intended as a "come on" to you :wub: . I want to be consistent. I'm finding EVERY opportunity

No gas canister.

Copper line which continuously supplies gas. We turn the valve off after every use to reduce the chance of blowing the house to bits. There have been a few incidents of gas leaks in the past couple years (around the western PA area) - not necessarily for gas grills, but it highlights to need to take care whenever you have a line of gas providing a continual supply. We don't mess with the valve on our gas cooktop (hmmmm....now that I think about it - is the risk the same?)

No tampons storage required :lol2:

PS: Cappy...to be crystal clear.....YES - this post is intended as a "come on" to you :wub: . I want to be consistent. I'm finding EVERY opportunity

Always bragging about your pipes eh lady...

No we've gone Capt's Bukaki Lady. Who would have thought that in a BBQ thread. :lol2:

• 1 month later...

Also when I come to power the first people up against the wall will be the absolute virgins that reply to anything on any social media portal with "first".

First like, first comment...

Then the people that tell them "no one cares" will be lined up next.

Then an internet fight breaks out.

It is true no one cares, but by disposing of these people then I am saving 80% more space on the internet.

But don't worry, I fired up the charcoals on Sunday night and cooked a great kangaroo roast! Sensational.

You can eat kangaroo!?