Old Member Back From The Dead... lol

Been a LONG time since I have been around or doing any posting, but my business work load has softened and I have a LOT more time on my hands now.. Took the last 4 years to build another Merchant Services company from scratch and it is finally running on "auto pilot" which means I have a life once again to do a lot of things including post, buy / enjoy cars once again and travel.. Hope everyone is well, I have a LOT of old post to read and catch up on...

Been on a car buying spree the last 2 weeks and need to complete the new list with another Lambo... Haven't really had enough seat time in any of the new cars to give any solid opinions or feedback, but I will be posting my experiences / thoughts on each when I get back from vacation and have more time to drive them... So far, have purchased the following over the last 2 weeks (REALLY like the 599 so far...)

Ferrari 599

Audi R8 V10

Porsche 997 V-RT900 (currently being retuned by EVOMS with the 850R package)

Bentley Supersports

Maserati GranTurismo

Hummer H1

Mercedes CLS63

Will be sending the 599, Audi and Bentley to EVOMS next month for tunes & exhaust.. Should be interesting what each adds as far as power & sound.. I will post videos and dyno graphs for anyone interested..

Been a LONG time since I have been around or doing any posting, but my business work load has softened and I have a LOT more time on my hands now.. Took the last 4 years to build another Merchant Services company from scratch and it is finally running on "auto pilot" which means I have a life once again to do a lot of things including post, buy / enjoy cars once again and travel.. Hope everyone is well, I have a LOT of old post to read and catch up on...

Been on a car buying spree the last 2 weeks and need to complete the new list with another Lambo... Haven't really had enough seat time in any of the new cars to give any solid opinions or feedback, but I will be posting my experiences / thoughts on each when I get back from vacation and have more time to drive them... So far, have purchased the following over the last 2 weeks (REALLY like the 599 so far...)

Ferrari 599

Audi R8 V10

Porsche 997 V-RT900 (currently being retuned by EVOMS with the 850R package)

Bentley Supersports

Maserati GranTurismo

Hummer H1

Mercedes CLS63

Will be sending the 599, Audi and Bentley to EVOMS next month for tunes & exhaust.. Should be interesting what each adds as far as power & sound.. I will post videos and dyno graphs for anyone interested..

Hey man! Welcome back! Strange mix of cars, but if you are happy, I am happy for you! You already had a G, and a Murci... s only option is Aventador or wait for Huracan.

Welcome back... You're lucky Porter didn't delete you with one of his fat finger purges...

Just kidding. Welcome back....

Thanks guys, good to be back and see that the "veterans" are still around.. Yeah, pretty unique assortment of cars, but that's why I purchased them (they are all very different).. Haven't driven a Lambo since selling my 08 white Superleggera 2010 and I know Lambos have changed a lot since then.. Was thinking about maybe the McLaren 12C (haven't driven that either), but just have always loved my Lambo's from the past.. Need to go drive both and see what they are all about.. This will be the last car I buy for a while again, kind of overdid it just a tad the last few weeks.. :)

Excited to get the Porsche back from EVOMS.. It is a white/black 997tt tiptronic with a full Vorstiener carbon body kit, Brembo Ceramic Brakes, Forged Black Wheels, rebuilt transmission, ect that was built and tuned by BBI in Orange County.. It was there 900hp package (with Tial Alpha 3076 Turbos) that ran 10.1 @ 143mph, but EVOMS has always done my prior Porsches and they are local so they wiped the tuning (kept all of the bolt on in tact) and custom tuned the car for 91 and 100 octane as well as remapped the TCU file.. Excited to pick it up next Friday when I get back from vacation, have only driven it 2 times since buying it and it was on the lowest boost setting (16psi)..

On a side note, never was a big Ferrari fan in the past, BUT I really like the 599 I purchased... Being a big guy (6'6 @ 290lbs), I have room and fit actually pretty well in it.. The car just feels solid and was built very well.. Pretty quick to my surprise and sounds good and such a good bargain for 1/2 the original MSRP..

Welcome back!

Nice collection of cars....diverse and they look like they complement each other well.

599 has proven to be the "good buy" lately.

Thanks again for the "welcome back".. Looking forward to posting and being part of the discussions more often!

I will for sure take pictures as soon as I get back from Vacation.. The Hummer is awesome (in my opinion, I know a lot of people that don't care for them and or would not spend a $ on one, however I am the exception..). I have owned a few previously and always regretted selling them, so that was the 1st car I purchased on July 1st.. It's a 1999 (1 owner) 28,000 original mile wagon that was just repainted Military Matte Black and after I took procession, I added 22" Matte Black Fuel Wheels w/ Nitto Mud Grappler tires. It has an aftermarket stereo system, wench, LED light bar, double limo window tint (you can't see a thing inside) with the windshield tinted at 35%. It's got the stock tan interior (in great shape), but I will be redoing it all to black leather and black carpet (except for the factory tan dash, console, ect..) It's just mean looking!!! The problem with it is (and anyone who has owned an H1 will understand), the AC in it sucks and AZ is hot right now at 110+ degrees, so driving it right now doesn't really happen much. In addition to that, these H1's run super hot (water temp wise) and they do not like that 110+ degree weather at all for extended running times.. Will be a fun ride in about 2 months when it starts to cool down in AZ..

I will post pictures of everything the week after next.. Will also post the performance stuff I do to each and what the impressions of the mods are.. :)

The problem with it is (and anyone who has owned an H1 will understand), the AC in it sucks and AZ is hot right now at 110+ degrees,

It's not widely known, but if you find someone willing to do it you can change out the refrigerant in an automotive A/C system to something other than R134A. As a refrigerant R134 sucks and isn't all that efficient. Commercial grade refrigerants are much better and should improve the performance significantly.

I thought the H1 wagons were setup as a dual A/C system?

It still sucks. I used to run the front A/C on high, then aim the rear A/C vents towards the front seats and run that on high. Still was not that great and did nothing in 100+ heat.

It still sucks. I used to run the front A/C on high, then aim the rear A/C vents towards the front seats and run that on high. Still was not that great and did nothing in 100+ heat.

I do the same thing, but it doesn't help at all.. I store my cars in a climate controlled warehouse, so the initial trip in the H1 is fine because it's not hot and the AC can do a decent job of keeping the wagon somewhat cool (tolerable), but it is when you park it for more than 5 minutes and get back in, it just won't cool down (actually feels like it's just blowing hot air at you like a hair dryer...). Also, the wagon will run 220+ water temp immediately when it is 110+ outside, but if you have a hill to climb or need to go above 65mph, forget it...

I knew this when purchased it, but this wagon was exactly what I wanted and was looking for (for the last 6 months).. It needed to be a low mileage wagon and wanted one that was painted Matte Black (not wrapped)... The values are holding really solid for a clean, no story H1 (in some cases appreciating, however not like the Alpha's). I picked this H1 up for at least 1/2 what an Alpha is going for and has less mileage & wear/tear than most newer Alpha's had..

It's not widely known, but if you find someone willing to do it you can change out the refrigerant in an automotive A/C system to something other than R134A. As a refrigerant R134 sucks and isn't all that efficient. Commercial grade refrigerants are much better and should improve the performance significantly.

Really? I hadn't heard anything about this.. I will check to see if I can find anyone local that has experience with this and can do it for me.. Thanks for the heads up!!!!

I do the same thing, but it doesn't help at all.. I store my cars in a climate controlled warehouse, so the initial trip in the H1 is fine because it's not hot and the AC can do a decent job of keeping the wagon somewhat cool (tolerable), but it is when you park it for more than 5 minutes and get back in, it just won't cool down (actually feels like it's just blowing hot air at you like a hair dryer...). Also, the wagon will run 220+ water temp immediately when it is 110+ outside, but if you have a hill to climb or need to go above 65mph, forget it...

I knew this when purchased it, but this wagon was exactly what I wanted and was looking for (for the last 6 months).. It needed to be a low mileage wagon and wanted one that was painted Matte Black (not wrapped)... The values are holding really solid for a clean, no story H1 (in some cases appreciating, however not like the Alpha's). I picked this H1 up for at least 1/2 what an Alpha is going for and has less mileage & wear/tear than most newer Alpha's had..

I think my truck was better after sitting because it was an open top. But I usually ran with the windows down and the rear window out. It was much more tolerable than hoping the HVAC could keep me cool.

If you drop the water/coolant mix to 75/25 and add a bottle of water wetter, it will bring the temps down a little. But I think the A/C lines get heat soak and doesn't allow the freon to ever drop to a low temp.

I had mine fixed before taking delivery, it stopped working and the rear only blew hot air.

Welcome back and what a heck of a re-introduction post! Congrats on the rides and I am glad to see I am not the only one that was gaga over the H1. Was going to ask why you just didn't go for an Alpha but you answered that before I could ask. The matte black sounds nuts! We need some pics up in here ASAP.

Welcome Back! Rolling on the purchases!