So... Ebola...

Roman

It's interesting the Wiki page still shows only Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone with the big numbers.

Either other countries are not reporting cases or there is some kind of containment going on over there preventing further spread.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting the Wiki page still shows only Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone with the big numbers.

Either other countries are not reporting cases or there is some kind of containment going on over there preventing further spread.

Neighboring countries said "fcuk you" and closed their borders (including dudes with guns) just before I started this thread

Most of the rest of the world has done the same.... Except us....

Its official. This is the most selfish, feckless generation ever....

Sure. You may be carrying a highly contagious, deadly virus... But for gods sake don't let that interfere with your vacation plans.

Hospital employee who handled ebola samples, went on a cruise.

If you read nothing else today, read this article.... I hate the headline, because it's not yet time to panic... But everything else in it is spot on....

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ebola-who-cites-c...42-days-1470326

It's not time to be panicked. But unfortunately, in their effort to not spread panic, the people we pay to be concerned about the spread of infectious disease have instead chosen to convey and spread apathy...

From John Heald's (Senior Cruise Director for Carnival) Facebook page on the cruise ship incident:

Good morning everyone from my hotel room here at the Marriotthyattcontinental. Some of you may have seen a news report that I wanted to make sure I responded to as quickly as possible. Here then is Carnival's reply to that report;

Late afternoon on Wednesday, Oct. 15., we were made aware by the U.S. CDC of a guest sailing this week on board Carnival Magic who is a lab supervisor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. At no point in time has the individual exhibited any symptoms or signs of infection and it has been 19 days since she was in the lab with the testing samples. She is deemed by CDC to be very low risk. At this time, the guest remains in isolation on board the ship and is not deemed to be a risk to any guests or crew. It is important to reiterate that the individual has no symptoms and has been isolated in an extreme abundance of caution. We are in close contact with the CDC and at this time it has been determined that the appropriate course of action is to simply keep the guest in isolation on board.

Cheers

Cramer just told us to buy cruise lines... :icon_anal:

Question - how does that isolated guest get food?

Another question - would those over the mouth masks do anything to prevent Ebola?

Ok... Panic... (just kidding) (sort of)

B0HJIntCIAAHSaT.jpg

Can somebody confirm it went through Cincinnati?

I don't see where it when through Cincinnati, however I don't see where it went to California or Washington State either.

According to Flightaware these are the routes traveled during and after the nurse got on the plane.

16-Oct-2014 A320/L Denver Intl (KDEN) Newark Liberty Intl (KEWR) 11:14PM MDT 04:23AM EDT (+1) 3:08

15-Oct-2014 A320 Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) Denver Intl (KDEN) 07:27PM EDT 08:27PM MDT Cancelled

15-Oct-2014 A320/L Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Denver Intl (KDEN) 06:34PM EDT 07:12PM MDT 2:38

15-Oct-2014 A320 Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) 04:05PM EDT 05:36PM EDT Cancelled

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) 10:12PM EDT 11:19PM EDT 1:07

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) 07:24PM EDT 09:03PM EDT 1:39

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Hollywood Int'l (KFLL) Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) 04:02PM EDT 06:16PM EDT 2:14

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Hollywood Int'l (KFLL) 12:24PM EDT 03:00PM EDT 2:36

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Dallas/Fort Worth Intl (KDFW) Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) 08:11AM CDT 11:14AM EDT 2:03

Its official. This is the most selfish, feckless generation ever....

Sure. You may be carrying a highly contagious, deadly virus... But for gods sake don't let that interfere with your vacation plans.

Hospital employee who handled ebola samples, went on a cruise.

WELL HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT.

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast

“Confirmed with representatives of the Ministry of Health that they have indeed received a report that there is at least one passenger on board the cruise ship, Carnival Magic, SHOWING SYMPTOMS similar to that of the Ebola virus. According to the report made to MOH, the person exhibiting the symptoms did not come ashore today. The ship is reportedly carrying 3652 passengers and a total population of 4633 persons.

http://belizean.com/belize-confirms-patien...its-coast-1814/

Unfrucken believable. This is totally out of control now. The CDC has officially lost it by allowing these people to travel anywhere, especially in close quarters like airplanes and ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see where it when through Cincinnati, however I don't see where it went to California or Washington State either.

According to Flightaware these are the routes traveled during and after the nurse got on the plane.

16-Oct-2014 A320/L Denver Intl (KDEN) Newark Liberty Intl (KEWR) 11:14PM MDT 04:23AM EDT (+1) 3:08

15-Oct-2014 A320 Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) Denver Intl (KDEN) 07:27PM EDT 08:27PM MDT Cancelled

15-Oct-2014 A320/L Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Denver Intl (KDEN) 06:34PM EDT 07:12PM MDT 2:38

15-Oct-2014 A320 Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) 04:05PM EDT 05:36PM EDT Cancelled

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) 10:12PM EDT 11:19PM EDT 1:07

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Hartsfield-Jackson Intl (KATL) 07:24PM EDT 09:03PM EDT 1:39

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Hollywood Int'l (KFLL) Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) 04:02PM EDT 06:16PM EDT 2:14

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) Hollywood Int'l (KFLL) 12:24PM EDT 03:00PM EDT 2:36

14-Oct-2014 A320/L Dallas/Fort Worth Intl (KDFW) Cleveland-Hopkins Intl (KCLE) 08:11AM CDT 11:14AM EDT 2:03

The flights through Cincinnati would have been shortly after her flight on the 10th. I haven't seen them listed anywhere even though they admitted she may have been contagious then.

Interesting. Everything ive read said the tech was showing no symptoms (but its only been 19 days.)

It may be a bogus report. If so I apologize for the misinformation.

Not sure why all the panic. Only 1 dead in the US. How many died today from drinking related illness? Probably hundreds to thousands...just today. Anyone not drink today because of that? No...

Ill panic when the number of dead of Ebola in the US is over 100k.

Not sure why all the panic. Only 1 dead in the US. How many died today from drinking related illness? Probably hundreds to thousands...just today. Anyone not drink today because of that? No...

100k? if we reach 100,000 DEAD people in the US. you might be dead or contaminated before you panic. I would start freaking out at 100 people not 100,000.

You wont panic until there are 100K dead?! ummmmmmm...ok then

I don't even know why we have this thread. 3 people told me ebola was a hoax over last 24 hours...

If we have 100k dead from a wildly communicable disease in the US, this entire country is going to grind to a halt.

Alcohol, Obesity, Tobacco, Drugs, those you can choose not to have. Cancer and similar you can not choose but you don't get them by accident from anybody either.

Ebola on cruise ship on the other hand (if that IS true), holyyyy shit!!

I don't even know why we have this thread. 3 people told me ebola was a hoax over last 24 hours...

Me too, that's fcuking irritating. This friend has been selling soap or colostrum in every ponzi scheme there has ever been and now it's proved the Ebola is hoax of Vaccine companies. :eusa_wall:

Latest from John Heald, Senior Cruise Director for Carnival:

Here is the latest news for you.

The Carnival Magic, which was waiting off the coast of Cozumel, Mexico this morning to dock there for a scheduled port visit, had not received clearance from Mexican authorities to do so by 12 noon eastern time today and therefore the decision was made to proceed to Galveston to ensure the ship arrives there on time on Sunday morning.

We greatly regret that this situation, which was completely beyond our control, precluded the ship from making its scheduled visit to Cozumel and the resulting disappointment it has caused our guests.

The Texas healthcare worker on board continues to show no symptoms of illness and poses no risk to the guests or crew on board.

The individual remains in voluntary isolation. Guests on the ship are being provided a $200 per person credit to their shipboard accounts and a 50 percent discount on a future cruise based on the missed visit to Cozumel.

Guests on the ship are being provided a $200 per person credit to their shipboard accounts and a 50 percent discount on a future cruise based on the missed visit to Cozumel.

I would love to see the cruise line sue her for the 7 Figure revenue hit she just caused them. Knowingly doing shit like this should be criminal.

I would love to see the cruise line sue her for the 7 Figure revenue hit she just caused them. Knowingly doing shit like this should be criminal.

Normally I would say, "you can't get blood from a turnip..." But given its hemoraghic fever, you sure could give it a shot....

Proving once again, you have some really weird friends.