.....and the rioting and looting has begun.

Castor Troy

Yeah newbs wouldn't remember that video of the guy taking out like 5 armed men with his knife. Effective range of a knife is something like 20 yards?

I think it's more like 20ft, but yeah, a shit load further than this guy was away from those cops.

I'm sorry, but if you continue to aggressively approach two cops with their guns drawn, exactly what the fcuk did you think the outcome would be?

He could have sat his ass down on that curb and would still be alive today.

Negative fucks given about the dead guy. And I'm pissed it's going to burn up 7 figures of taxpayer $$$ before the bullshit settles.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more like 20ft, but yeah, a shit load further than this guy was away from those cops.

I'm sorry, but if you continue to aggressively approach two cops with their guns drawn, exactly what the fcuk did you think the outcome would be?

Negative fucks given about the dead guy. And I'm pissed it's going to burn up 7 figures of taxpayer $$$ before the bullshit settles.

Bitch of it is, not $1 of the taxpayer money will come from those doing the looting and rioting....

At least Eric Holder did a bang up job out there. "I can understand your feelings towrads the police" or whatever he said along those lines. Way to encourage the behavior you stupid prick.

Yes, it's the 21 foot rule

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill

Anyone know if it is true that the police officers were shouting taunts at the rioters and protesters?

Wheels if you are talking about this isolated indecent.

A police officer from St. Ann, Missouri, has been relieved of duty and suspended indefinitely after pointing an assault rifle at a protester in Ferguson.

Then yes however he has been suspended from duty indefinitely.

Other than this case I have not heard of anything else.

Officer who shot Brown did not have a fractured eye orbital...

This story is so fucked up...

Not sure why the family would hire a fraud, to work along side one of the best forensic pathologists in the US.

The answer is quite obvious to me.

Any mistakes or misconceptions on my part, feel free to correct, but what bugs me in all this is all of the talk about how Brown didn't have to be shot six times or that the officer used excessive force. Now providing that the officer's story is true (which we do not know for sure, but let's assume for the sake of argument that it is), well then in shooting someone of the size of Michael Brown, six shots may not have been nearly enough.

There are instances of where criminals have stood up to ten to fifteen shots and still didn't drop. It is a Hollywood belief that if someone is shot once, that they just drop. Look at the woman in Georgia who was defending her children from a man who broke into their home and she fired at him with a six-shot revolver. She missed once but hit him five times. He didn't die or even drop, he decided that he had had enough and ran out of the house, where he was then arrested. You can shoot the heart out of a person and they can still run over and kill you.

There are many reasons why someone won't drop. They could be high on drugs, adrenaline, rage, determination, or some combination of these, and also, the body will turn off the pain when shocked enough. For example when James Holmes was shooting up Aurora, the one woman was trying to escape, and felt something funny down at her waist. She looked down and her intestines were hanging out. She had been shot but hadn't even felt it.

Then you factor in shooting from the shooter's standpoint. People say, "Well cops are trained..." but the average cop isn't necessarily that well-trained at shooting. Most shots fired by cops miss. And when you then factor in fear, adrenaline, etc...the shot groups a person makes when relaxed and rested and at a range will expand a lot. So a person is more likely to miss in a life-or-death situation.

Then there are those saying, "Why didn't he shoot to wound?" Well there is no such thing, as you can shoot someone in the skull and they can survive (Gabby Giffords for example) and you can shoot someone in say the leg and burst an artery and kill them. It also legally can be suicide. But also, if gigantic person is charging you, after just having attacked you, you don't think, "Shoot to wound," as you don't have the time, you have just a second or two to blast off rounds to hopefully stop the person.

As it is, if the officer's story is correct, six shots may not have been nearly enough to stop Michael Brown. What stopped him was one of the rounds struck him in the skull.

Officer who shot Brown did not have a fractured eye orbital...

This story is so fucked up...

That's a game changer IMHO, where did you get this info and any way to confirm this is true as opposed to all the other stories, only one can be right.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us...-audio.cnn.html

Hmmmm. Guy claims a video chat he was doing at the time of the shooting recorded audio of the shots. Sounds like 6 shots, followed shortly thereafter by 4 more. Which does not seem at all consistent with what the police have been saying thus far, or with the officer's supposed version of events (1 shot fired as they struggled over the gun in the car, which didn't hit anyone, followed shortly thereafter by at least 6 shots as Brown allegedly rushed the officer). No idea if this audio is what they claim it is or what the hell actually happened at this point.

Any mistakes or misconceptions on my part, feel free to correct, but what bugs me in all this is all of the talk about how Brown didn't have to be shot six times or that the officer used excessive force. Now providing that the officer's story is true (which we do not know for sure, but let's assume for the sake of argument that it is), well then in shooting someone of the size of Michael Brown, six shots may not have been nearly enough.

There are instances of where criminals have stood up to ten to fifteen shots and still didn't drop. It is a Hollywood belief that if someone is shot once, that they just drop. Look at the woman in Georgia who was defending her children from a man who broke into their home and she fired at him with a six-shot revolver. She missed once but hit him five times. He didn't die or even drop, he decided that he had had enough and ran out of the house, where he was then arrested. You can shoot the heart out of a person and they can still run over and kill you.

There are many reasons why someone won't drop. They could be high on drugs, adrenaline, rage, determination, or some combination of these, and also, the body will turn off the pain when shocked enough. For example when James Holmes was shooting up Aurora, the one woman was trying to escape, and felt something funny down at her waist. She looked down and her intestines were hanging out. She had been shot but hadn't even felt it.

Then you factor in shooting from the shooter's standpoint. People say, "Well cops are trained..." but the average cop isn't necessarily that well-trained at shooting. Most shots fired by cops miss. And when you then factor in fear, adrenaline, etc...the shot groups a person makes when relaxed and rested and at a range will expand a lot. So a person is more likely to miss in a life-or-death situation.

Then there are those saying, "Why didn't he shoot to wound?" Well there is no such thing, as you can shoot someone in the skull and they can survive (Gabby Giffords for example) and you can shoot someone in say the leg and burst an artery and kill them. It also legally can be suicide. But also, if gigantic person is charging you, after just having attacked you, you don't think, "Shoot to wound," as you don't have the time, you have just a second or two to blast off rounds to hopefully stop the person.

As it is, if the officer's story is correct, six shots may not have been nearly enough to stop Michael Brown. What stopped him was one of the rounds struck him in the skull.

TLDR

BUUUUUUT... If you threaten my life you're going to be lucky if I don't vapor lock and empty the whole fcuking mag in your ass and keep pulling the trigger on an empty chamber about 12 more times....

What's most upsetting about this whole damn situation is the accusations by both sides in this issue (though much more so by one side than the other) when we all still have NO IDEA yet what actually went down. NONE. We've got some circumstantial stuff, a little audio of two people casually talking where one describes it (who knows how accurate that account is), and we've got "witness" accounts claiming everything from the idea that Brown was on his knees with his hands up surrendering when the officer shot him from the back (pretty absurd) to the officer's (and the witness caught on the audio tape's) account that Brown tackled him inside the police car, then came and rushed at him a second time.

The stories vary by A MILLION MILES in what they claim. And so far there is no video that has emerged of the evidence. Therefore, so far, we know next to NOTHING.

And yet people have jumped to conclusions to the degree that they're practically setting fire to the world.

By the way, none of this is helped by the media's SHIT performance in recent times, fact checking be damned, as illustrated by Don Lemon on CNN last night, when they first received that audio of the gun shots, prefacing it by saying something like, "To be clear, we are being TOLD this is audio of the incident in question, but we have not been able to verify that yet" -- and they THEN WENT ON TO PLAY THE F'ING AUDIO ANYWAY! Way to rile up the public with what could very well (at least as far as what CNN knew of it at the time) have been a COMPLETELY UNRELATED AUDIO CLIP.

Anyone remember the chase for the Boston bombers? "They were last scene in a purple Honda Civic. No no, word is now that they were last seen on a green Vespa. We're getting word now that they were driving a white panel truck. No, wait, they were apparently seen in a purple Honda Civic again. The latest is that they're piloting a drone . . . . " fcuk. OFF! What ever happened to having some self-respect for doing a goddamn professional job as a journalist/reporter?!

You are 100% correct. Nobody would ever understand unless put in this position. If their is a threat you are trained to fire till their is no longer a threat. Nobody would ever understand until you put them in that position. I also agree with you in regards to LE training with firearms. I have been around several LE and other govt agencies and it is scary how poorly trained they are. They do not train enough in my eyes which is unfortunate. With that being said, I have also been around some great SWAT teams that are full time and would be comfortable with them in any scenario. Also, even in the shooting with the person with the knife LE will train in what some call the 21 ft rule or Tueller Drill. If you want to just try this with a buddy you are fucked if someone comes at you with a knife even within 30 ft. Again, adrenaline is kicking, etc for both LE and the threat. Just try the 21ft rule with someone and you will see real fast even when firing that they will be on top of you before you know it and even if shot several times you are going to get fucked up.

As much as I don't like the police, if you attack one I would expect the same result as if you attacked any armed civilian. To be turned into swiss cheese.