DD new car options? need advice...

SV-N-IT

I have a 13' mini JCW roadster all tricked out that I use to buzz around town or take to the office.

im thinking off trading it in for a Audi S3, S4, or CLA45. I like these small pocket rockets and want to spend no more than 60k. if you can think of any other cool cars in this range let me know. TY

Your mini kicks the shit out of the three you mentioned for roosting around the city. S4 is a big maybe, but it's not going to be as fun to drive.

Why change?

Your mini kicks the shit out of the three you mentioned for roosting around the city. S4 is a big maybe, but it's not going to be as fun to drive.

Why change?

maybe your right, that's why I wanted opinions. the only thing I dont like about the mini is its so loud with the top up you can barely make a call. lol

I haven't driven any of the 3 that I mentioned. I was going to test out this wknd.

ty

:iamwithstupid:

The S3/S4 will be a big maybe compared to your current. I love Audi's and I have an S4 (but it's an 05 with a V8). The newer ones with the supercharged V6 is just kind of "Eh", good to modify but they sound like garbage most of the time. The S3 while it's pretty cool is going to be under powered. If you're not in a hurry they are supposed to be releasing the RS3 which would be a badass if they do it right. I have no experience with the CLA except that I think they look cool.

:iamwithstupid:

The S3/S4 will be a big maybe compared to your current. I love Audi's and I have an S4 (but it's an 05 with a V8). The newer ones with the supercharged V6 is just kind of "Eh", good to modify but they sound like garbage most of the time. The S3 while it's pretty cool is going to be under powered. If you're not in a hurry they are supposed to be releasing the RS3 which would be a badass if they do it right. I have no experience with the CLA except that I think they look cool.

the RS3 is what I really want, but I wasn't sure if they were coming to the US.

maybe your right, that's why I wanted opinions. the only thing I dont like about the mini is its so loud with the top up you can barely make a call. lol

I haven't driven any of the 3 that I mentioned. I was going to test out this wknd.

ty

Wait... I thought you had the GP coupe? What made you swap to the roadster?

Considering none of the cars you're considering are verts, maybe going back to the coupe is your answer?

I'm an inordinately huge fan of Minis, but to me it sounds like you'll be pretty bored with any of the three you mentioned.

I borrowed my buddies cooper S (blower) for a weekend and am probably the only guy on the planet to get 16mpg in a mini.... because I drove it like a fcuking asshole on a gocart track everywhere. It was delightful. :icon_mrgreen:

funny that you posted this

we spent last week looking for a dd for the wife we checked all the cars you posted at the end of the day it looks like a mini countryman john cooper woorks it the one she wants the benz and audi bmw just were blahh

I must admit I love the way the new A3 series looks, the design is so sleek and coherent, too small for what I need but I am sure the RS3 would be lots of fun.

I DD a new Audi S4 Avant, DCT, very understated which is important for me, sounds very good, very comfortable and quite fast when you want it to be, I specced the sports diff and it's incredible how this car handles. I highly recommend it as a DD.

Bought myself an M235i and love it to death! Ignore the crappy dealer fake chrome plate holder wearing off. haha... It has gotten nothing but rave reviews from every magazine/blog/video out there. X-drive available this year as well if you need a DD.

post-14782-1409275211.jpg

post-14782-1409275217.jpg

Definitely worth a quick test drive at the very least.

I have a 13' mini JCW roadster all tricked out that I use to buzz around town or take to the office.

im thinking off trading it in for a Audi S3, S4, or CLA45. I like these small pocket rockets and want to spend no more than 60k. if you can think of any other cool cars in this range let me know. TY

Had a '12 S4 for 6 months and 6K miles. Car was ok but I really found the seats very uncomfortable. I constantly messed with the adjustments.

Dumped it for a Cayenne.

How about the Macan S? Porsche 18 way sport seats rock!!

I think the CLA45 is a bit chicky for a guy like you :icon_mrgreen:

funny that you posted this

we spent last week looking for a dd for the wife we checked all the cars you posted at the end of the day it looks like a mini countryman john cooper woorks it the one she wants the benz and audi bmw just were blahh

I asked my wife to choose between a Bentley and RS7 as her daily and she chose the Mini JCW Countryman. She says it's like a go-kart on acid.

Thx guys!

We have no A1 here and hopefully we get the RS3 soon!

Yeah I think the cla and m235 might not fit me well lol but I'll check them

Out this wknd.

FYI traded the Mini GP for the Jcw roadster cause of the drop top. But since I Have the spider coming I want a quiet dd hard top.

I must admit I love the way the new A3 series looks, the design is so sleek and coherent, too small for what I need but I am sure the RS3 would be lots of fun.

I DD a new Audi S4 Avant, DCT, very understated which is important for me, sounds very good, very comfortable and quite fast when you want it to be, I specced the sports diff and it's incredible how this car handles. I highly recommend it as a DD.

The S3 is the size of the older gen A4 and does look quite nice. The new A4 has gotten so big (as has every other car out there).

Bought myself an M235i and love it to death! Ignore the crappy dealer fake chrome plate holder wearing off. haha... It has gotten nothing but rave reviews from every magazine/blog/video out there. X-drive available this year as well if you need a DD.

post-14782-1409275211.jpg

post-14782-1409275217.jpg

Definitely worth a quick test drive at the very least.

The M235i looks sharp and drives even better and you are right...the reviews are out of this work. Looks 100x better then the old 3 series coupe especially rear of the door. Yours is stunning in that color!

I asked my wife to choose between a Bentley and RS7 as her daily and she chose the Mini JCW Countryman. She says it's like a go-kart on acid.

Well damn didn't see that coming at all. Your wife sounds cool as heck!

I drove a Mini Countryman All4 S today! I love this car! I know you dont need an AWD car living in Florida, but man I loved it so much. This one was just out of warranty though, I dont know how I feel about a Mini out of warranty. Not a huge amount of space but the most I need to haul is a dog kennel. Mini is an under rated car, or maybe not with some of the reviews Ive read.

I know off topic since you want to get rid of yours.