Didn't this SV just sell for $125 ?

donzikid

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is...

Interesting coincidence that we would have an LP member named DangerRuss, and Roy could potentially sell a Lambo to @dangerRuss, hobbit QB Russell Wilson of the Seahawks....

People just don't realise... if you want an SE or SV.... you don't have many choices.. So pay up, or buy something else.

I hear ya.

Back when I was younger, I'd debate this all the time in my mind fantasizing about the perfect car. But if I'm ever in the position to buy one of those, I would just pick the best overall car available and accept it.

With regards to CT vs. Diablo, it's a tough one I can imagine but right now the Diablo at its price is clearly the better car to own.

Price no object?

I know a hardcore CT guy who had a downdraft QV for about a decade, you'd never imagine him ever selling it......sells the car to get a '94 SE and never looked back. It was quite surprising, as this guy is really into the manual steering, rawness, etc like myself and a few others. He was also a Lotus guy who wouldn't look newer than an '89 or so Esprit for similar reasons.

CT is iconic, but way too much money IMO to just look at.

I figure I should pick a power steering Diablo SV over an early car, and get my manual steering fix through an Elise, Caterham or older Ferrari. :icon_thumleft:

I hear ya.

Back when I was younger, I'd debate this all the time in my mind fantasizing about the perfect car. But if I'm ever in the position to buy one of those, I would just pick the best overall car available and accept it.

With regards to CT vs. Diablo, it's a tough one I can imagine but right now the Diablo at its price is clearly the better car to own.

Price no object?

I know a hardcore CT guy who had a downdraft QV for about a decade, you'd never imagine him ever selling it......sells the car to get a '94 SE and never looked back. It was quite surprising, as this guy is really into the manual steering, rawness, etc like myself and a few others. He was also a Lotus guy who wouldn't look newer than an '89 or so Esprit for similar reasons.

CT is iconic, but way too much money IMO to just look at.

I figure I should pick a power steering Diablo SV over an early car, and get my manual steering fix through an Elise, Caterham or older Ferrari. :icon_thumleft:

CT is not just to look at, it is a LOT of fun to drive on the road to me

the diablo is fantastic! do not get me wrong...and the design is also a masterpiece (after 24 year looks still almost contemporary!!)

to me the biggest diablo faults are: power steering-too big and heavy compared to countach - FI

i just like the feel of no-PS and the direct contact carbs feel.

it is not that the steering in diablo is bad or the FI is not good...i just miss the way the countach drove when i am in a diablo

all this said, at today values the diablo is the car to go and a great deal for the money...not worth to spend over 450k$ for a countach when you can get a nice diablo for 100-150k $

CT is not just to look at, it is a LOT of fun to drive on the road to me

the diablo is fantastic! do not get me wrong...and the design is also a masterpiece (after 24 year looks still almost contemporary!!)

to me the biggest diablo faults are: power steering-too big and heavy compared to countach - FI

i just like the feel of no-PS and the direct contact carbs feel.

it is not that the steering in diablo is bad or the FI is not good...i just miss the way the countach drove when i am in a diablo

all this said, at today values the diablo is the car to go and a great deal for the money...not worth to spend over 450k$ for a countach when you can get a nice diablo for 100-150k $

Have you ever driven a euro Diablo SE/Jota, or even the early Diablos? Those didn't have power steering.

Weight is weight, I hear ya there.

I understand the desire for vintage carbs and everything. Gotta have at least one proper carb machine in an enthusiast garage.

Have you ever driven a euro Diablo SE/Jota, or even the early Diablos? Those didn't have power steering.

Weight is weight, I hear ya there.

I understand the desire for vintage carbs and everything. Gotta have at least one proper carb machine in an enthusiast garage.

yes, i think i would love an SE or 91

still not a countach

let me put it this way: i like the 308 carbed GTB more than driving a diablo with P/S...IF ONLY the 308 had 300-350 real hp it would be PERFECT

They will jump forsure... Just depends on how long you want to wait.. The one thing that is forsure... is they arent getting any cheaper..

Looking at the Diablo market lately. We might just be closer than we realize to a diablo boom as well..

I just heard that they got all the money. I am thinking the Diablos are going up sooner than expected. Maybe I need another one now.

I just heard that they got all the money. I am thinking the Diablos are going up sooner than expected. Maybe I need another one now.

I am told also, that it sold for full asking.. I would do a yellow SV across it..

Yes, they got FULL asking price for it. I provided them ALL the service records and work we did on it and the aided in their closing the deal...

Great for them.

It was a solid car, after we did a lot of work to it, I must say I am surprised it got all the asking money for it...I just did not think they were there yet...guess I was wrong.

Yes, they got FULL asking price for it. I provided them ALL the service records and work we did on it and the aided in their closing the deal...

Great for them.

It was a solid car, after we did a lot of work to it, I must say I am surprised it got all the asking money for it...I just did not think they were there yet...guess I was wrong.

Think about it... you want an SV, or SE.. where do you find one.. there are none available... They will be worth all the money in the future...

I may not be in the business of exotic car sales, but looking at the available inventory it's sketchy at best.. Diablo is clearly on the rise. I am willing to bet that by spring next year values of nice Diablo's will be even healthier..

HEY this is all great new for us SV owners!!!!!

ONLY great if you sell it and get that money...tell then its just a "wishful" thought.

Until MONEY is in the bank...means NADA

ONLY great if you sell it and get that money...tell then its just a "wishful" thought.

Until MONEY is in the bank...means NADA

But wouldn't this sale set the bar for an equally well maintained and well conditioned SV?