Comedian Joan Rivers is dead

Allan-Herbie

I announced it on Monday on Facebook, you're slacking

Must have gotten lost amongst all the Kebaboque threads

In this stupid politically correct world, her big yapping trap will be missed and people like her are sorely needed.

Nothing better then hearing someone say "That's offensive.. I'm offended" and her saying "Good, be offended."

In this stupid politically correct world, her big yapping trap will be missed and people like her are sorely needed.

Nothing better then hearing someone say "That's offensive.. I'm offended" and her saying "Good, be offended."

Rob, do you remember when we were in the Palazzo drinking and we saw her walk by?

"Joan Rivers once told me she would die before she'd ever apologize for a joke. I'm glad she made it." -- Anthony Jesselnik

RIP.

I flew next to her pretty frequently from LA to NYC this past year, and she was the nicest fcuking person. I first bumped into her in security at LAX last october, she had a huge mink coat, a well patina'd black Birkin and was just cool as shit. I said" Love your coat, my girlfriend would love it" and she replied "Yeah it is nice and warm, but honey, if your girlfriend wants this coat maybe you should get a younger girlfriend." Just a really nice lady. Great to talk to and wasn't full of herself. RIP.

:iamwithstupid:

She had an incredible journey. Back in the day, to control an audience was a very male thing. The only other notable comedic females were Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett and they were doing slapstick. Rivers refused and insisted stand-up. She had a highly publicized friendship then battle with Johnny Carson. Her bitchy humor was both abrasive and funny.

Skokos called for the unholy trifecta of deaths... we got Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall... now we've got Joan Rivers.

Much like Robin Williams, didn't like the brand of humor at all, but have to respect the success. RIP.

:iamwithstupid:

She had an incredible journey. Back in the day, to control an audience was a very male thing. The only other notable comedic females were Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett and they were doing slapstick. Rivers refused and insisted stand-up. She had a highly publicized friendship then battle with Johnny Carson. Her bitchy humor was both abrasive and funny.

Skokos called for the unholy trifecta of deaths... we got Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall... now we've got Joan Rivers.

Much like Robin Williams, didn't like the brand of humor at all, but have to respect the success. RIP.

Sorry Joan, I didn't mean to put that bad voodoo on you!

I think it's time we all reflect and remember what's truly

important on a day like this...

IpyFRKy.jpg

Sorry Joan, I didn't mean to put that bad voodoo on you!

I think it's time we all reflect and remember what's truly

important on a day like this...

IpyFRKy.jpg

hahahaha

Maybe female comedians live different lives than their male counterparts, but comedians in general come from a very dark place and often have bouts with depression and suicide.

So 81 years old, not bad at all considering the profession.