Huracan - Finally Saw it in real form

Odyssey

Saw the Huracan several days ago in Houston at the Lamborghini Festival....

Let me first say as a Lambo owner and longtime admirer of the brand I am a little disappointed.

Here are my thoughts:

1. The exterior does not have what I call an exotic look. It does not stand out. It's nice but no exotic. I would it at the same wow! level as a Porsche 911.

There was a Squadra Corsa and an LP-570 parked near it and they just blew away the Huracan in looks and appeal.

2. I really hate to say this but the new C7 - Corvette blows away the Huracan in terms of that "Exotic look" LET ME STATE CLEARLY I DESPISE AMERICAN MUSCILE CARS and think the Corvette is an exotic wannabe. BUT I have to admit and I am sure some of you out there feel the same way...put a nice full optioned C7 next to a Huracan and the Huracan disappears.

3. I buy a Lamborghini not because they are the fastest but because they blow away most any car when it comes to design. Look at the Aventador or the Gallardo or the Murci or the Muira and my favorite the Countach...park it in your garage and stare at it all night...your admiration will only increase. Huracan...WTF...WTF!!!

The interior is nice but exterior is where it counts and the Huracan fell far short.

Don't get me wrong...it's nice and so is a 911 or an M3 but honestly I don't see that wow factor at all...not a bit!

My flame suit it on....

Odyssey

Don't get me wrong...but ....

I deeply distrust people injecting "Don't get me wrong...but ...."

Overall, you are free to purchase Corvette anytime soon. Of course after GM straightens up all the recall issues.

I had the same opinion but after really looking at them, it's not close. Older G car clearly looks dated.

model61815.jpg

IMG_9333-1024x768.jpg

0.jpg

1153017[/url]']

lol gtfo. Huracan is the tits.

Amen brother!!

It's a bit unfair to compare a LP570 or Squadra Corse to a regular Hurracan. You should compare it to a regular LP560.

Add a wing, more aggresive bumpers, CF mirrors etc. to a Hurracan and I'm sure your opinion would change.

When I saw a Lamborgihini before my heart was beating faster, I was changing my path to see Gallardo and Aventador in front of showrooms but I didn't feel any excitement when I saw Huracan in real life.. I guess it's not because Huracan is less exotic, it's because Gallardo design was ahead of time and we expected a radical transform like Murci > Aventador .. Huracan exterior is much like previous Gallardo with half Murci (side fenders) .. Interior design and performance is another story but I was expecting a radical design like Sesto Elemento.

I like the Huracan but don't love it. It is growing on me but I was too hoping for something more Sesto-ish.

I don't think it is really a fair comparison between the base model Huracan to the best of the best Gallardo after 10 years of updates. As an initial starting point, I think the Huracan (and Aventador) is great. When the SL, STS, etc. Huracans come, I think it will look epic.

I agree that performance is another story - a bit underwhelming, but still fast enough for the vast majority.

I'm not a fan of the Huracan design at this point myself--I've been trying hard to warm up to it. But I completely agree with Nath4N--I've really never gravitated to the base V10 models, only having purchased Superleggera models in the past. I'm anxious to see what the Huracan Superleggera brings to the table. Besides looks, I'm hoping the SL models offers a significantly "edgier" driving experience than the current car.

Everything is relative. When the G hit the showroom in 04 it was like nothing else on the road, now we've gotten used to it's shape so the Huracan is not such a shocker. The R8 looked straight out of science fiction when the concepts were first released. The Huracan is a sweet car for it's segment, it still slots in with the 458 like the G did with the 430, not as sharp a sports car but adds a little more pop factor. Honestly it's the Aventador that carries the torch as the Countach, Diablo, Murci successor, and each of those look so different from each other they are all very unique. That said it is the Gallardo and Huracan that keep the company afloat and inject the funds needed for R&D. 15 Years ago Porsche was exotic...hell only doctors and lawyers owned BMW's but with financing and leasing etc...the market gets diluted. Also I was watching basic instinct last night and when Michael Douglas pulls up to the beach house in his 80's normal car and there are two lotuses on the driveway..the design looks loghtyears ahead....with new automobile designs and technology mid prices cars are looking similar to exotics. In the 60's the Miura was insanity with 300ho when other cars had like 75..... now an M5 or E63 has close to 600hp......just saying...the gap between super car and mid price cars is getting tighter

Saw the Huracan several days ago in Houston at the Lamborghini Festival....

Let me first say as a Lambo owner and longtime admirer of the brand I am a little disappointed.

Here are my thoughts:

1. The exterior does not have what I call an exotic look. It does not stand out. It's nice but no exotic. I would it at the same wow! level as a Porsche 911.

There was a Squadra Corsa and an LP-570 parked near it and they just blew away the Huracan in looks and appeal.

2. I really hate to say this but the new C7 - Corvette blows away the Huracan in terms of that "Exotic look" LET ME STATE CLEARLY I DESPISE AMERICAN MUSCILE CARS and think the Corvette is an exotic wannabe. BUT I have to admit and I am sure some of you out there feel the same way...put a nice full optioned C7 next to a Huracan and the Huracan disappears.

3. I buy a Lamborghini not because they are the fastest but because they blow away most any car when it comes to design. Look at the Aventador or the Gallardo or the Murci or the Muira and my favorite the Countach...park it in your garage and stare at it all night...your admiration will only increase. Huracan...WTF...WTF!!!

The interior is nice but exterior is where it counts and the Huracan fell far short.

Don't get me wrong...it's nice and so is a 911 or an M3 but honestly I don't see that wow factor at all...not a bit!

My flame suit it on....

Odyssey

Odyssey I feel your right on point with that observation. This Lambo lacks the wildness of so many that came before it including the Aventador. Maybe they just tried to appeal to too many people? I love the looks of the new C7 also. Looks like no Huracan for me.

Yeah the Huracan is crap that's why they sold over 2500 of them before any cars hit the showrooms, that's why dealers are asking $80k to $100k over list or you have to wait close to a year to get one, Lambo screwed up again. Terrible!

Odyssey I feel your right on point with that observation. This Lambo lacks the wildness of so many that came before it including the Aventador. Maybe they just tried to appeal to too many people? I love the looks of the new C7 also. Looks like no Huracan for me.

Bro, the Corvette looks like the last version with a few creases. Put the C6 and C7 next to each other and most people can't tell which is which !

I would say patience is a virtue when judging looks of exotics.

Your opinion will probably be different a year or two from now.

I did not like the 560 look originally compared to the first G, and not long after I wouldn't have it any other way.

Murci took some time to warm up to as well. Still think the Diablo is overall nicer looking, but initially it was a big difference.

Yeah the Huracan is crap that's why they sold over 2500 of them before any cars hit the showrooms, that's why dealers are asking $80k to $100k over list or you have to wait close to a year to get one, Lambo screwed up again. Terrible!

Why are you so defensive all the time? Just the marque name alone can sell that many. Some people will see it as being a huge discount to the Aventador yet still having the badge of the bull.

The SL will look better and drive better in not too long of a time. Cool down a bit...