Finally!

Fortis

Waiting is fun huh?

Seeing a right hand drive is both fascinating and scary! Not sure if I'll know how to drive it?!

Congrats! Can wait to see your new baby Bull in your new fortress!!

Waiting is part of the fun :icon_mrgreen: I feel the same, I can't wait to see it parked in the new house!

Driving RHD isn't that scary but I wouldn't recommend your first RHD drive be in a Lambo in particular if you dislike scratched wheels LOL

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possibly one of the first if not the very first right-hand-drive Rosso Mars Huracan made?

its on the RIGHT side :icon_mrgreen:

Theres 2-3 Rosso Mars Huracans in RIGHT hand drive here in Singapore.

As I’ve promised I’d like to write about some of my initial impressions, please allow me to start with few disclaimers!

I’d like to start by saying, this isn’t a track ready race car, I didn’t buy it for that purpose, I am not a race car driver, I am simply a car nut who isn’t interested in breaking records, happens to love Lambos and has the ability of driving good enough to enjoy himself!

You will not find in my post things which make zero difference to me, such as any kind of metrics, VBOX numbers, quarter, half and full mile numbers, dyno numbers, 0 -60-100 and back to 0, send it to UGR :icon_mrgreen: none of that stuff which makes no difference to my own ownership experience and the reasons behind me acquiring the car!

Also please do not expect VCR quality level review I need A LOT more practice before I get there! The guy is a magician!

This will be kind of long and maybe boring so your chance of getting out is just about now :icon_mrgreen:

A lot of the comparisons will be between the 570 SL I had for almost 3 years and the Huracan.

I’ve owned a few cars in my life but the 570 SL was my favorite by far, unfortunately I didn’t get to drive it as often as I would’ve loved but that’s life, you work very hard for toys which you don’t always have the time to enjoy, anyway, moving on.

Few days ago I picked up the Huracan and so far I’ve enjoyed it immensely, after I picked the car up I’ve decided to go for a bit of a run along some of the roads I usually frequent just so I familiarize myself with it. I wanted to see how the car behaves in all of those situations known to me.

initially thought the drive would be less than one hour and only few km long, I was so wrong about that, I ended up driving for more than 2 hours non stop and at the end of the day I’ve clocked up over 200 km, I couldn’t put the damn thing away :)

Initially when I jumped in the car I had to recalibrate myself, I use left foot brake right foot throttle, the carbon brakes in the car are superb, because of how I drive I had to recalibrate my left foot, the steel brakes in the 570 required a lot more pressure, the brakes in the Huracan are instant, few hundred meters down the road I started to get the hang of it, the thing I like the most, when stationary at the lights you can release the brakes and the car starts very gently moving forward, you apply the accelerator and off you go, the 570 always wanted to roll back and so I always had to be careful balancing the brake pedal with the throttle until the clutch engaged, on an incline it was quite a handful, I wasn’t worried about my ability to control it, I was mostly concerned about the clutch, that was one of the things I disliked about the 570 when in traffic.

In the cabin, you initially get overwhelmed by the multitude of controls available at your finger tips, sensory overload, so many elements impacting you, you really have to take a step back and take them all in, it didn’t take me long to get used to everything, I DD an Audi and I am very familiar with the systems and their layout.

I love all the gadgetry, from that POV the 570 interior feels quite utilitarian almost archaic, I would also like to add that although the Huracan has a lot of hardware cramped into the cabin it still feels streamlined, neat and not over the top, certainly a great place to be in!

After a short while I familiarized myself with everything and figured out my preferred settings now I find very intuitive and easy to navigate, I even like the indicator buttons on the steering wheel, I wish I had them in my DD, the only down side is when you want to indicate mid turn but after a while I even had that worked out also you shouldn't actually indicate before a turn anyway :)

With most of the vital controls on the steering wheel I worked out that both my hands were on it most of the time, which isn’t a bad thing, the only thing I felt I was missing off the wheel was the volume control buttons, a habit from my DD. but the stereo will be off 99% of the time so that’s not a big issue.

Initial impression in the cabin, I felt very isolated, in the 570 you feel like you are literally sitting on the road, there is very little cushioning between you and the elements and I love that, the Huracan feels a lot more cushioned/sheltered, feels very refined.

That’s what I felt initially, right after I took off for the first time, it felt quite weird, that’s when I started to miss the 570 experience but the more I drove the Huracan the more I started to get it, the better it felt, the more I started to assimilate my surroundings, my senses needed to recalibrate, they were still thinking of the old friend!

I started cruising through the city in slow traffic, the Huracan is a bliss to drive in slow-moving traffic, I know we all associate exotic cars with PITA to drive and if they aren’t a PITA they aren’t really exotics, they have to make you work for it or even try to kill you, damn I am not ready to die so I think that’s a bit of nonsense, why does it have to be that way?

That’s one aspect I disliked about my 570, it was a pain to move in slow traffic and that held me back from enjoying the car a lot more than I did, just the thought of having to shift the car through the PITA traffic to get to my favorite driving spots put me off driving it quite a few times.

The Huracan in STRADA auto mode just glides, very little noise, seamless gear changes, the experience is quite eerie, you don’t expect that in a Lambo.

I don’t see it as a negative, I was able to pick up my phone calls and even hear the person at the other end.

The other thing which I found exciting was the fact that it’s very easy to drive at slow speed, when it comes to speeding the local Gestapo is unforgiving, in the 570 it was very difficult to modulate your speed, I always found myself way under or way above, it required quite a lot of effort to keep it in the required range , no such problem in the Huracan, very easy to deal with it in the city.

In spite of all of the above please make no mistakes this is still a Lambo, feels like a Lambo and a lot of the PITA still exists it's just more refined, that's all :icon_mrgreen:

I shifted from the city to a familiar industrial estate which during the weekend is deserted, the roads have few nice twists, turns and roundabouts, you can’t go fast but it makes for a nice handling course, flicked the ANIMA to SPORT and the Huracan changed its tone arched its back and started barking like a mad dog, I got my first goosebumps, damn it started to sound evil, at that time the 570 was a distant memory :(

The handling is on a different level, I felt the car shrinking around me, zero body roll, very quick turns, it copied the inside of the first roundabout at a pace that almost made me feel nauseous, few times the back started breaking loose but was quickly brought under control, it was exciting because I always felt in control, the popping of the exhaust on deceleration was intoxicating, few more laps and I was out of there giggling like a school girl!

Back in the city, back in STRADA the beast started behaving again as if shrugging its shoulders saying “What? It wasn’t me!” :ph34r:

The attention you get when driving around borderlines on insanity, people have no idea what the car is, they stop and look with very inquisitive expressions on their faces, some scream, some take photos, point at the car, honk, etc. the list goes on, I can’t really deal well with that much attention so it was time to get the hell out of the city and head for the mountains :eusa_dance:

Long sweeping open roads heading towards the twisties, the Huracan was a bliss on those roads, it felt superglued to every corner, absolute delight, In the twisties, the Huracan turned into a monster, AGAIN, as I mentioned above I am not a race car driver and this isn’t meant to be a race car with that in mind I don’t understand why anyone in his right mind would want more from a street sports car.

The car is so planted and handles so well that it scared me, the reason I was scared, not because of my inexperience or inability to drive, it scared me because it enabled me to go way past where I always felt my limits were, I found myself in an unknown territory where you shift the trust from your own-self to the machine.

The Huracan makes you feel invincible and lets not forget none of us are!

The Huracan feels so tight, so compact, so planted, chews and spits out corners as if they were chunks of Kobe beef steak cooked to perfection by AudiBull, it feels like its hunching forward devouring the road making apocalyptic sounds, the steering is so sharp and precise, I felt like I was riding a roller coaster, I wanted more but the car is not even two hours old, must pace myself :icon_mrgreen: so I backed off!

Time to get out of the twisties, I was tired, excited and hungry :icon_mrgreen:

I started heading towards the highway when I took the on ramp under acceleration the unison of the engine and transmission unit coupled with the instant gear changes felt more like a teleportation rather than acceleration, I got goosebumps again :) The 570 got pushed further away into a different compartment of my brain :(

I am starting to feel sad because I loved that car, I feel the arrogance of the new kid on the block kicking the old-timer to the pasture! At that moment I hated the Huracan for that! :turboalex:

On the looks of the car, photos don’t do this car justice, the presence of the car in the wild can not be captured in the photos, in my eyes it’s an absolutely stunning car to look at, Lambo did an amazing job retaining some of Gallardo DNA (which I love) and implementing some iconic features from their past cars.

I took some more photos but I was disappointed every time I looked at them, they didn’t quite convey exactly what it was in front of my eyes!

The build quality is great, I haven’t heard any squeaks, rattles, noises, etc. it’s as tight as it can be, very pleased with that because I am a bit OCD when it comes to strange noises in my cars.

Every electronic works flawlessly, even the stereo system is half decent!

My car has dynamic steering I have no idea what the reviewers are talking about, perhaps on the track, anyway to each his own, I do not regret one bit ticking the dynamic steering box, as I suspected it works very well with the magnetic suspension and the ANIMA control in completely changing the character of the car from one setting to another, understeer, once again perhaps because for the last 7 years (and perhaps because I don't want my car to KILL ME) I was only driving Lambos and Audi quattro cars isn't noticeable to me, to be honest I see absolutely nothing wrong with it but then again I am not Chris Harris, my enjoyment doesn't come from burning rubber sliding around corners in cars which I don't pay for myself, when your hard-earned is involved you are ok with not trashing your car and having to replace rubber every third lap.

Overall, what a feeling! What an awesome machine! I feel humbled and blessed at the same time! I could go on for much longer but I am sure by now most of you are either asleep of turned back after the second paragraph! :lol2:

Thank you to those who took the time to read I hope you've enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed spending part of my Sunday writing it, now I think I will have to go exercise the Monster, after all it is a weekend car :icon_thumleft:

To be continued....

Also please do not expect VCR quality level review I need A LOT more practice before I get there! The guy is a magician!

Umm...yeah sure... I can't even write half of what you had written. And by calling me a magician, now I am going to get banned by RomanDad! :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway, awesome write-up. Glad to know that it's worth every second of the wait. Let the good times continue to roll!

Umm...yeah sure... I can't even write half of what you had written. And by calling me a magician, now I am going to get banned by RomanDad! :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway, awesome write-up. Glad to know that it's worth every second of the wait. Let the good times continue to roll!

Please don't be modest, all your write ups are so detailed and informative that no matter what you are selling I am definitely buying :icon_mrgreen: You've got the gift my friend!

Is RD in charge of the LP Magicians? I didn't know that! You better renew your membership pronto LOL.

Please don't be modest, all your write ups are so detailed and informative that no matter what you are selling I am definitely buying :icon_mrgreen: You've got the gift my friend!

Your words are way too kind my friend. I know I totally suck at selling Samsung & LG televisions! :icon_mrgreen:

Hmmmm ... Since you took the time to write every line ... I actually read every line ...

That is a First Rate analysis ... Not better or worse than VCR's legendary analysis ...

Just different ...

As you pointed out at start ...

You're NOT a V-Box toting, twin turbo boosting, my 60 - 130 is faster than yours kind of guy ...

Not a problem ... We see you as a guy who spent the last three years in a 570 SL ...

Which means your opinion is a "qualified" opinion ...

When it comes to giving some insight into what it's like to live with a Lambo on a daily basis ...

So Thank You for taking the time to give us a glimpse of just how cool the Huracan really is ...

Oh yeah, one more thing, since I know you like these, here you go ... .... ... ... ...

Exellent write up Fortis, I know exactly how you feel comparing the Huracan to the 570, Ive logged about 1,200 miles

on my car the past 5 weeks since I picked it up and I haven't driven either the 570 or the Aventador during this time.

The more you drive the car the more you want to drive it is the best way I can explain the Huracan, really happy you

finally got the car and are enjoying it, I love the rear deck lid, I'm wondering if I should have gotten that one as oppose

to the glass bonnet, enjoy your new car in the best of health brother :eusa_dance:

Great pics !! thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft:

Awesome write up and review. Pics look great and it's nice to know the Huracan is meeting or exceeding your expectations in every category. Keep enjoying it as much as possible. :icon_super: