Cars you wanted when you learnt to drive

capt_chaos

When I passed my driving test I had some money to buy the car but no way could I afford to insure it but I hankered badly for a Renault 19 16v Chamade in blue.

i look back at it now and I think what a dog it is.

What did you realistically want and how bad does it look now.

For reference

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=renault+1...+19+16v+chamade

GULP.....

I really wanted a Supra...even wanted it to look exactly like the F&F car. Makes me cringe now. I can't even remember what else. Would have been around 98 so probably a Viper, 911, Lotus Esprit...

GULP.....

I really wanted a Supra...even wanted it to look exactly like the F&F car. Makes me cringe now. I can't even remember what else. Would have been around 98 so probably a Viper, 911, Lotus Esprit...

Haha same or a Celica GT-Four, badass.... Totally forgotten how I obsessed over them

I wanted an 03 Mustang Cobra for a long time before I got my license. Once I saw F&F I wanted an RX7. Ended up getting the RX7, thankfully it was nothing like the crap in the movie :lol2:

98+ Trans Am. I still kind of like them.

1.jpg

I was broke, parents broke.. Still didn't give a shit. Only car i wanted was a countach.. Anything else was like,, who gives a shit.. lol.

I am less like that now then i was then...lol.

I was broke, parents broke.. Still didn't give a shit. Only car i wanted was a countach.. Anything else was like,, who gives a shit.. lol.

I am less like that now then i was then...lol.

LOL +1000 :icon_mrgreen:

I started mowing a few of the neighbors lawns at 13 years old. By the time I was almost 15 I had saved enough $$ to buy one of these. I still had a year to fix it up before I earned my license. I sill think it was a cool car for 1986. Not to mention I paid for it with my own money.

1974_Chevrolet_Nova.jpg

I started mowing a few of the neighbors lawns at 13 years old. By the time I was almost 15 I had saved enough $$ to buy one of these. I still had a year to fix it up before I earned my license. I sill think it was a cool car for 1986. Not to mention I paid for it with my own money.

1974_Chevrolet_Nova.jpg

Earned? Earnt?

LOL +1000 :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft:

post-10148-1419363434.jpg

that is sweet!

In 2002 wanted a Laguna Seca Blue E4 BMW M3 and a Monterey Lamborghini Diablo SV

27548-46.jpg

6 Years later I got the exact M3 from the above picture that inspired me (except I got the 19' wheels), then Lambo had to interfere with my plans and make the epicness that is the Aventador, so now that's bumped ahead of the Diablo. I know I will wind up having multiple Lambos, looking forward to getting the title on LP :icon_thumleft:

Realistically I wanted an Accord Coupe with the 5MT:

1704150.jpg

A little less realistically:

43562170-640.jpg

What I ended up with:

1st-Mercury-Sable.jpg

1989 Mercury Sable with power everything thanks to my parents taking the keys from my grandfather

I grew up during the F&F time so my dumbass wanted a fart cannon with neon lights! Realistically I ended up with a 94 champagne colored altima 5 speed. That 5 speed MT was the start of something great. I have not had an auto car since 2003.